• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay's latest stupidity
3 3

199 posts in this topic

so now, when i check on listings i have been watching that just ended earlier today or yesterday, instead of letting me see the completed page, ebay tells me the listing is no longer available and tries to show me something else they think i'd like. WTF!?!? how freaking idiotic is this? on what planet is this useful to anyone?

just when i thought ebay couldnt get any worse. jeez...

12 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

so now, when i check on listings i have been watching that just ended earlier today or yesterday, instead of letting me see the completed page, ebay tells me the listing is no longer available and tries to show me something else they think i'd like. WTF!?!? how freaking idiotic is this? on what planet is this useful to anyone?

just when i thought ebay couldnt get any worse. jeez...

I just noticed that today wtf

12 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Click on My eBay. Look at menu on left side and click on Recently Viewed. 2 clicks get you what you are looking for.

Except "recently viewed" doesn't show me sold listings that I'm currently looking up.... Also I just got feedback from a purchase from a while ago, I saw the feedback and tried to look at the item to see which it was, still told me "this item is sold, here is something similar". A lot more than 2 clicks to then go to recently viewed....

Plus in the case of the "sold" listing I am no longer on the "sold" listing of the book I'm curious of, if I have to go to recently viewed....

And Why would "Recently Viewed" even Make Sense? I didn't "recently view it"!!! I tried, but it didn't show me lol so (shrug) 

34 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

yeah this is incorrect. we are no longer able to view sold items. they've changed the system.  

I just looked and you can see recently sold items, but not old sold items.

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I just looked and you can see recently sold items, but not old sold items.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=incredible+hulk+181+cgc+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=13&_osacat=0&_odkw=rai+0+cgc+glossy&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&LH_TitleDesc=0

This one sold TODAY, you click on it and it gives you a suggestion of something else..... so I have to disagree with you :foryou: 

It's odd.....

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Because I can't click on the CGC IH 181 or the PGX 181,,,,, but I can Click on the IH 180...

I REALLY don't think that there is a formula to it (shrug) ...... (thumbsu 

I noticed this yesterday. 

When you click on a completed item eBay takes you to their alternate suggested active listing page. 

At the top of that page it says ‘This listing is no longer available but....’

The word “listing” in that sentence is a hyperlink that will take you to the completed listing your trying to look at. 

At least it did for me yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

I noticed this yesterday. 

When you click on a completed item eBay takes you to their alternate suggested active listing page. 

At the top of that page it says ‘This listing is no longer available but....’

The word “listing” in that sentence is a hyperlink that will take you to the completed listing your trying to look at. 

At least it did for me yesterday. 

i wish. mine simply says "the selected item is no longer available." no hyper link. how come its been 20 years and theres still no real competitor for ebay

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 8.54.59 AM.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I'm a bit confused what a few of you are saying. If you go to recently sold items "we will take ASM 100 as an example" you will see items sold from March up till now.

100a.JPG

100B.JPG

yes and clicking on the listing to look at pictures and estimated condition and other details etc is no longer available....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Scroll down and there is description.

asmd.JPG

occasionally i can find one like this that i can still see. but most i can no longer view. if you keep items in your watch list after they have ended, keep checking them. you probably will not be able to shortly as well. much like on instagram, some people started getting ads months and even years before others did. 

51 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i wish. mine simply says "the selected item is no longer available." no hyper link. how come its been 20 years and theres still no real competitor for ebay

Because fBay has aggressively and systematically destroyed and/or absorbed it, and the people who are supposed to watch for monopolies don't.