• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, tv horror said:

ff2a15d205a765762b532480b3351777.jpg.44db9ab006eb99f6e7042f1b5cd2ca25.jpg

Noting that a pistol won't do much to a bear why is that guy even bothering.  He's just gonna make that creature really mad.  He should have shot his buddy in the leg and ran.  After all, he only needs to outrun his buddy.

18 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i used to love bowling... i bowled in the same league every wed night for 30 years until my knees started giving out so i gave it up...

bowling used to be the most popular participation sport in America until the 1990's but now even in my city of Lansing Mi about 15 bowling alleys have closed down including

two of the big ones.... wow what happened to today's generation of bowlers ??

here are a couple of my favorite Sports Illustrated issues.......

Image result for sports illustrated bowling covers check out the sweet point of view !!!

How does he pick up that ball.  It is half his size. 

18 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i used to love bowling... i bowled in the same league every wed night for 30 years until my knees started giving out so i gave it up...

bowling used to be the most popular participation sport in America until the 1990's but now even in my city of Lansing Mi about 15 bowling alleys have closed down including

two of the big ones.... wow what happened to today's generation of bowlers ??

here are a couple of my favorite Sports Illustrated issues.......

Image result for sports illustrated bowling covers check out the sweet point of view !!!

I know a few more bowlers who won't be happy about the closures. Also a word of warning from one of them: Pow right up the kisser.

fred-flinstone.jpg.c98ad34899630a3407b7a834129714b1.jpg479eceeb815b4448ee4e24ca73f05ba0_xl.jpg.befbb0a1b5accaf4c486abbe9bf251ce.jpg

DC Jackie Gleason #12 (April/May 1958) was the last comic in the series and is considered hard to find, there are only five in the CGC census with a 7.5 being the highest and a 7.0 the next highest, it has always been one of DC's toughest to get SA issues along with "It's Game Time" issues 1-4

pictured is a stock image CGC 5.5 as i do not own one, it pops up infrequently on eBay a few times a year and generally cost in the neighborhood of $300....

Image result for jackie gleason comic 12

Edited by 1950's war comics

On 6/5/2018 at 4:58 PM, tv horror said:

As Jackie Gleason inspired the creation of Fred Flintstone it's only natural that they both like bowling. Much the same way that Sgt Bilko became Top cat, I love Sgt Bilko it's one of my favorite shows.

i have never seen Sgt Bilko before... we must not have gotten that channel when i was a kid ... we only got two channels back then , CBS and NBC

9 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i have never seen Sgt Bilko before... we must not have gotten that channel when i was a kid ... we only got two channels back then , CBS and NBC

The show originally ran from the mid to late 50s so it might have been over before your time :bigsmile: