• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, VintageComics said:
45 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Of course you'll disagree; you were caught doing the very thing...the very thing...you complain so vociferously about others doing. You called someone "delusional" and said they should "seek help", and then tried to whitewash it to not make it sound as bad as it is. Comments for which other people get punishment from moderation.

Calling someone delusional is not an insult if it's true and so there's nothing to whitewash.

You seem to see the world in terms of winning and losing. I just see it as an effort to improve on a spectrum.

He's delusional because he's getting tripped up in his own discussion points but won't admit it. It's not rocket science when you read his posts and you don't need a vendetta against someone to disagree with them.

45 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And...I'm not quite sure how you "forget" you have someone on ignore. You have to make a conscious effort to see that someone's posts. No matter, let's hope you abide by your public proclamation going forward.

Because I don't currently have anyone on ignore using the forum software. I only had one person on ignore with the old software and I don't think that transferred over here (but then I can't see them so I wouldn't know if they posted or not).

As far as ignoring you, I generally read your some of your posts as they are informative but won't respond on debates because they seem to go nowhere. It was just a mental fart and I responded.

Blame it on a good Saturday night.

If you lack the discipline to actually ignore someone, after making a public proclamation that you're doing so, then you're really proving the point. Don't get angry with me; the man you want is in that mirror over there. If you can't interact with people without making condescending personal comments about them...like "you seem to see the world in terms of winning and losing"...well, I'm not even sure you're aware you do it. Will you consider what I have to say, or will you do what you condemn in others, and dismiss it out of hand, because you consider me "beneath you"...?

Time will tell...

"Calling someone delusional is not an insult if it's true"...

:roflmao:

Nobody on this board is qualified to call anybody else on this board "delusional." What one may think...and what one may say in private to friends...is entirely different from public proclamations.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

27 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I spurted my drink out when I read this.

Physician, heal thyself. With flowers. :foryou:

Yes, as I said before, you practice the very thing you condemn so very, very loudly in others. You condemn others as "delusional", despite having absolutely no qualification to do so, and when someone suggests you reflect, instead of saying "you know, that's good advice. Thank you", you mock.

Weren't you condemning others for being incapable of admitting they're wrong....? Do you acknowledge real faults...? 

hm

Here, I'll go first: I'm a thin-skinned, defensive, insecure know-it-all who is quick to condemn and slow to forgive.

Your turn.

16 minutes ago, wombat said:

Phils finally finish off a game against the Mets. 

Let's put this into perspective... 

Philadelphia beat a team that couldn't get the batting order right earlier this week...  At this rate, a Division I college team should be able to beat the Amazin's. 

5871732148_a3538e7493.jpg

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Philadelphia beat a team that couldn't get the batting order right earlier this week...  At this rate, a Division I college team should be able to beat the Amazin's. 

Hey, it's the Phils. Every win is a good win. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Awwww...that stings, and I'm not even from NY!

I got a chance to shoot the exact machine gun used in the Wild Bunch today. There were actually a couple of them, from the movie as they heat up real fast. Sadly, it's a prop gun and only shoots blanks but it was still fun. Those guns are really heavy, not very portable.  I'd hoped for a chance at a Gatling gun but they had a very limited amount of ammo for it.

I was told they expect all the heavy machine guns to sell for several thousand dollars each. I think that's nuts for prop guns that can only fire blanks but I suspect the people who buy them probably think I'm just for dropping that on a comic book.

27 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

If you lack the discipline to actually ignore someone, after making a public proclamation that you're doing so, then you're really proving the point. Don't get angry with me; the man you want is in that mirror over there. If you can't interact with people without making condescending personal comments about them...like "you seem to see the world in terms of winning and losing"...well, I'm not even sure you're aware you do it. Will you consider what I have to say, or will you do what you condemn in others, and dismiss it out of hand, because you consider me "beneath you"...?

Time will tell...

"Calling someone delusional is not an insult if it's true"...

:roflmao:

Nobody on this board is qualified to call anybody else on this board "delusional." What one may think...and what one may say in private to friends...is entirely different from public proclamations.

Discipline? This isn't a military exercise. I brain farted. Relax, Francis.

You seem to see everything I say as 'condescending' and yet fail to see how condescending you are to everyone. There was no condescension in what I said. It's my perception of how you reply.

"beneath you"? Don't know how you concluded that but you too might be delusional. lol

Why would you think I am angry? I have nothing to be angry about. I'm just replying out of courtesy.

23 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yes, as I said before, you practice the very thing you condemn so very, very loudly in others. You condemn others as "delusional", despite having absolutely no qualification to do so, and when someone suggests you reflect, instead of saying "you know, that's good advice. Thank you", you mock.

When someone contradicts an actual truth and believes they are not, even after multiple attempts at correcting them, they are delusional. The only qualification I need is reading comprehension.

25 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Do you acknowledge real faults...? 

Sure, but you and I talking about each other is completely unrelated to the topic of this thread.

Have fun. I'm going to drop it as it's just going to go in circles.

