• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay's latest stupidity
3 3

199 posts in this topic

just because i am on a eBay rant ,..i am also disgusted with my cable company..

my bill went up this month from $190 a month to $225 a month(cable internet and a land line i don't use and won't save anything if i cancel) and when i call to get it lowered they said no and that i am saving $55 a month already as it is (all lies and i am really considering cancelling everything for a couple months so i won't be on the chat boards if i do...)

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

my bill went up this month from $190 a month to $225 a month(cable internet and a land line i don't use and won't save anything if i cancel) and when i call to get it lowered they said no and that i am saving $55 a month already as it is (all lies and i am really considering cancelling everything for a couple months so i won't be on the chat boards if i do...)

I don't do cable, saves me a bit, rather than internet?

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
12 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

I don't do cable, saves me a bit, rather than internet?

Furthermore I think spectrum company buys out old contracts to switch to them.... and I don't think that they lock you into a new contract... :foryou:

Food for thought...

I hope sold items aren’t going away.  It’s the greatest 90 day priceguide there is...

If sold listings are gone, it could be a lot harder to sell stuff.  But I could see more people buying at higher prices if they don’t have a way to check if it’s a realistic asking price anymore.  There will be some interesting new strategies developed buying/selling without the sold item data.  Auctions might become a better choice for sellers now.

Only work around for this catastrophe is place a bid. I have a ton of key word searches saved for books in my focus, so when said book I want is listed, I get an immediate alert. I place an early tracking bid and this gives me piece of mind to see it all the way through to the end. For BIN's the watch function is now useless. 

39 minutes ago, DC|Marvel said:

Only work around for this catastrophe is place a bid. I have a ton of key word searches saved for books in my focus, so when said book I want is listed, I get an immediate alert. I place an early tracking bid and this gives me piece of mind to see it all the way through to the end. For BIN's the watch function is now useless. 

You realize you can't even see the listing details for items you've won now, right?

3 minutes ago, darkstar said:

You realize you can't even see the listing details for items you've won now, right?

I must be missing something. I just went into my Purchase history. Clicked on a listing I won today. Had to scroll down a little, but the entire listing is still there. Same thing for a listing I won last week.

Same for item I bid on, but did not win. Went into my Bid/Offers section, clicked on multiple items in the Didn't win section, and the end price with listing specs are still there. 

might this be some sort of bug with the software ebay uses? I've got some items that I cant see, but others that I have won or had in my watch list I can still see as usual even though they are finished. 

I don't see any changes on ended sales yet. I could see someone getting the idea about trying to get a revenue flow from it. I am surprised someone hasn't don't it by now.

That being said they screw themselves as well because you cant accurately price anymore if they cut that out.
I extremely dislike Amazon, but if this happens I am heading that way or I will get off my tail and make my own website.

I did a random search for 4 different "sold" items last night and was able to access the original listings for each one. I picked 4 completely different auctions and went back as far as March. My feeling here is that eBay is using this new format as a sales tactic in order to steer buyers in a different direction by offering comparable items. I had absolutely no trouble researching past auctions and what those items sold for...   :whatev:

This couldn't be more frustrating. I am working on a near 500 piece appraisal, and I'm working on the last quarter of it, and this happened.

A couple of things, this is easily the stupidest thing feeBay has ever done to date, without a doubt. They have essentially made what used to be a one-click task from a results array to a scavenger hunt to locate a listing. What's worse, is if it's an item where the highest bidder reneged, it's pretty much poofed, and because this is so recent, the only way to "assume" it's a buyer backed out scenario is you see an "item relisted" link, but when you click it, it takes you to a suggested or recommended item, which is probably the most annoying thing I have ever seen in all my years of surfing the web.

If I'm looking for a past sale, I don't want to see a recommended item, I want to see the item to determine things like condition, similarities with an item I'm looking to buy, etc.

Yet another notch in the long list of bad feeBay decisions, which have continued making it harder to know what sold, for how much, and if it even was a legitimate sale.

Here is a related thread where a few of us saw it coming down - sadly, this will be yet another hurdle for online price aggregators as well

Edited by comicwiz

22 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

yeah this is incorrect. we are no longer able to view sold items. they've changed the system. 

There is a way, BUT it doesn't always work, and it's so counter-intuitive and time consuming, you're better off just reporting feeBay as a malicious site to Google and other search engines.

Edited by comicwiz

Please, please use feeBay when disussing them on these boards, so we don't continue to be used as advertising mules, since the admins here continue to ignore the issue of auto-linking everytime their name is used.

37 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I had absolutely no trouble researching past auctions and what those items sold for...   :whatev:

It's a clickbait scam. What used to take two mouse clicks from a result array has at least doubled the task. AND I'm certain if you increase the number of examples, you will find that it doesn't always show you the full and "original listing." Instead you get a page which says the item is no longer available.

Pumyra.thumb.jpg.11752c5de40390be3bc95fb9d68e5924.jpg

The above showed up in the results array when searching on sold items, with an auction sale date of May 2nd, so it's not like the item is over 90 days old.

The wierdest thing is not a single one of the suggested items is even remotely close to what I am looking-up, so it's bound to frustrate users, and possibly irritate them enough that they won't consider buying anything that's suggested to them. I know I won't.

Edited by comicwiz

I see eBay slowing down in the future for sales because people can now buy brand new stuff from China that is cheaper than second hand stuff from America sellers.

I was shocked at how cheap brand new stuff is from AliExpress. It is significantly cheaper and not just saving a buck or two.

Once most Americans figure out they can buy brand new stuff cheaper than buying second hand stuff on eBay than eBay will be in a world of hurting.

Add also into the factors that the majority of children(younger generation) don't want their parents(older generation) old stuff to buy and digital products is the prefered choice now among the young will find eBay about to get a reality check in the future that the game is changing when it comes to selling second hand stuff.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur