• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 1000 variants
1 1

444 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Praxis52 said:

WooHoo!!  Congrats!!

Did the ones you submit have the bottom left corner issue/"production defect"?

Nope.  Got them from a board member and it came over from France - not sure if that made any difference.

The books did come with a kind of warping that I see a lot in new books so I did a low heat press on both of them and got some good results.  Hope this helps if you guys decide to grade your copies.

30 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

The books did come with a kind of warping that I see a lot in new books so I did a low heat press on both of them and got some good results.  Hope this helps if you guys decide to grade your copies.

I just submitted the same book, but mine did have the "production" issue on the bottom left.  I'm hoping they are generous with their grading for me... :wishluck:

I think this books is listed as Variant on the census and there has been a 7.0 (SS copy) graded already which may mean CGC is seeing the damage as not being a printing defect but quite a few 9.8s and even a 9.9.  Not sure if the people with defects have been slow to get theirs graded so we will see once slabs start hitting the market.

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I think this books is listed as Variant on the census and there has been a 7.0 (SS copy) graded already which may mean CGC is seeing the damage as not being a printing defect but quite a few 9.8s and even a 9.9.  Not sure if the people with defects have been slow to get theirs graded so we will see once slabs start hitting the market.

Congrats!!!!

How can a new book be a 7.0?  Ouch

That squiggly line in the bottom corner is not just on the Jim Lee tour.. I've seen it on  a number  of the action 1000 covers.. 

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Wow - this is pretty exciting.  They just added the Jim Lee Variant in the census and my 2 9.8s are the only ones graded so far.  I don't think I've ever had a top census book before!

Oh boy, wait until you sell them. This is how you get hooked on variants, ha.

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Wow - this is pretty exciting.  They just added the Jim Lee Variant in the census and my 2 9.8s are the only ones graded so far.  I don't think I've ever had a top census book before!

What are you charging for it?  Hopefully the market for this bottoms out soon and starts rising again 

13 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

What are you charging for it?  Hopefully the market for this bottoms out soon and starts rising again 

Not sure but I may put one up for a $0.99 auction starting tonight and then put the other up with a $399 BIN with offers.

5 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Isn't your $399 BIN a bit low???:whistle:

The raw copies are down to around $80 so I'm thinking 5x sounds good for a 9.8.  Don't want to be greedy.

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

What happened to 399 :)?  Anyway great price!  Looking forward to seeing it sell!

I was told $399 was way too cheap from people who know moderns way better then me.  Heck - they offered to just buy it for $399 since it was a steal at that price.  I've gotten a couple offers and questions so we will see how the week goes.