• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman (Hush) 618 Cover up at C-Link
1 1

41 posts in this topic

Definitely not my favorite of his run, but I suspect it will go pretty high.  I have to say, I am amazed at the price people are throwing around.  Not because I think they are way over on their estimates but more at how much the market has moved up in price over the last 10 years.

32 minutes ago, MagnusX said:

After all the drama we saw in 2017 between CLink and that upset customer,
description and disclosure should be front line,
specially with high end pieces...

Absolutely. How could you list anything without full disclosure is beyond me. I just don't get it. SMH

1 hour ago, JadeGiant said:

Absolutely. How could you list anything without full disclosure is beyond me. I just don't get it. SMH

if someone created an overlay to include with a piece of art - I would see that as a positive. it wouldn't affect the price with or without it - but having it is a nice bonus.  I think folks may be making much ado about nothing here.

3 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

if someone created an overlay to include with a piece of art - I would see that as a positive. it wouldn't affect the price with or without it - but having it is a nice bonus.  I think folks may be making much ado about nothing here.

Yeah, compared to the many problems on every OA auction site I've used, this is really unimportant IMO. I just won a piece from HA, then checked one of those sites out there that have copies of GA books and the art isn't in the book. It's a tough artist to get so I'm not really upset, but if I'd have known I would've spent more money on a larger piece by them that was actually listed as unpublished.

Edited by Greenlake

On 1/31/2018 at 10:19 AM, MagnusX said:

After all the drama we saw in 2017 between CLink and that upset customer,
description and disclosure should be front line,
specially with high end pieces...

On 1/31/2018 at 3:17 PM, Greenlake said:

Yeah, compared to the many problems on every OA auction site I've used, this is really unimportant IMO. 

I'm siding with the folks asking for full disclosure.  If it's not in the ORIGINAL (published) condition,

why not include that information.  Those of you who say "no big deal" just wait until you get a piece 

that's been altered/enhanced/modified/etc. after publication and see how quick your view changes.

1 hour ago, jqa3 said:

I'm siding with the folks asking for full disclosure.  If it's not in the ORIGINAL (published) condition,

why not include that information.  Those of you who say "no big deal" just wait until you get a piece 

that's been altered/enhanced/modified/etc. after publication and see how quick your view changes.

I never argued against disclosure -- that'd be silly -- but this is nowhere near the same as altering artwork, gluing new stats to art, undisclosed physical damage (experienced that with another auction site in Dec.), not disclosing if it's ink over blue line or if there are separate pencils (happens all the time), or as I already mentioned claiming a piece was published in a particular book when it wasn't. It's just an overlay. Don't like it? It comes right off. Yeah, ideally disclose everything, it's just one of the least important mistakes these OA auctions have.

Edited by Greenlake

11 hours ago, Matches_Malone said:

The following information is included in the listed auction.

Note: Logo and type stats are reproductions affixed to a clear, plastic acetate overlay which is adhered to the back of the art board with artist's tape, which is easily removable. The second image is the art as it appears without the overlay.

This is an acceptable description. Was this on the original listing?

I dont see much of any issue with someone spending a little extra to give the eventual buyer a high quality overlay if they want to display it in similar manner to the cover, especially since no physical original likely ever existed (done digitally). This is still the auction preview, things change and get added/updated all the time to listings before bidding begins as I understand it. 

Surprised to hear that some folks aren't big on this one. It's Jim Lee, it's Hush (he's even in the background!), and it has a raggedy- Robin skeleton on it. Pretty cool if you ask me! I'm way out of my depth where this $$$-level is being discussed, but I'd think it's a slam dunk $50k these days. I'd love to have it. Have to sell some organs, though.