• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I had a malware attack.

The site's been cleaned and cleared by Google.

You might need to clean your cache or cookies to see it now as that might be an old cookie showing you that warning.

Thanks for the PM. :wink:

Sorry - Haven't been to the site in years and clicked the link in your sig this morning. I cleared my cache and cookies, wiped everything this morning and just did it again - the warning just came again up so it might be a new attack. I would look further into it to be safe Roy.

Edited by BeachBum

3 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

Sorry - Haven't been to the site in years and clicked the link in your sig this morning. I cleared my cache and cookies, wiped everything this morning and just did it again - the warning just came again up so it might be a new attack. I would look further into it to be safe Roy.

OK, I'm not getting the warning so I don't know what is up. I'll look into it.

29 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

If someone is tripping over their own feet and they don't realize it and you point it out it's not a personal attack.

1. You stated, very publicly, that you were "putting me on ignore." If you didn't mean it, you might want to retract it just as publicly. If you did mean it, I'd suggest actually doing it.

2. Calling someone "delusional" and saying they should "seek help" is not remotely "pointing out someone is tripping over their own feet." No one is in any position to be making psychological diagnoses about anyone else on a message board. 

3. The phrase was "personal attacks AND COMMENTARY." 

11 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

1. You stated, very publicly, that you were "putting me on ignore." If you didn't mean it, you might want to retract it just as publicly. If you did mean it, I'd suggest actually doing it.

2. Calling someone "delusional" and saying they should "seek help" is not remotely "pointing out someone is tripping over their own feet." No one is in any position to be making psychological diagnoses about anyone else on a message board. 

3. The phrase was "personal attacks AND COMMENTARY." 

I actually forgot I said that I had you on ignore when I typed my post.

I'll disagree with you on the rest.

Sorry about the memory lapse. :foryou:

2 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Comic collectors like to beat dead horses for some reason. Someone just has to say i'm not going to argue this useless point anymore and don't need to get the last word in.

Getting the last word is the whole point of these threads. Otherwise, we descend into anarchy and end up discussing stuff like what if Bruce Banner had found Thor's hammer, 

or if Storm or The White Queen makes a better Halloween costume. 

We get the worse offenders all slugging it out in one thread and relative peace breaks out throughout the rest of the forum. 

Edited by shadroch

I have  read the the complaint/lawsuit and done a little research and  this is my opinion:

1-There could have  been a private agreement  as to the possible purchase or option to purchase by Meto or  for a % of the  "other" company.

2-Vol instead  could have done a end-around of this agreement and sold out to Beckett for supposedly for  funding expansion with more employee's and bigger facilities as professional grading has increased in demand.

3-The other guy was buried by too many other submissions to grade and needed a big brother to help grow, Metro would of been more of a sideline investor, and they were finding it difficult to perform on the Meto agreement while other higher paying submissions were in line.

4- Interesting decision to try to keep them in Florida and prevent them from being able to expand to Texas, if the deal is declared illegal the next move would be a merger with CGC or buyout from a major auction house to create a in house grading company to reduce the auction house costs.

5- The "other" guy cannot go it alone in the current business environment.

Edited by Mmehdy

4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I only get the warning in Chrome. In Firefox or Internet Explorer it goes to the site normally 2c

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I only get the warning in Chrome. In Firefox or Internet Explorer it goes to the site normally 2c

OK, thanks.

3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I actually forgot I said that I had you on ignore when I typed my post.

I'll disagree with you on the rest.

Sorry about the memory lapse. :foryou:

Of course you'll disagree; you were caught doing the very thing...the very thing...you complain so vociferously about others doing. You called someone "delusional" and said they should "seek help", and then tried to whitewash it to not make it sound as bad as it is. Comments for which other people get punishment from moderation.

I'm not defending your target. I'm simply saying that making unwelcome and negative personal commentary about others is inappropriate, no matter who does it, and has no place in any civil society. My post wasn't aimed at you, didn't mention you by name, and is applicable to a whole swath of people all over this board. And yet...who replied to that post?

And...I'm not quite sure how you "forget" you have someone on ignore. You have to make a conscious effort to see that someone's posts. No matter, let's hope you abide by your public proclamation going forward.

Time for a serious self-reflection overhaul. I highly recommend sticking to the topics, rather than the people discussing them. 

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Of course you'll disagree; you were caught doing the very thing...the very thing...you complain so vociferously about others doing. You called someone "delusional" and said they should "seek help", and then tried to whitewash it to not make it sound as bad as it is. Comments for which other people get punishment from moderation.

Calling someone delusional is not an insult if it's true and so there's nothing to whitewash.

You seem to see the world in terms of winning and losing. I just see it as an effort to improve on a spectrum.

He's delusional because he's getting tripped up in his own discussion points but won't admit it. It's not rocket science when you read his posts and you don't need a vendetta against someone to disagree with them.

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And...I'm not quite sure how you "forget" you have someone on ignore. You have to make a conscious effort to see that someone's posts. No matter, let's hope you abide by your public proclamation going forward.

Because I don't currently have anyone on ignore using the forum software. I only had one person on ignore with the old software and I don't think that transferred over here (but then I can't see them so I wouldn't know if they posted or not).

As far as ignoring you, I generally read your some of your posts as they are informative but won't respond on debates because they seem to go nowhere. It was just a mental fart and I responded.

Blame it on a good Saturday night.

7 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Time for a serious self-reflection overhaul

I spurted my drink out when I read this.

Physician, heal thyself. With flowers. :foryou:

5 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I'm not sure what all this has to do with the topic of this thread.

As much as the Yankees... 

BTW... 6-2 over Oakland today... woohoo !!!