• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

Just got back from Paradise.  Picked up thirteen books so there is one order left of three books.  I did see Peter but I did not want to get into any arguments as I still have books to pick up.  So it was strictly in and out with the books.  Peter is not going to admit to anything anyway.

1 hour ago, koyama said:

Payed for SS service (grading + encapsulation). Would have paid for sigs after. 

Hopefully you got your money back.  I really would have been angry and disappointed if I was you.

On 4/15/2018 at 1:09 PM, 01TheDude said:

Yes-- people buying businesses and/or current owners finding new financing to fix capital shortfalls NEVER happens with any business in the entire world. Certainly not Canada. I am so ridiculous. lol

You mention some "guy" scamming everyone-- which is an assumption you are making. While Paradise has not been very forthcoming with information (or comics), at no point has any one from there stated a problem with money. I started my entire earlier response from a purely speculative position agreeing that it might be a financial issue. So now you assume that is truth and that the store is flat out scamming people? Maybe you are the one who is being ridiculous.

If I were a business owner-- even a comic book store -- that was under capitalized -- it would be my duty as an owner to find new sources of funds and/or consider selling the business. The other option being folding up shop or continuing to run the business half-arsed.

Would you like to buy some cloud insurance?

It was known months ago on page 1 of this thread that this was ALWAYS about money and how Paradise Comics didn't have any.

10 minutes ago, J-Bird said:

My 8 books are backs well, got the call. Just have to make my way over from Ottawa and pick them up. What a relief.

You’re coming in from Ottawa to pick them up? ??? 

Shipping should be $15. :gossip: 

17 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

You’re coming in from Ottawa to pick them up? ??? 

Shipping should be $15. :gossip: 

And trust them on yet another transaction? No thanks, that's just asking for the stuff to somehow get "lost" or "stolen". I'll visit friends and hit up some shops to make it worth the trip.

I wonder how many options people really have in this area of Canada. Those are some big names and maybe other locations don't offer quite as much. I could say paradise doesn't really either, conidering the wait times of some. But also perhaps there was something lost in transition of management and now they're more or less on the up and up, but they have to recoupe from there grandiose mistakes. 

I really have no idea, but if they were once reliable they could be again and the other way around. Maybe they look at the mistakes and say, it is what it is, and that there is no permanent fix to the past and are looking to the future?

7 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I definitely want my book singed by Brian Micheal Bedis.

I can't wait to hear the artists singing. 

6 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:
14 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I definitely want my book singed by Brian Micheal Bedis.

I can't wait to hear the artists singing. 

I want my book lightly burned by Bendis.

23 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

I did see Peter but I did not want to get into any arguments as I still have books to pick up.  So it was strictly in and out with the books.  Peter is not going to admit to anything anyway.

I don't get this. 

21 minutes ago, Transplant said:
23 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

I did see Peter but I did not want to get into any arguments as I still have books to pick up.  So it was strictly in and out with the books.  Peter is not going to admit to anything anyway.

I don't get this. 

He doesn't want to rock the boat; he still has cool books to pick up.