• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

All of those tweets confirm what I had suspected.

'Trailers were not that great, and looked like Suicide Squad'

Fun action - its really good. Surprised at how much he liked it.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

All of those tweets confirm what I had suspected.

Had very low expectations for the movie.

Felt it was a pretty fun movie. Though he wouldn't need to see it again.

Looking forward to seeing this today, Lord willing, going to line up at 2 or 2:30 to see if I'm early enough to get in :) 

Hoping for the best, but I do have low expectations and kind of suck at movie reviews lol 

Verdict

In terms of sheer fun, Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) delivers in spades. Its zany energy, visceral fight sequences, and focus on one of DC’s most fascinating characters ensure that it continues Warner Bros.’ winning streak of big, bombastic comic book adaptations that are unafraid to embrace their inherent ridiculousness. While its emphasis on Harley Quinn doesn’t leave much room for the Birds of Prey (though each scores a standout moment), the movie is a stunning showcase for Margot Robbie, who commands the screen and gives her damaged protagonist all the dimension she deserves. And although we’d have preferred to see a true team-up with fewer narrative detours, Birds of Prey provides a perfect setup for a host of other intriguing spin-offs in the DC cinematic universe - can we request Poison Ivy next?

This film has a long road ahead. So where that score lands once it is declared ROTTEN or FRESH will be interesting. Like with Joker gaining and losing and then gaining an losing that CERTIFIED FRESH rating.

RT_Rules.PNG.f111c754308e17c0e2e85d83ecccaea8.PNG

Every moment in this film is intoxicatingly fun and amusing. It is so evident that the cast and crew had an amazing time crafting this film into the entertaining extravaganza it is. This film will continue pave the way for strong female-made blockbusters. Every character has so much personality and the film will leave you wanting more. This film epitomizes fun and is absolute brilliance in every way, I personally cannot wait to see where they choose to take these characters next.

This is without a doubt one of the must see films of the year that is filled to the brim with stylish and superb filmmaking, thrilling action, engaging characters as well as a brilliantly catchy soundtrack.

5/5 Stars ★★★★★