• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Fires Longtime Manager Max "Mac Anderson" possible Embezzlement and abuse!
5 5

118 posts in this topic

A bit more than morbid. Federal crime, including the nurse that drew the blood. CDC will also have something to knock on the door about...if all this is true. It does not have a "feeling" of truth, to me, but these days who knows. If I owned a comic signed after the date of the alleged crime, I would not be holding on to it, and would turn it in to LEO. Not doing so is more morbid (and possibly a criminal act).

Sheesh, the things that people do or are accused of doing. Is there a discount pre-market sale list for the gentleman's bones or teeth or heart or brain, or. locks of hair....?

Good Lord.

I was disgusted last night when I saw all this go around on Instagram.  Just look at his face in the pictures from the article.  I understand that some people will continue to pay because they want an autograph or picture or want to "thank" Stan in some way.  But come on.  This has to stop.  I feel terrible for Stan.  Absolutely disgusting. 

1 hour ago, seredynskib said:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/08/concern-stan-lee-silicon-valley-comic-con/

This was a good read about Stan Lee’s first comic con appearance of 2018 this past weekend. I’m honestly disappointed that he is still attending comic cons and hope for his own health that he stops.

Sad to hear that Stan has gone from one vulture to another.  Max was "like a son", this Keya guy is a supposed 10 year "close friend and partner", and yet neither one has any issue with dragging a man in his mid-90s around like a cash machine.  I thought things would finally change when the former batch of groupies was shown the door and his daughter was supposedly finally stepping in, but with this SVCC story it seems that she is just as culpable in this whole mess.

While I'm not a great fan of Stan because of his not standing up for his employees rights, I do feel that there are scum who leech onto frail or vulnerable celebrities and use them for monetary value. Unfortunately I don't see this stopping until he has died then they will move on until their next victim, where are the authorities?  

2 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I was disgusted last night when I saw all this go around on Instagram.  Just look at his face in the pictures from the article.  I understand that some people will continue to pay because they want an autograph or picture or want to "thank" Stan in some way.  But come on.  This has to stop.  I feel terrible for Stan.  Absolutely disgusting. 

Agree 100%. It's just morbid at this point. Let the man rest. I'm not even a big "Stan Lee guy" (I was always Team Kirby) and I have no desire to own an autograph, but even to someone who doesn't have a dog in the race, it's clear that this needs to stop, ASAP.

8 hours ago, seredynskib said:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/08/concern-stan-lee-silicon-valley-comic-con/

This was a good read about Stan Lee’s first comic con appearance of 2018 this past weekend. I’m honestly disappointed that he is still attending comic cons and hope for his own health that he stops.

Very sad. Sounds like the fans care more about him than his handler closefriendandpartner.

I heard a lot of the fans who got photos were demanding refunds from the con after seeing how gaunt and out of it Stan looked in the pics.

This breaks my heart to see this happening.  Stan Lee has contributed so much to the comic and entertainment industry over so many decades.    He is being paraded around like a cash cow and is obviously not doing well, its not right.   Not sure where the responsibility lies here, but this man is not being treated with the respect he deserves.

11 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Ok.  This has gone to 'disturbing' level.  Stan is not doing ok.   Look at those pictures.  He looks terrible.  This is borderline and possibly elder abuse, handlers opinions be damned.  Why pay for a photo op of that?!  It's almost borderline psychotic thinking that paying for a photo with a 95 year old man, who is 1/2 awake, is a good idea.   If they can't figure out a better comfort level, and better routine for this frail 95 year old legend, then shut it down.  The man owes no hobbyist anything at this stage.   I will never drop money into any Stan Lee event again, even if it were 1 mile from my house.  I am OUT.  Retire Stan....EXCELSIOR!

Something keeps nagging at me -- what is his daughter doing setting up her own booth at this event?  If she's (apparently) so concerned for Stan's well being, why isn't SHE by his side 24/7 rather than a few hired goons?  And then there's this:  "Unable to reach her father at the show last night or this morning, and on the advice of her lawyer, she told me she had decided to leave the show early this morning and head home."  So...why did the lawyer say "go home", and why did she agree? 

This is some messed up chit. 

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Something keeps nagging at me -- what is his daughter doing setting up her own booth at this event? 

From what I can tell, in the little I have read, she seems like a ditz.   The difference between Stan in 2016 and Stan 2018 is glaring.  He just doesn't seem himself from the video footage, and pictures in the Bleeding Cool Link.   He looks, disoriented, disinterested, and exhausted. 

43 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Of any and all threads on this site, this situation should be the most read / viewed / reacted / shared / investigated.

It's barely on the front page of CBR

https://www.cbr.com/stan-lee-daughter-elder-abuse/

Exacly! This no longer Stan Lee, "Stan The Man Lee" is gone, now there's just a man who used to be him - so sad.

Seriously, this needs to stop.

Someone - ANYONE - here who has any connection to Stan or his daughter MUST act. This is elderly abuse!

Is the d-bag in the fedora working Stan to death Keya Morgan? Apparently he has an affinity for dead celebrities (Michael Jackson, Marylin Monroe, Joe DiMaggio, Abe Lincoln etc.) and owns massive amounts of their personal property which he collects.