• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jason McCallum said:

I also have been waiting for a year. I’m in to Paradise on a fairly regular basis and Jeff does try his best. However I can only assume that he has ZERO control over the CGC account nor any access to it since it belongs to the old owner. Kristina is apparently his wife and has been terrible at answering emails. She is also inaccessible so going into the store does nothing and she can’t be reached by phone. I’ve tried to deal with CGC as well but the absolute most I’ve ever gotten from them is “we have them” but we’re telling you nothing, deal with your local store. I’ve been hammering this from both ends but am getting nowhere.

Regular submissions with the CGC booth are fine so I don’t know what the problem is. 

Jeff wouldn't be the owner, and there is no old owner, just the same that that has owned it since about 2000.

Jim

On 2/11/2018 at 10:52 AM, Paradise_Comics said:

Hello everyone. I have been dealing with CGC since 2000 and helped launch the Signature Series label in 2002. With the completion of store renovations and staff turnover this past year there has been some disorganization on our part. We are working with CGC to rectify this and have everyone's comics returned in a timely manner. CGC has been fantastic in helping move things along. We have revamped our staffing situation and have things running much more smoothly and are working hard to ensure this situation never reoccurs.

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

I wonder if Peter would be willing to give y'all an update here on the boards.

1 hour ago, Guardian Comics said:

Jeff wouldn't be the owner, and there is no old owner, just the same that that has owned it since about 2000.

Jim

Than that makes it all the more  awful. If that is the case and he’s still involved then it’s disappointing there wasn’t any follow-up in over 12 months. Even a delay email would have been nice.

On 2/26/2018 at 3:03 PM, Redgrave said:

Than that makes it all the more  awful. If that is the case and he’s still involved then it’s disappointing there wasn’t any follow-up in over 12 months. Even a delay email would have been nice.

Yes, Peter is the owner.   Kristina is Peter's partner who seems to be who they are directing CGC submission complaints too.  Jeff is the new manager. Doug, the former manager, use to be able to get info from CGC so not sure what has changed. Maybe just through Doug's long standing relationship at the store? Regardless seems weird a store manager can't access the store's CGC subs.

Or maybe there is a reason why they don't want that kind of information to be provided to their customers so freely...

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Nothing happening with my books. Still M.I.A.  I'm going to stop in on the weekend and remind/bother them, the same as usual. Also, still no response through email and I gave CGC a call. They insisted that Paradise should have more information to share. Why Paradise continues not to inform all of us is the biggest mystery.

More than a year and can't even give concrete info? Although they continue to send and receive books from CGC Based on their IG posts and stories...something doesn't sound right.

I won't be surprised that they just come back and say that the books have been lost or something and they will ask for a deal/compensation to pay for the books.

4 hours ago, koyama said:

Nothing happening with my books. Still M.I.A.  I'm going to stop in on the weekend and remind/bother them, the same as usual. Also, still no response through email and I gave CGC a call. They insisted that Paradise should have more information to share. Why Paradise continues not to inform all of us is the biggest mystery.

Ugh, what a mess. :facepalm: 

9 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

Emailed them on February 23rd. Still haven't heard back. Absolutely unbelievable. 

Shows what they think of their customers. Disgusting after so long. 

20 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Time to amp up your inquiry and time to raise the bar. 

I agree.

I'm not sure what avenues are available in Canada, but YELP reviews might be a way to get the word out and get other people complaining as well.  A few negative reviews about borderline 'theft' or 'fraud' (choose your words carefully) should get someone's attention.  Additionally, we have something called the 'Better Business Bureau' in the US, which is like a local consumer/business protection type organization which may have resources.  Additionally, our local district attorney's office has sort of a 'civil advisory mediation' where they try to solve small issues before they get too big.  Like little things where stores don't honor coupons or advertisements, or don't take returns they should, etc.  Your jurisdiction may have some of these resources.  Additionally, our local tv news stations occasionally do stories about consumers who get jacked by local businesses.  You can consider telling the newspaper your stories, or writing a letter to the editor of the local newspaper.  Additionally, you may get more traction if you band together with other victims.  The other thing that one can do is PEACEFULLY protest (check with local govt about rules and regs) near the store.

On 2018-02-11 at 11:52 AM, Paradise_Comics said:

Hello everyone. I have been dealing with CGC since 2000 and helped launch the Signature Series label in 2002. With the completion of store renovations and staff turnover this past year there has been some disorganization on our part. We are working with CGC to rectify this and have everyone's comics returned in a timely manner. CGC has been fantastic in helping move things along. We have revamped our staffing situation and have things running much more smoothly and are working hard to ensure this situation never reoccurs.

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

Hey Pete, 

Just bumping your post here because some of the natives are getting restless. 

You may want to reach out to those disgruntled parties before things get too far along. 2c 

Andy

On 2/11/2018 at 10:52 AM, Paradise_Comics said:

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

Apparently not.....