7 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Discipline? This isn't a military exercise. I brain farted. Relax, Francis.

You seem to see everything I say as 'condescending' and yet fail to see how condescending you are to everyone. There was no condescension in what I said. It's my perception of how you reply.

"beneath you"? Don't know how you concluded that but you too might be delusional. lol

Why would you think I am angry? I have nothing to be angry about. I'm just replying out of courtesy.

When someone contradicts an actual truth and believes they are not, even after multiple attempts at correcting them, they are delusional. The only qualification I need is reading comprehension.

Sure, but you and I talking about each other is completely unrelated to the topic of this thread.

Have fun. I'm going to drop it as it's just going to go in circles.

Evasive, non-committal, dismissive, and unwilling to acknowledge when others have a point, as expected. I don't think you are angry, and never said that. If you're going to list "reading comprehension" as a qualification for determining something as serious as whether or not someone is delusional, you should hold yourself to the same standard. You chose to initiate this conversation, so the one replying out of courtesy is me. "There is no condescension in what I said." - so, is this where I say you're delusional if you believe that? I'm not calling you delusional, mind, just applying your standards.

Etc, etc, etc. 

Here is a quote that is absolute brilliance, and is never, ever acknowledged by those to whom it applies:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be “cured” against one’s will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals."

- C. S. Lewis

6 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Evasive, non-committal, dismissive, and unwilling to acknowledge when others have a point, as expected. I don't think you are angry, and never said that. If you're going to list "reading comprehension" as a qualification for determining something as serious as whether or not someone is delusional, you should hold yourself to the same standard. You chose to initiate this conversation, so the one replying out of courtesy is me. "There is no condescension in what I said." - so, is this where I say you're delusional if you believe that? I'm not calling you delusional, mind, just applying your standards.

Etc, etc, etc. 

Here is a quote that is absolute brilliance, and is never, ever acknowledged by those to whom it applies:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be “cured” against one’s will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals."

- C. S. Lewis

The irony is that EVERYTHING you say about others, MANY think you are guilty of yourself.

Now I'm really out.

Just now, shadroch said:

If you could pick one property in Monopoly, which one would it be?

Property or set of properties?

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

If you could pick one property in Monopoly, which one would it be?

Illinois Avenue ... some say that it is the single most landed on property and the red color group makes it even more profitable if all three are owned. 

4 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

The irony is that EVERYTHING you say about others, MANY think you are guilty of yourself.

Now I'm really out.

Observations:

1. When one is unwilling to face the reality of who and what they are, they will almost certainly, and without fail, attempt to deflect that reality back on the one doing the exposition. "Yeah, well...well....I know you are, but what am I??" That's not irony; it's just petulance. It's not a rational, measured response; it's a schoolyard taunt.

2.:

That goes for everyone, myself included. 

I am not immune to these things. As I stated above, I have very real flaws, just like everyone else. And despite the lies of fools, I have never tried to pretend otherwise.

So, I would imagine the difference, the delineation if you will, is who is willing to acknowledge it...and who is not.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Illinois Avenue ... some say that it is the single most landed on property and the red color group makes it even more profitable if all three are owned. 

I've always done well with Marvin Gardens. Not too expensive...but it adds up.

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I've always done well with Marvin Gardens. Not too expensive...but it adds up.

Interesting... some report that the yellow color group is as equally landed on as the reds... then there are other reports saying that oranges and reds are the most desirable as that corner is a hotbed and the house building fees are cheap. 

I know people who win handily just buying and developing the cheapest side of the board, since no one else "wants it", and dismisses it as the cheap junk...and before you know it, you're stripped of your cash right after you pass "Go."

I know I have mentioned her on the boards before but I know someone that is pretty much delusional.  

She can be found pushing her dog around town in a baby carriage, she lives alone but made sure to buy a place so the dog can have a room and it's own walk in clothes.  She dresses the dog up each day.  She had a doggie wedding, complete with caterers and married her dog to her friend's dog.   She used to sit outside a former coworker's of ours home when she was in her 20's.  She and her mom made a list of available guys that she knew and they rated them as potential marriage material then told us all about it announcing who the lucky winners were.  She has over 1,500 "friends" on facebook and apparently monitors them.  When my friend deleted her she showed up at her house and called non stop to ask why.  (I have her on mute as I am genuinely unnerved by that.)

I got more... but the 'more' gets scary. 

She is delusional in that she thinks her behavior is acceptable and normal to others.   Have fun with this. 

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I know people who win handily just buying and developing the cheapest side of the board, since no one else "wants it", and dismisses it as the cheap junk...and before you know it, you're stripped of your cash right after you pass "Go."

The idea is to buy all the houses.  Houses are limited to 32.  Since you cannot bypass houses and straight up buy hotels you can control the board if you simply buy up all of the houses. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The idea is to buy all the houses.  Houses are limited to 32.  Since you cannot bypass houses and straight up buy hotels you can control the board if you simply buy up all of the houses. 

Ha! We always ignored that limit and used lincoln logs and other blocks as additional houses.