• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay's latest stupidity
3 3

199 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

Wow, so i'm done trying to get my Top Rated Seller discount.

i just got an alert on my dashboard that I need to pay for return shipping on any return?  That's just fraught with disaster, it's not worth the 10% reduction in fees for me.

Yup. Not worth it. It's funny....in calendar year 2017, I had about $60,000 in gross sales on eBay....and that's with not selling anything from August through November....and just a couple of trickle over sales in January. Since then, I've listed a single book. One book. Just for kicks. Hasn't sold. 

Is eBay concerned?

Nope. 

It's just incredible the amount of cutting off noses to spite faces is going on, in every industry and facet of the economy.

21 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

i just got an alert on my dashboard that I need to pay for return shipping on any return?  That's just fraught with disaster, it's not worth the 10% reduction in fees for me.

That and you're going to have to offer 30 days for returns, not the 14 that they have now.

11 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yup. Not worth it. It's funny....in calendar year 2017, I had about $60,000 in gross sales on eBay....and that's with not selling anything from August through November....and just a couple of trickle over sales in January. Since then, I've listed a single book. One book. Just for kicks. Hasn't sold. 

Is eBay concerned?

Nope. 

It's just incredible the amount of cutting off noses to spite faces is going on, in every industry and facet of the economy.

Wait you went from 60k in sales to none?  Did you just shift your selling platform or are you just hording books at this point?

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Wait you went from 60k in sales to none?  Did you just shift your selling platform or are you just hording books at this point?

If I could find a selling platform that does what eBay does....and Amazon isn't it....I would. Right now, I'm not selling. eBay neither understands, nor cares about, the collectibles market. They want everyone to sell widgets. 

34 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

If I could find a selling platform that does what eBay does....and Amazon isn't it....I would. Right now, I'm not selling. eBay neither understands, nor cares about, the collectibles market. They want everyone to sell widgets. 

Yikes - I had about 55K in gross sales last year and I can't imagine giving up that amount of cash flow even though E-Bay is not ideal.  Amazon sales seem to come in a trickling flow so for now its pretty much E-Bay or nothing.

I've never bothered to get the Top Rated Seller status when they dropped it to 10%.  Sometimes things come up and sometimes a package doesn't get shipped for 3 days (especially around the weekend) so I just can't justify jumping thru E-Bay hoops.

On 6/19/2018 at 1:24 AM, Pete Marino said:

You pay return shipping whether you elect for it or not. Buyer will always just find an excuse

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Yikes - I had about 55K in gross sales last year and I can't imagine giving up that amount of cash flow even though E-Bay is not ideal.  Amazon sales seem to come in a trickling flow so for now its pretty much E-Bay or nothing.

I've never bothered to get the Top Rated Seller status when they dropped it to 10%.  Sometimes things come up and sometimes a package doesn't get shipped for 3 days (especially around the weekend) so I just can't justify jumping thru E-Bay hoops.

Agree. The 10% is not worth it

32 minutes ago, Poka said:

Agree. The 10% is not worth it

And at the first of the month Top Rated sellers need to offer 1 day shipping. So long top rated seller status for me.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Another ebay wtf-Now when you go to find a member you get this:

Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 2.54.35 PM.png

Yes, another thing "the bay" implemented recently to make our lives easier! lol

On the page you are on (screenshot you provided) scroll down a bit further and there is a "Sellers" section that you can input a seller's name.

It's a little tricky, because it will only show if a seller has current auctions running (you can also select recently sold and completed auctions from a seller if they had them recently also)

3 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

On the page you are on (screenshot you provided) scroll down a bit further and there is a "Sellers" section that you can input a seller's name.

It's a little tricky, because it will only show if a seller has current auctions running (you can also select recently sold and completed auctions from a seller if they had them recently also)

If you're trying to track down a buyer I guess you're spit outta luck.  Thx ebay(thumbsu

I haven't explored why I'm being told six listings need revised returns policies. Is everyone being coerced into thirty days return and paying return shipping? I've been selling small stuff. Returns would drive me straight into the red. I do accept them, but at their cost and in 14 days. 

2 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I haven't explored why I'm being told six listings need revised returns policies. Is everyone being coerced into thirty days return and paying return shipping? I've been selling small stuff. Returns would drive me straight into the red. I do accept them, but at their cost and in 14 days. 

Comics are exempt from the 30 day return policy if they are listed in the Collectibles category.

14 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I received an e-mail saying 3 out of my 80-some listings needed to be updated. The e-mail said they would be disqualified from auto-relisted...which doesn’t concern me as I don’t use that feature. 

When I checked what the listings were they were the 2 I have in the Toys and Hobbies category. Supposedly I have to edit them to bring them up to the new “industry standard” on return policies. Odd, when I go to edit the listings 14 days is still an option; you would think it would no longer be an option if 30 days is what they’re pushing for that category. 

Screw it, I’ll change the category if I have to. 

21 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Yes, but I don't think you can see their sold listings anymore. I asked this a couple pages back. That was a nice feature for tracking shill sellers. So, I see why they got rid of it.

56 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, but I don't think you can see their sold listings anymore.

Hi

After you input the seller's name/handle in that new "Sellers" section in Advanced Search, the seller's handle name should show (it is very small now at the top center of page with an "x" next to the name, but does not show a feedback score or star)

If you look on that page's sidebar menu, you should see the familiar "Sold" and "Completed" options to select (see highlighted below)

Looks like items less than 90 days are shown.

image.png.bd83834fd860a630b41d87a6f34576d7.png

8 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Hi

After you input the seller's name/handle in that new "Sellers" section in Advanced Search, the seller's handle name should show (it is very small now at the top center of page with an "x" next to the name, but does not show a feedback score or star)

If you look on that page's sidebar menu, you should see the familiar "Sold" and "Completed" options to select (see highlighted below)

image.png.bd83834fd860a630b41d87a6f34576d7.png

Yea, that's what I used to see, but it was only the last 15 days. Now here is what I get when I click "seller".

1.jpg

10 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Hi

Ah, I see what you're saying now. They changed it more to how you check sold listings for goods. It used to be all in one place. This actually looks better. I will give them that.