• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay's latest stupidity
3 3

199 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Scroll this this mess to bottom.

Have you tried all the one's that we said try because they don't work? lol we said some do and some don't (shrug) 

OR are you saying that it works every time for you?....... 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Try the sold ih 181 listings @Ride the Tiger

I'm going to be ticked off if it is select user's lol

At least I'm not alone. I tried it on ebay.com on my phone, and it does the same thing. I'll give it this though it does appear to work constantly on the APP (shrug)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

further oddities: the IH 181's still don't work on the laptop but the 180 does.... yet on my phone the 180 doesn't 

You know I'm bored on a 102 degree Saturday in Texas when I'm fooling with this foolishness... foolishly. I think the heat is getting to me. :$

I'm not saying you all aren't having problems but I haven't noticed any changes. Same now as it was years ago for me. Possible reason..... I do not have a Windows version that accepts updates. I have Vista so MS can't screw up my PC with one of their new updates. Again just a possible reason.

2 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I'm not saying you all aren't having problems but I haven't noticed any changes. Same now as it was years ago for me. Possible reason..... I do not have a Windows version that accepts updates. I have Vista so MS can't screw up my PC with one of their new updates. Again just a possible reason.

lucky... lol 

21 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

its not a mac or windows thing. its very clearly a new policy that they are rolling out. when i tried calling to get more info it was just a insufficiently_thoughtful_person on the line and i didnt feel like wasting more time with someone who knows nothing. 

Oh Lord. What fresh hell is this? Now I'm getting all sorts of "the selected item is no longer available" on completed listings, with NO WAY to go to those listings.

I've said this for almost 20 years now: the people who run eBay need to fail, in humiliating and embarrassing ways, for their endless corrupt meddling in the market.

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm on the phone right now with an eBay drone, who has no idea what I'm talking about (as usual), with a thick, barely understandable accent (if I spoke his language, I would speak in that, so I could understand him.)

I think it's high time that eBay was broken up.

it's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll :shy: 

Good Luck :) 

I don't know if this is where to place this, but...

I Best Offered something yesterday that was accepted and I paid for this morning.....

It still doesn't show up on ebay as sold...in the sold listings..... it does in purchase history though (thumbsu 

Does it usually wait until shipped? or something?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
wherewolf

6 minutes ago, cortown71 said:

We need a $15 off coupon for this

^^ and I know that it's coming too! well probably, because I made a purchase already today lol every silver lining has a dark cloud haha

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
"AA" = Army Ants!

On 6/2/2018 at 11:56 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

i wish. mine simply says "the selected item is no longer available." no hyper link. how come its been 20 years and theres still no real competitor for ebay

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 8.54.59 AM.jpg

Agreed. The lack of competition allows them to set the standard.

Edited by rogue14
Spelling

12 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm on the phone right now with an eBay drone, who has no idea what I'm talking about (as usual), with a thick, barely understandable accent (if I spoke his language, I would speak in that, so I could understand him.)

I think it's high time that eBay was broken up.

let me guess, his name is "steve" or "jenny."