• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2018 at 7:05 AM, 1950's war comics said:

Marwood posted this great pink elephant cover over in another thread so  i have to add it here as you don't often see a pink elephant cover

...now back in my drinking days that was another story lol 

1447461794_AtomicMouse40(Vol.1)January1961(6d).thumb.jpg.3b548f32fd7e717428b1090b9d2e8e39.jpg

I'm not drunk.  Why am I seeing pink elephants.

i can't help it with the bowling covers and this is an old school great one !!  and a holy grail comic i probably will never be able to afford....

Raw,.. CGC 8.0,.. CGC 5.0 ,.. the CGC 5.0 looks almost as nice as the 8.0

Image result for millie the model 5 cgc Image result for millie the model 5 cgcImage result for millie the model 5 cgc

Edited by 1950's war comics

58 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i can't help it with the bowling covers and this is an old school great one !!  and a holy grail comic i probably will never be able to afford....

Raw,.. CGC 8.0,.. CGC 5.0 ,.. the CGC 5.0 looks almost as nice as the 8.0

Image result for millie the model 5 cgc Image result for millie the model 5 cgcImage result for millie the model 5 cgc

Oh Millie I know that someday I'll truly bowl you over.

Am Billie you do know that's a chromedome you're feeling up!

Edited by tv horror

On 6/10/2018 at 10:08 PM, tv horror said:

You must excuse me Mr Renfield...I had a housekeeper but she was just my type.  Blood type B negative I mean!   

The best line in the movie and one of the greatest in film history IMO occurs when Dracula offers Renfield some wine.  

Renfield:  Aren't you drinking?

Dracula:  I never drink...wine.

22 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

@tv horror..

i have never watched this movie from 1994 ,.. have you ? if you have what do you think of it ?

Image result for Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Are you talking to me? I'm such a good fellow that it pains me to watch such a fine actor as DeNiro lay an egg, oh boy does this movie stink. Okay it does have one nice scene when the monster's mate catches fire in the corridor other than that nothing and it was directed by a Belfast born director Kenneth Branagh. Funny story I had a job during the Eighties as a cemetary supervisor whose job was to landscape the surrounding area. One day a film crew arrived to film the last of a trilogy of television plays starring Mr Branagh, his co-car was more well known at the time locally so my manager asked myself and two of my crew if we would get his autograph for his "DAUGHTER"? Off we went and we met this co-star who turned out to be a very likeable person, so we stood talking to him when the director came over to  us and asked would anyone like to play a gravedigger for a short scene. The co-star tried to encourage us to give it a try however two of us chickened out because we were afraid of being made a laugh off when the film would be shown. The third filmed his scene and was mocked no end by the rest of our 70 strong team, one more bit of trivia Branagh won't let these films be shown as he is now so well known? Not a fan of Mr Branagh although I did enjoy his Universal horrors documentary.    

11 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

The best line in the movie and one of the greatest in film history IMO occurs when Dracula offers Renfield some wine.  

Renfield:  Aren't you drinking?

Dracula:  I never drink...wine.

Ah but did you know that the wine represents blood as in the body and blood of Christ,  By the way that's my own theory copyrighted to TV horror. 

22 hours ago, tv horror said:

Are you talking to me? I'm such a good fellow that it pains me to watch such a fine actor as DeNiro lay an egg, oh boy does this movie stink. Okay it does have one nice scene when the monster's mate catches fire in the corridor other than that nothing and it was directed by a Belfast born director Kenneth Branagh. Funny story I had a job during the Eighties as a cemetary supervisor whose job was to landscape the surrounding area. One day a film crew arrived to film the last of a trilogy of television plays starring Mr Branagh, his co-car was more well known at the time locally so my manager asked myself and two of my crew if we would get his autograph for his "DAUGHTER"? Off we went and we met this co-star who turned out to be a very likeable person, so we stood talking to him when the director came over to  us and asked would anyone like to play a gravedigger for a short scene. The co-star tried to encourage us to give it a try however two of us chickened out because we were afraid of being made a laugh off when the film would be shown. The third filmed his scene and was mocked no end by the rest of our 70 strong team, one more bit of trivia Branagh won't let these films be shown as he is now so well known? Not a fan of Mr Branagh although I did enjoy his Universal horrors documentary.    

thank you for the good report , i probably won't ever watch this movie now, it didn't look very good in the first place....

we need a new Frankenstein movie !! its been a long time since one came out !!

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

thank you for the good report , i probably won't ever watch this movie now, it didn't look very good in the first place....

The Frankenstein chronicles is a very clever take on the legend and Sean Bean is fantastic in the role it should be viewable on Netflix or cable.

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

I agree,but only if they use the Jack Pierce/Karloff look. None of these modern looks.

Only the most famous one.

On 6/12/2018 at 8:43 PM, tv horror said:

I agree with your review. When I watched this it was a snoozer. What a disappointment it was.

On 6/14/2018 at 1:46 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I agree,but only if they use the Jack Pierce/Karloff look. None of these modern looks.

Only the most famous one.

Aha! Here in lies the secret to a great Frankenstein movie, the Karloff look won't work because it has been lampooned too much. From adverts to comics then comedy movies on through, no it would only get laughs now. I remember as a child first seeing the Karloff monster in a clip on a cinema review programme in the early 60's, it frightened the life out of me. Why? Because it was the hall scene were you heard him coming stamp stamp the footsteps came nearer...Then suddenly the door burst open and there stood not the monsters face but the back of his head, then he slowly turns and for the first time we get to see this creature up close! I cannot describe the feeling of fear I had that evening but what I can tell you is it awoke a love for the monster and horror in general which still burns bright to this very moment. Karloff IS unique in this role and I don't believe he will ever be bettered or a more classic Frankenstein movie will ever be made it is a one of a kind. My Karloff Frankie. <3

hqdefault.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Edited by tv horror