• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know what you like :shy:

it was driven and decent acting, the story is what you'd expect :)

You're always such a review tease. Just like with Joker.

:baiting:

I still don't think this movie was made with me in mind. But also no reason to assume these need to be cookie-cutter franchise films, always going after the general audience target market. I'd rather see from time to time a Deadpool, Joker or Birds of Prey land that deviates from the norm.

15 hours ago, paperheart said:

You could be right. Same site that ranked Joker below where Birds of Prey is right now.

metacritic_BOP01.png.b7b2879e99e4af6fe19b57f0e898e3df.png

Also the same site where more than a few critic contributors stated in their reviews Joker would inspire incels to attack people.

Joker_Ghastly.gif.00a59ae75e49149105f335a2760b8c02.gif

(:

Edited by Bosco685

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
10 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You're always such a review tease. Just like with Joker.

I still don't think this movie was made with me in mind. But also no reason to assume these need to be cookie-cutter franchise films, always going after the general audience target market. I'd rather see from time to time a Deadpool, Joker or Birds of Prey land that deviates from the norm.

I liked Dark Fates Terminator, and said that as a review.

I liked Joker too, other than when they told us the theater had threats as we're finally inside the theater to sit and watch the move, by then it was too late to discuss if we wanted to stay when there were "threats" :sorry: 

I probably liked BOP as much as Terminator, because the story was driven in that it kept you interested and acted well....

What was different about BOP was the ending was anticlimactic ....... It's a decent movie, I don't know that I'd want to "pay to see" it, but there aren't any certain things that if "hate or dislike about it".....

It's just a decent watch

11 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

There WERE a bunch of Nut Shots in this movie!

the story is mediocre but fun to watch, doesn't do really too much as far as character development imo

It was decent, a popcorn movie :) the ending a little lacking punch....

The story was pretty good and had different angles. Harley kind of story tells and introduces everyone throughout the movie that had some twists in story telling :foryou: 

50 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It was decent, a popcorn movie :) the ending a little lacking punch....

The story was pretty good and had different angles. Harley kind of story tells and introduces everyone throughout the movie that had some twists in story telling :foryou: 

Was it any better than the clips I posted? Or would you say that's pretty much what we can expect throughout the movie. 

Also how was this? lol  “To spend a whole section of a movie on an egg sandwich seemed like a fantastic idea to all of us,” Robbie said. :screwy:

Brutal:

"Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn" is more than horrible. It should not exist.

Meh:

The overcompensation of how to fill two hours with just Harley Quinn stuff gets a bit desperate. Birds of Prey is eccentric, trivial entertainment for those crave that stuff.

Kinda what I was expecting, which is sad for  "Birds of Prey" movie:

It's a little too close to "Suicide Squad" in one all-important regard. Take away Harley Quinn, and you've got no movie.

2 minutes ago, devilsrain said:

Was it any better than the clips I posted? Or would you say that's pretty much what we can expect throughout the movie. 

Also how was this? lol  “To spend a whole section of a movie on an egg sandwich seemed like a fantastic idea to all of us,” Robbie said. :screwy:

I didn't watch any of the movie reviews posted yesterday, as I wanted to go in with an open mind. I went back just now to see if there was a video that you posted, didn't find it quickly....

It's a bit quirky, as quirky as the Batman Animated Series, it works. The Egg sandwich wasn't bad and made sense :) 

While I seem to say that it wasn't bad, I think the main take away is: it wasn't nearly as cringe worthy as the lines in the clips make it seem. That I do know. It had a nice flow, and didn't go out of it's way to make any point or statement of cringe worthiness lol 

Even the "I'm Harley frickin' Quinn" line wasn't too bad. The "We're going to have to work togetha" line is basically the end of the movie, and it fits with the circumstances and wasn't that cringe worthy.....

Y'all don't know it, but I'm being critical of this movie..... The audience laughed and laughed throughout and clapped at the end. NO ONE got up to leave at the credits. Sometimes at least a few do, but not this time......

I just don't want to "spoil" anything for the average movie goer @Bosco685 but then they're probably avoiding spoilers and stay out of this thread? idk :foryou: 

the #2 plays heavily in this movie....... cardinal numbers.....

If you like the kind of humor that I call quirky around the cardinal number #2, that is rated R, and is not the kind of "humor" that would be the movie the Naked Gun....

You'll enjoy your popcorn!

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

the #2 plays heavily in this movie....... cardinal numbers.....

If you like the kind of humor that I call quirky around the cardinal number #2, that is rated R, and is not the kind of "humor" that would be the movie the Naked Gun....

You'll enjoy your popcorn!

Cardinal numbers huh?  I initially read that as carnal.  I dunno, I was hoping for the mega hot (and maybe a less campy) version of HQ.  The movie is Rated R and what do they do?  Remove the male gaze. 

It reminds me of Logan.  You have an unbelievable opportunity to portray X-23 as a hot woman/prostitute and they make her a little girl  :makepoint:

8 minutes ago, devilsrain said:

Cardinal numbers huh?  I initially read that as carnal.  I dunno, I was hoping for the mega hot (and maybe a less campy) version of HQ.  The movie is Rated R and what do they do?  Remove the male gaze. 

It reminds me of Logan.  You have an unbelievable opportunity to portray X-23 as a hot woman/prostitute and they make her a little girl  :makepoint:

I was wondering why it was R as well...

Before going in lol

Is not Adam west campy, it doesn't make fun of men. But only men get beat up, nut shots, and the women have flaws too. If someone wanted to they could make a case, but I really don't think it comes off that way....

The nut shots are basically in cinematic fight scenes and are just part of fighting. Given past threads of m ivie reviews, I noticed them, but they're not pointed out as the way to go or anything. Even girls get kicked in the crotch and or boobs in this flick.

its really kind of a free for all

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

31 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Brutal:

Meh:

Kinda what I was expecting, which is sad for  "Birds of Prey" movie:

The bravery demonstrated with these reviews are above and beyond the call of duty. The award ceremony will be held soon.

:banana: