• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Zevgoli said:

I have just replied to the BBB complaint I sent in  a week ago against Paradise.  Basically Peter in his rebuttal did not address why it has taken eight months to get back the books just outlining my email correspondence with him and the fact that he and CGC are working overtime to get the books back to me.  He doesn’t blame CGC for the delay a reply I would expect him to make.  He also doesn’t blame himself either.

My reply stressed the obvious as to why it has taken this long to get the books back to me despite the fact I paid upfront.  And I included a couple of email threads I had with Peter that shows the delinquency.  We will see how it goes.

Yah I'm sure CGC is paying their staff time and a half to make sure this store gets their books back faster. 

Sorry Nancy, I know its quitting time, but this random shop who never pays theirs bills on time then blames us for their mistakes is in a real bind with 10 exceedingly polite Canadian customers.  You're gonna have to stay late so we can process the 700 books in the queue before their books so we can get to theirs faster.  Even though they didn't pay for fastrack we're going to PAY YOU OVERTIME AND JUMP THEIR BOOKS TO THE HEAD OF THE QUEUE ahead of other paying customers who know how to submit payment with their books. 

That definitely sounds like a thing that would happen.  in Florida (an unnecessary shot at Florida?  but what does that even mean?  I've only been twice there were hurricanes both times.  But drinks are cheap AF in downtown Orlando bars on weeknights, so that's something.  I feel like we've digressed...).

1 hour ago, Zevgoli said:

I have just replied to the BBB complaint I sent in  a week ago against Paradise.  Basically Peter in his rebuttal did not address why it has taken eight months to get back the books just outlining my email correspondence with him and the fact that he and CGC are working overtime to get the books back to me.  He doesn’t blame CGC for the delay a reply I would expect him to make.  He also doesn’t blame himself either.

My reply stressed the obvious as to why it has taken this long to get the books back to me despite the fact I paid upfront.  And I included a couple of email threads I had with Peter that shows the delinquency.  We will see how it goes.

Of course he doesn't blame CGC. He could only do that if he actually paid for your books. In that event this post wouldn't exist as you would have received your books a long time ago. I have a feeling that the honest answer isn't forthcoming anytime soon. The most likely answer, and the way I see it is that your money was taken and used for any number of things EXCEPT to pay for your comics. Perhaps it was even used to pay someone else's grading fees for books submitted weeks or months before yours. This taking from Peter to pay Paul might have been going on there for a while as they got deeper and deeper in over their head and their only "recourse" was to use "new" grading $$$ for pay for older ones. In this case enough people started to complain and here you are. This is always a possibility when you are paying someone else ahead of time for services yet to be rendered by another party. I'd love it if the answer was different. I do. But since there hasn't been an answer and only evasiveness or no communication at all in its place I don't see you getting a fully written explanation/admission that they took your money to pay for something else and figured they could get away with doing the same with someone else a little while down the line.

21 hours ago, revat said:

Yah I'm sure CGC is paying their staff time and a half to make sure this store gets their books back faster. 

Sorry Nancy, I know its quitting time, but this random shop who never pays theirs bills on time then blames us for their mistakes is in a real bind with 10 exceedingly polite Canadian customers.  You're gonna have to stay late so we can process the 700 books in the queue before their books so we can get to theirs faster.  Even though they didn't pay for fastrack we're going to PAY YOU OVERTIME AND JUMP THEIR BOOKS TO THE HEAD OF THE QUEUE ahead of other paying customers who know how to submit payment with their books. 

That definitely sounds like a thing that would happen.  in Florida (an unnecessary shot at Florida?  but what does that even mean?  I've only been twice there were hurricanes both times.  But drinks are cheap AF in downtown Orlando bars on weeknights, so that's something.  I feel like we've digressed...).

Every book was fast tracked.

9 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Sure, a year for fast tracked books makes sense.  :roflmao:

In all seriousness, any word on the status of your books?  Did they ACTUALLY ship today (4/12)?

I have not heard back from Peter.  I will follow up.

32 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I would have asked Peter for the invoice number so I could follow up with CGC myself.  (but I think that was discussed several pages back already)

I have the invoice number but CGC will not give me the status of books under Paradises account.  I just wrote to Peter asking about the status of shipment.

On 2018-04-05 at 12:55 PM, Zevgoli said:

Email from Peter:

Hi Howard here is the status of your invoices 

1519644 &1519639 Howard Baylis (need these. He has put in a complaint with the better business bureau. 
IN PROCESS (ONE IS AT CCS, ONE AT CGC) Cgc should ship on 4/12

Thanks Peter

1519644 has shipped:
https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=1519644001&grader-notes=yes

1519639 has not shipped:

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=1519639001

3 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

The signature date for first invoice says a lot too...

SIGNED BY NEAL ADAMS ON 7/7/17

46 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

The signature date for first invoice says a lot too...

SIGNED BY NEAL ADAMS ON 7/7/17

at this point, I'm just impressed that it still ended up signed, sigh

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

at this point, I'm just impressed that it still ended up signed, sigh

Zevgoli's original post did mention books signed at SDCC so the timing of the signing lines up somewhat.  (I've had facilitator(s) miss their signing dates and end up holding books for another 3 months for the next convenient signing).  This increasingly looks like a case of someone not paying their bills to CGC resulting in the books being held for an eternity in Sarasota.  If you subbed books with Paradise recently, I'd certainly be concerned of a similar situation playing out.

4 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

Every book was fast tracked.

You misunderstand my point.  I’m not saying YOU didn’t ask for or pay for fast track.  But that money went to paradise, not CGC.  I’m not 100%  paradise paid Cgc for fast track.

maybe they did in their rush to contain this situation, but there’s a queue of fast track books too

18 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Zevgoli's original post did mention books signed at SDCC so the timing of the signing lines up somewhat.  (I've had facilitator(s) miss their signing dates and end up holding books for another 3 months for the next convenient signing).  This increasingly looks like a case of someone not paying their bills to CGC resulting in the books being held for an eternity in Sarasota.  If you subbed books with Paradise recently, I'd certainly be concerned of a similar situation playing out.

All of the remaining books I’m owed are signature series and all were completed at the Con.  Nothing from Peter about the books status.  Typical.

On Apr 13, 2018, at 3:23 PM, Peter Dixon <peter@paradisecomics.com> wrote:

Hi Howard, the first invoice shipped and the second is being finished at CCS and will be in the next shipment.

Peter

8 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

Hi Howard, the first invoice shipped and the second is being finished at CCS and will be in the next shipment.

Peter

Only 8 months and counting since SDCC, way to go Peter!

6 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

Peter

Must have had an influx of new books being dropped off at Paradise for grading to pay for some of these year old invoices.  

Eventually the people dropping books off now will start a “is two years too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?” thread