• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 1000 variants
1 1

444 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

All a guess but if the 9.8 numbers are kept low (200 or less) then I think $500 is a good estimate if the book is a key in the making and so limited.  Are copies still for sale for $120?

looks sold out

43 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

All a guess but if the 9.8 numbers are kept low (200 or less) then I think $500 is a good estimate if the book is a key in the making and so limited.  Are copies still for sale for $120?

it all depends on what cgc decides to do with defect. wonder when and how we find that out

25 minutes ago, williamblood said:

it all depends on what cgc decides to do with defect. wonder when and how we find that out

My two copies moved to QA/QC today so hopefully we will see later today how strict they are with the old 9.8s.

17 minutes ago, hipywolf said:

good luck man

I hate this stage of the waiting.  I just can't help checking every half hour or so to see if it got shipped.  Obsessive!

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

$100 BIN, $110 BO.

Honestly I don't get the appeal of this book at all. When is the last time people cared this much about a book with Superman in it?

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

$100 BIN, $110 BO.

Honestly I don't get the appeal of this book at all. When is the last time people cared this much about a book with Superman in it?

Via E-Bay?  Most of those have the defect so I can see why they are going pretty cheap.  It's got a pretty cool cover and the 1000 issue number will definetely drive up the hype machine that brings in new customers (especially if the media gets ahold of it).

Edited by 1Cool

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Via E-Bay?  Most of those have the defect so I can see why they are going pretty cheap.  It's got a pretty cool cover and the 1000 issue number will definetely drive up the hype machine that brings in new customers (especially if the media gets ahold of it).

Yea, but there are about 50 variant covers. Same as Spider-Man #800. Which are both shy of the 100+ for Star Wars #1.

Just now, ygogolak said:

Yea, but there are about 50 variant covers. Same as Spider-Man #800. Which are both shy of the 100+ for Star Wars #1.

I don't know - people seemed to be buying so I bought a couple.  Variants suck.

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I don't know - people seemed to be buying so I bought a couple.  Variants suck.

True.

When the variants suck guy starts buying, that's when you know the market is going to crash!

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

My two copies moved to QA/QC today so hopefully we will see later today how strict they are with the old 9.8s.

You should give CGC a call and ask if grades are available.  If so, they'll give them right to you over the phone.  

Good Luck!!  Can't wait to hear what grades you get?!

21 minutes ago, Praxis52 said:

You should give CGC a call and ask if grades are available.  If so, they'll give them right to you over the phone.  

Good Luck!!  Can't wait to hear what grades you get?!

I called and they still have not been finalized.  Probably won’t ship or get entered into the system tomorrow.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

$100 BIN, $110 BO.

new villian makes his 1st app in this book and this is only cover that has him on it. its limited to 2500 and it art by jim lee, all of this makes this a long term hold

33 minutes ago, williamblood said:

new villian makes his 1st app in this book and this is only cover that has him on it. its limited to 2500 and it art by jim lee, all of this makes this a long term hold

DC has probably had half a dozen new villains in the past 6 months.

Jim Lee's best work these days is on his Twitch feed.

This guy isn't bad looking I guess.

XPZXM9Rm.jpg

But this is what he sketches on Twitch.

pccBsRMm.jpg

8 hours ago, hipywolf said:

looks like things have shaken out and the tour variant is settling around $100.  Still curious how these suckers are gonna get graded.  Shouldn't be too long before we see a few graded copies hit.   Crazy how many total copies of AC 1000 were printed, ~450K.   

Yes, I think after this deluge of Tour Variants, it will go up again.  It will be interesting to see if the Villian catches on once Man of Steel starts next week

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Just checked and both books got graded . . 9.8 Baby!  Show me the money!

WooHoo!!  Congrats!!

Did the ones you submit have the bottom left corner issue/"production defect"?