• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Rip said:

It shouldn't be. Makes no difference to me if TRoS is good or bad. Doesn't make the other project worse. 

A lot of different people work at a company. Heck even I worked for Disney for 2 and a half years. I don't agree with everyone, I just support the projects I like.

Agreed. 

I don’t think the franchise owes me anything but likewise I don’t feel I owe the franchise anything either. 

If the produce something decent like the Mandalorian I’ll watch it. If they produce something that appears to be sub-par like this current film I skip it. 

No outrage. No boycott. I just choose to watch what I think I’ll enjoy. 

Ok, I don't know if this if this means anything, especially in the age of online ticket sales, but my local news had a remote unit at the local movie house and there was nobody there!  They talked to one father and son and then panned the camera around and nothing.  I was a bit surprised.

https://movieweb.com/the-rise-of-skywalker-box-office-tracking/?fbclid=IwAR1buJdbbBZ2dY2a5EETFyjdM8AdlqtszyOV1a8CkX2FmgNFlXKDTA9SspI

Opening weekend estimate have been revised down to $160 to $190 million. Rogue one was at $155 million had good word of mouth and finished just north of $1 billion.  Word of mouth and as always second weekend it going to mean everything.

47 minutes ago, drotto said:

https://movieweb.com/the-rise-of-skywalker-box-office-tracking/?fbclid=IwAR1buJdbbBZ2dY2a5EETFyjdM8AdlqtszyOV1a8CkX2FmgNFlXKDTA9SspI

Opening weekend estimate have been revised down to $160 to $190 million. Rogue one was at $155 million had good word of mouth and finished just north of $1 billion.  Word of mouth and as always second weekend it going to mean everything.

'stock' down hard since reviews popped up

https://www.hsx.com/security/view/STAR9

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

:popcorn:

I am exhausted after the last 48hrs... Bocelli at MSG and now this movie and work with only a few hours of sleep... so I am going to make this short. 

I liked Rise of Skywalker.  However, I take personal delight in knowing that if a few specific people 'like' Rise of Skywalker, then they are going to have a lot of explaining to do in light of their complaints with Last Jedi.

Still processing.

The good: C3P0 was great, Poe was good. Lando was fantastic. I think one of my sons teared up a bit. Emperor was cool. Dio was cool.

The bad: Very mixed, a massive amount of information tossed at me and it didn't seem to flow right. Not enough time to tell a proper story. Felt like some big editing and story gaps. Should have been 30 min longer and maybe a few less hoops. I understand the critics problems. Felt like they read message boards about the problems of the Last Jedi and was VERY overt on the fixes. (They are clearly listening, maybe a little too much at times)

Overall didn't hate it but felt a bit soulless. It really really tries to make everyone happy. I will watch it again to absorb things better.

5 minutes ago, Rip said:

Still processing.

The good: C3P0 was great, Poe was good. Lando was fantastic. I think one of my sons teared up a bit. Emperor was cool. Dio was cool.

The bad: Very mixed, a massive amount of information tossed at me and it didn't seem to flow right. Not enough time to tell a proper story. Felt like some big editing and story gaps. Should have been 30 min longer and maybe a few less hoops. I understand the critics problems. Felt like they read message boards about the problems of the Last Jedi and was VERY overt on the fixes. (They are clearly listening, maybe a little too much at times)

Overall didn't hate it but felt a bit soulless. It really really tries to make everyone happy. I will watch it again to absorb things better.

Good review, and I agree. There needs to be an extended cut, and I feel like books (if not multimedia) are probably already in the works for some of the missing backstory.