• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Ten Hitler Covers
7 7

227 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, walclark said:

I think you are correct on both counts.

I was surprised that with only five copies on the census, it sold as cheaply as it did.  Granted, it's not one of the better Hitler covers. In fact, it's among the worst, imo.  But completists gotta complete!

T-Man may not have been too sharp an agent if he needed to carry around Adolf's photo in order to identify him. hm

7 hours ago, BB-Gun said:

I wonder if this cover on the right has been on the list.  It is a special Sheldon flags cover as well.

15658378384_e0986b4262_b.jpg

Yep, I think it's on there.  I have a copy of that one, but I can't seem to find my scan. 

30 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I was surprised that with only five copies on the census, it sold as cheaply as it did.  Granted, it's not one of the better Hitler covers. In fact, it's among the worst, imo.  But completists gotta complete!

T-Man may not have been too sharp an agent if he needed to carry around Adolf's photo in order to identify him. hm

It’s even worse than you think.  If you look closely, you can see that he brought the photo to have it autographed.  But then he stiffed Hitler the $20 autograph fee.  That’s why Adolf had to call security.

20 hours ago, walclark said:

It’s even worse than you think.  If you look closely, you can see that he brought the photo to have it autographed.  But then he stiffed Hitler the $20 autograph fee.  That’s why Adolf had to call security.

:signfunny:

On 1/29/2019 at 5:28 PM, Sqeggs said:

It's also a code era reprint of issue #6, which has a better cover, so some completists may feel it unnecessary, if they don't include post-GA covers in their collections.

13 hours ago, rjpb said:

It's also a code era reprint of issue #6, which has a better cover, so some completists may feel it unnecessary, if they don't include post-GA covers in their collections.

GA lasts until FF 1 is published in 1961! :sumo:

I have the earlier T-Man as well.  I agree that it has a better cover. 

RADB234C201723_104118_zpsj0bucjbt.jpg

18 minutes ago, Timely said:

I have over 50 Hitler covers, here are some.

hitlers.jpg

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:Another incredible group shot!

*****With the 75th Anniversary of the end of WWII (the dropping of the bomb) approaching next year, we really need a themed Thread to mark the moment.

Maybe Thread where we change the Theme each week(or month) Hitler, Japanese, German, Hirohito, Pearl Harbor, Tanks, Planes, Ships, Non Super Hero, Stereotypes, Pre U.S. involvment, Timely, DC, Fox, Torture, Funny Animal, etc  .....

On 12/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, Timely said:

I have over 50 Hitler covers, here are some.

hitlers.jpg

What a great photo man!!! What a group love how you have both versions of the Real Life in matching 8.0s. This is a big boy collection right here folks!!