• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Fires Longtime Manager Max "Mac Anderson" possible Embezzlement and abuse!
5 5

118 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

Here is the reported video that was delivered to TMZ:

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_t2r3ichz

Thanks! Imo, there has to be some truth to it, I don't think that he could memorize all those lines verbatim etc, nor could he see to read that. It is obvious that he is in control of some faculties, which I believe are enough to CHOOSE, whether or not to say those things; everything else is hearsay

watched the video. Stan was certainly awake for this!  It doesn't prove he isn't under the control of others, just that at this time he feels he is in support of what they are doing, and more importantly, what they are telling (selling?) him about what they are doing.  Bottom line for me is that he chooses to take the side of his daughters people now because its feels far better than to cut her off and be left alone...

However one hopeful note is that when he hires these top lawyers, that Stan will get a chance to hear what THEY think about his current advisors.  I think we ALL agree that elder abuse or not going on,  that a man in his position SHOULD benefit from expert and capable counsel from professionals whose only vice would be the $975 an hour they will charge him!  Better to be robbed by invoice than subterfuge, criminality and abuse of trust..

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Stan released a statement today:  https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-a-new-video-stan-lee-threatens-to-sue-anyone-report-1825212978

Sounds like it was coached by a certain party and is suspiciously lacking in any type of details.

Sounds like the fedora-wearing collector of dead-celebrities' personal property is getting angry.

" I’m going to get the best and most expensive lawyers I can ".... I bet you will KM

56 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
   6 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

Here is the reported video that was delivered to TMZ:

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_t2r3ichz

Thanks! Imo, there has to be some truth to it, I don't think that he could memorize all those lines verbatim etc, nor could he see to read that. It is obvious that he is in control of some faculties, which I believe are enough to CHOOSE, whether or not to say those things; everything else is hearsay

Point is, nobody knows WHAT Stan has been told by the fedora-wearing collector of dead-celebrities' personal property to get him so mad and riled up.

I believe Stan is doing what he wants to do, to some degree, which is interact with fans. 

Everything else, all the other alleged/reported chaos, who *really* knows what the heck is up.  However, "Fedora Boy" and others around him, if they really cared about him, should have "stepped in" at that last con...the video is damning...Sometimes, even if Stan wanted to be there, sometimes you need to save people from themselves.

There is a lot of news and/or rumors swirling around. Where there is smoke, there is often fire.  His handlers surely did nothing to dissuade those rumors based on those videos ("Stan Lee", "Stan Lee", "Stan Lee").  Surely they must have recognized the man was not doing well and should have minimally STOPPED and let the guy rest.  

"Hey Stan, you are slowing down. How about we take a rest for a bit"?

Would it have "pissed off" some of the waiting "fans"? Maybe.  However, the reality is they would have waited regardless. And even if you lost a few hundred sigs or photos or whatever, they still made damn good bank most likely.

That video, to me, really makes me wonder how those people behave "behind closed doors".

It seems like Stan was better off under Max's management.  Even if he were taking more than his fair share of money, it seems like there was a bit more dignity in the way Stan was treated and how he's so quickly declined since the absence of Max.  Many doctors, lawyers, agents, managers, etc. take big cuts from their clients/patients, so it seems Max was earning his keep, he should have, if he did what he's accused of, just been honest about his fees and there was enough money to go around without being sneaky or criminal. 

the video where the one guy is getting TWO Captain America shields signed makes me sick. Two of them? who needs two of those? I find that item pretty obnoxious as far as a signature item. The dude in the fedora creeps me out. No one is smiling. Barking out STAN LEE over and over is just annoying, especially when he spells it out. Those pics with the fans--- come on -- that is really too far.

I get that people are wanting these autographs and meeting Stan (so to speak) but the whole thing looks really bad to me.

