• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

That's easy my Boris and Bela autographs. The story behind them is interesting as of all places for Lugosi to play Dracula on stage he picked Belfast? It was in the 1950's when he came and as my brother in laws Grandfather was a famous Irish piper he met Lugosi backstage and he got a signed photo made out to Frank however my brother in law was going through his stuff when he died and gave me the photo. As for Karloff I heard that he was in hospital and asked my father to write to him for me and that's how I got Karloff unfortunately he passed away at that time in 1969. Ask me about my origin story one day that's a doozey.:)  

Please post 'em.

a Lugosi autograph would be cool (Karloff too !) i checked them out on eBay , most are very expensive,... one Bela has sold cheap recently...

Bela Lugosi (d.1956) - Horror Legend - Original Signed Autograph - Very Rare!!!

• $305.00
Edited by 1950's war comics

On 07/04/2018 at 2:33 PM, 1950's war comics said:

a Lugosi autograph would be cool (Karloff too !) i checked them out on eBay , most are very expensive,... one Bela has sold cheap recently...

• $305.00

That's a fake, always read the small print! He gives no details only that it came from a memorabilia company so what he is implying is "As far as he knows?". Bela very rarely signed autographs unless you were facing him, otherwise his wife would sign the photos and he would hand them out personally or put them in the post. I never buy off Ebay unless and this is my tip for the day, look at their listings if they are full of autographs don't buy. I've found that sellers listing their house contents are sure to be real as they are one off items.:)  Shhhhhh only between you and me.

AcrobaticInsistentHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif.c81d65a404fa99cbf4ce3bcf7bd79280.gif

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

That's a fake, always read the small print!

Very interesting , i wondered why it went so cheap ,...

yeah i am aware that eBay is full of forged signatures , there are a couple threads devoted to fake Stan Lee signatures,