• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your beater Holy Grail !

672 posts in this topic

I already posted this in the Cigar thread, but I'm thrilled to have this one. I have already looked into getting it restored though.

scan00045kk.jpg

Complete?

In another thread he said the centerfold is missing

Yep. sorry.gif

But still great to own! yay.gif

I just purchased my beater Holy Grail and it should arrive by the end of the week.

Anyone got:

Fungus infected Marvel Mystery #8? Rat Chewed All-Star 3? Bubble Gum covered Batman #1?

This was my beater copy for a short while, with am. color touch on the front cover. Doiby owns this one now too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif He seems to be cornering the market on low grade classic GA covers!

weirdsci.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

One of the greatest covers EVER:

forbiddenlove1.jpg

How much? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know. Its slabbed now, and came as a 2.0 blue label, so thats where to start. I think the book is undervalued, so probably ONE MILLION DOLLARS. But I'd trade it for some Fiction House bondage covers. Or the elusive True Life Secrets 12....

This was my beater copy for a short while, with am. color touch on the front cover. Doiby owns this one now too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif He seems to be cornering the market on low grade classic GA covers!

weirdsci.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

acclaim.gif

One of the greatest covers EVER:

forbiddenlove1.jpg

How much? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know. Its slabbed now, and came as a 2.0 blue label, so thats where to start. I think the book is undervalued, so probably ONE MILLION DOLLARS. But I'd trade it for some Fiction House bondage covers. Or the elusive True Life Secrets 12....

I don't have any of those books to trade,unfortunately. I do have some beat up Super Ducks though... tonofbricks.gif

I might have seen a copy of "Forbidden Love" at Basement Comics' (Al Stoltz) booth a few weeks ago.

That book comes up on eBay from time to time. I bet I have seen almost half a dozen copies in the last year or so. It comes up in my searches for Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love.

Ok, at first glance its actually not too bad right? Well its a FRONT COVER ONLY!!! I picked it up on ebay for like $50. A few months later i picked up a coverless but otherwise complete Action 23 ($90) and married the 2. Now i have a front cover, complete interior, and no back cover.

Was it cheap?? You betcha...

Was it worth it?? Yup.

tn_action23.gif

853050-ACTION23.JPG.39616de9dda94516af6790c5659c7efc.JPG

My beater Holy Grail arrived today. I've been looking to have a copy of this book in low grade for about ten years now and I'm thrilled to find this one. I had an opportunity to buy one in similar condition about 8 months ago, shuffled my feet, and missed out on it. I kicked myself and realized that when something comes along that you want, sometimes you just have to jump in... don't think too much.

This copy is complete with no pieces missing, but has a complete spine split... the front and back cover are separate pieces. Not a problem for me... I wouldn't be able to afford a VG copy of this book anyway.

The reason I've always been interested in this book is how the main villian is repurposed from his look and purpose in his early appearances and is now a pre-code horror spook who no longer wears Nazi uniforms.

What is it? Look below.....

853057-capt_74_1.jpg

853057-capt_74_1.jpg.3f537154a57221133879a7e8efd739a9.jpg

What a great thread, Paul! I feel right at home here! 27_laughing.gif

action18.jpg

One of the worst books in my GA collection (and it has a lot of competition!), missing a couple pages and the back cover...but definitely one of my favorites. It has that "early GA mojo" in spades. I would have a hard time ever letting it go. cloud9.gif