• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

It's possible, but it's also likely that Metro's attorney preferred being in state court rather than federal.   So it's not necessarily true that it's less than 75,000.  

Which is why I ended it, "But, who knows."  Personally, for a fraudulent transfer claim as this one, I would want a federal judge figuring it out, not a Florida state judge.  

Just now, zosocane said:

Which is why I ended it, "But, who knows."  Personally, for a fraudulent transfer claim as this one, I would want a federal judge figuring it out, not a Florida state judge.  

Looking at the two parties involved in the sale, I don't see any pattern of fraudulent transfers. In my opinion, honest people generally don't suddenly turn rogue. If people no longer trust Steve B, how do they justify trusting anything he did while at CGC?

9 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Looking at the two parties involved in the sale, I don't see any pattern of fraudulent transfers. In my opinion, honest people generally don't suddenly turn rogue. If people no longer trust Steve B, how do they justify trusting anything he did while at CGC?

Florida law fraudulent transfer theory is different from civil fraud.  Don't give any importance to the word "fraudulent."  Think of it more as "impermissible transfer."   The concept is that when Company A owes Company B money, to the extent Company A transfers its assets to Company C to frustrate Company B from collecting from Company A, a judge can grant relief to Company B under a fraudulent transfer theory.  But it's more complex than that and depends on facts/circumstances. 

Read what seanfingh posted above, he explains it perfectly.

Edited by zosocane

54 minutes ago, namisgr said:

What makes you conclude it's fear and not the desire to give away free advertising?

Because its an amateur business notion to think your giving away free advertising.  There is no evidence it does anything to offer any kind of positive advertisement.  Politicians who refuse to acknowledge their opponents names are often ridiculed.  It's basically amateur hour.   In the end, be better than your opponent and it doesn't matter if you say their name... the superiority of your product keeps your customers.   THAT is how to do business.

9 minutes ago, Drbearsec said:

Because its an amateur business notion to think your giving away free advertising.  There is no evidence it does anything to offer any kind of positive advertisement.  Politicians who refuse to acknowledge their opponents names are often ridiculed.  It's basically amateur hour.   In the end, be better than your opponent and it doesn't matter if you say their name... the superiority of your product keeps your customers.   THAT is how to do business.

I just looked into the mirror and said C$B$C$S five times and the boogie man did not get me.

4 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

You never miss an opportunity to bury a hatchet right in someone's neck when it suits you. It's probably your most defining characteristic.

Bingo! 

My "most insufferable know-it-all boardie" bingo card is finally complete. :banana:

I knew you wouldn't let me down Vintage. :) 

-J.

3 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

So does anyone here have an account with Voldy to see what they are saying over there? I had one but was banned. Maybe this was already mentioned but there's too much to read thru at this point.

They had a thread. It has been locked. 

On 5/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Yes, yes I know.  You're another one of those "all knowing comic gurus" that are never wrong about anything and should never be questioned.  Whatever gets you through the night, bud.  (thumbsu

And I will leave you with a reiteration of this comment:

This is referred to as an "asset sale" for a reason, just as it is not referred to as simply a "sale of assets" in your imaginary scenario for a reason.  "Asset sales" happen when an individual or a company go BANKRUPT.  Which is quite clearly what this article explains:

https://www.inforuptcy.com/articles/363-bankruptcy-asset-sales-overview

You obviously have bought more Voldy slabs than prudence or common sense should have dictated.  Sorry to hear that.  But a duck is still a duck.  

-J.

Jaydog, this below is what it sounds like when people actually KNOW what they are talking about....take note:

On 5/10/2018 at 2:34 PM, jaybuck43 said:
On 5/10/2018 at 2:29 PM, shadroch said:

If CBGS or any other company were in bankruptcy proceedings, wouldn't there be a public record? If bankrupt, wouldn't there be an asset auction, open to the public?

Has jb ever produced any evidence for his bizarre attacks on the company?

Yes, there is no way to keep a bankruptcy filing private.  

:foryou:

22 hours ago, joeypost said:

I am sure Voldy having their own in house service has had something to do with it, but the regulars I have that switched over to Voldy when they opened, have for the most part gone back to CGC. When  I ask "Why the change ?" has to do with prices realized as the reason.

Based off the current grading trend of moderns, it may be worthwhile to switch over. On average a -10% on a 9.8 graded by Voldy is still more than a 9.6 by CGC :foryou:

Just now, VintageComics said:

Jaydog, this below is what it sounds like when people actually KNOW what they are talking about....take note:

https://business-finance-restructuring.weil.com/professionals/can-you-keep-a-secret-can-the-bankruptcy-court-bankruptcy-courts-must-adequately-demonstrate-the-basis-for-sealing-proceedings-from-the-public-media/

-J.

On 5/10/2018 at 2:59 PM, jaybuck43 said:
On 5/10/2018 at 2:51 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Anyone want to tell this uhh individual who obviously has no idea what's going on, what I do for a living?

Individual documents in a bankruptcy action can be sealed, sure.  I didn't say that.  I said that the fact that a company is filing for bankruptcy protection (or moving into liquidation) CANNOT.  Your googled link does not disprove it, and hilariously even weakens your argument because that specific case sent back and UNSEALED the hearing because the court felt the public should have had the opportunity to challenge the sealing of the estimation hearing, and asked the court to consider any reasonable alternative to NOT seal it...

Jaydog, you're doing it wrong.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:04 PM, Jaydogrules said:
On 5/10/2018 at 2:59 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Anyone want to tell this uhh individual who obviously has no idea what's going on, what I do for a living?

Individual documents in a bankruptcy action can be sealed, sure.  I didn't say that.  I said that the fact that a company is filing for bankruptcy protection (or moving into liquidation) CANNOT.  Your googled link does not disprove it, and hilariously even weakens your argument because that specific case sent back and UNSEALED the hearing because the court felt the public should have had the opportunity to challenge the sealing of the estimation hearing, and asked the court to consider any reasonable alternative to NOT seal the it...

Oh okay so then people should just believe what "you" say rather than an unbiased business article that is completely on point. 

And I know you're probably heavily invested in trashy Voldy slabs as well but really is it any surprise to anyone that the company went bankrupt and got liquidated in an asset sale ?

I mean seriously, outrageous turn times, virtually no presence at cons, slabs that routinely sell for a significant discount to comparably graded CGC slabs, and a market share that struggled to get just beyond infinitesimal would certainly lead one to believe that bankruptcy was the inevitability.  

Which is why I never went bargain hunting to buy any of them.   

You're still doing it wrong, Jaydog.

You've turned a debate about the law into an ad hominem attack.

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

Jaydog, you're doing it wrong.

I've already responded to jaybuck's opinions on the matter and refuted where appropriate.  

Maybe try formulating some of your own opinions and actually backing them up with something more than "because I say so".

But oh wait, you dont do that.  :foryou:

-J.