My only hope is that Stan is happy doing this somehow. I get the whole not wanting to sit around the house. But this scene seemed VERY LOUD and hardly comfortable. If they are going to continue-- they need to change how they are doing this. Better yet-- stop and just have Stan sit on a panel for an hour or so, well rested and ready to talk with a large group of fans surrounded by other friends from the industry.

Class it up. Send the guy out with some style, not grinding away like signature machine.

4 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

the video where the one guy is getting TWO Captain America shields signed makes me sick. Two of them? who needs two of those? I find that item pretty obnoxious as far as a signature item. The dude in the fedora creeps me out. No one is smiling. Barking out STAN LEE over and over is just annoying, especially when he spells it out. Those pics with the fans--- come on -- that is really too far.

I get that people are wanting these autographs and meeting Stan (so to speak) but the whole thing looks really bad to me.

My only hope is that Stan is happy doing this somehow. I get the whole not wanting to sit around the house. But this scene seemed VERY LOUD and hardly comfortable. If they are going to continue-- they need to change how they are doing this. Better yet-- stop and just have Stan sit on a panel for an hour or so, well rested and ready to talk with a large group of fans surrounded by other friends from the industry.

Class it up. Send the guy out with some style, not grinding away like signature machine.

^^

4/13: Stan Lee sues Jerry Olivarez

https://www.forbes.com/sites/legalentertainment/2018/04/13/stan-lee-files-lawsuit-against-former-business-manager/amp/

4/24: Stan Lee is sued and accused of sexual misconduct 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-stan-lee-lawsuit-20180423-story,amp.html

Is it just me or is this an obvious smear campaign by Jerry Olivarez to take the focus off of him? Seems like he orchestrated a counter-sue likely using bribery to get this masseuse to sue. The timing of this and the sexual misconduct story just don’t seem believable to me.

Edited by seredynskib

EXCLUSIVE: Police swarm Stan Lee's Hollywood Hills home after 911 call reporting two suspected gunman confronted the Marvel creator 'demanding money' owed to them by Lee

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5795257/Police-swarm-Stan-Lees-5-million-Hollywood-Hills-home-detain-two-suspected-gunmen.html#ixzz5HCjMSLy8

On 6/1/2018 at 3:39 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

EXCLUSIVE: Police swarm Stan Lee's Hollywood Hills home after 911 call reporting two suspected gunman confronted the Marvel creator 'demanding money' owed to them by Lee

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5795257/Police-swarm-Stan-Lees-5-million-Hollywood-Hills-home-detain-two-suspected-gunmen.html#ixzz5HCjMSLy8

Stan Lee's Business Manager Arrested on Suspicion of Filing False Police Report

The man Stan Lee recently said is the only person who represents him in any of his affairs was arrested Monday on suspicion of filing a false police report, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/stan-lee-business-manager-arrested-suspicion-filing-false-police-report-1119308

Stan Lee Claims Elder Abuse, Seeks Restraining Order Against Biz Manager As LAPD Investigates

After expressing nothing but support for Keya Morgan as recently as last week, Stan Lee is now taking his embattled business manager to court with claims of elder abuse.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/stan-lee-restraining-order-elder-abuse-claims-business-manager-marvel-1202409929/

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Stan Lee's Business Manager Arrested on Suspicion of Filing False Police Report

The man Stan Lee recently said is the only person who represents him in any of his affairs was arrested Monday on suspicion of filing a false police report, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/stan-lee-business-manager-arrested-suspicion-filing-false-police-report-1119308

They'll be back. They'll all be back. All of the vultures. Once they've been drinking from the well, they'll want more, and there's no place else to go, unless they can find and con another 95 year old multi-millionaire. You can shue those pesky vultures away. You can fire a few warning shots in the air to scare them away. Even get a few pitbulls to chase them away, it doesn't matter. As long as they're not dead or in jail, once they drink from that well.. they'll be back to either try for more. The carrion see a victim, sense weakness, and they're not going anywhere anytime soon. They'll be back.