• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay's latest stupidity
3 3

199 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

This is going to sound silly, but where in that link is the "code"? Either way, I did see that but it flew right over my head, so this is on me doh! 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is going to sound silly, but where in that link is the "code"? Either way, I did see that but it flew right over my head, so this is on me doh! 

It wasn't a code. It was just activated if you accepted it as far as I know. On my app it pops up right when you open it. I think you have to have the promotions enabled or whatever.

Edited by ygogolak

11 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It was a great weekend of buying. Next time (thumbsu  Now that I know folks see that I will keep posting whenever those eBay bucks promos land. Between app and site usually there are at least 2 opportunities a month. From now on I am waiting and only buying with eBay bucks promos or 15% codes posted here. Additionally I really try to stay away from just buying 1 slab given shipping charges have gone up to as high as $15 for just one book on eBay

On 6/3/2018 at 12:24 AM, darkstar said:

You realize you can't even see the listing details for items you've won now, right?

OK so it is happening to me now. I was running a completed advanced search with "sold". Clicked on a few listings and it has this skipping like feel when you click and a completely different listing populates my screen. 

I believe though as far as determining end price; if you do an advanced sold search, say a broader one to get more listings, you then sort by high/low price and it will organize all the listings accordingly to give you an idea of where price landed. 

18 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

We haven't had a ebay....coupon since April 29th..... I can dream 

Ask and you shall receive. 

Today Only:
20% Off Everything!*

Celebrate Dad and save with coupon code PICKDADSGIFT.
Ends at 7pm PT. Min. $50 purchase.

Max $100 discount.

4 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Ask and you shall receive. 

Today Only:
20% Off Everything!*

Celebrate Dad and save with coupon code PICKDADSGIFT.
Ends at 7pm PT. Min. $50 purchase.

Max $100 discount.

Absolutely FANTASTIC!! THANK YOU ^^

4 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Thanks just saved $48 on an Iron Fist #14.  Appreciate the heads up!

Thanks to @Timmay who told me about it.  I saved $80 on a projector I was looking at.  It was effective for Ebay as I was going to pay the difference and get a new one from Amazon. Instead, got a refurb from buydig through Ebay, for $250 cheaper.

Edited by Transplant

Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but this is THE stupidest thing ebay has ever done-you can no longer see other items no it takes you to seller's 'store', where there is no search function so, if you are like looking for what issues of mystery in space seller is selling, well, be prepared to search page by page by page....yeah no.  I just gave up instead and did not spend any money.  Thx ebay

11 minutes ago, kav said:

Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but this is THE stupidest thing ebay has ever done-you can no longer see other items no it takes you to seller's 'store', where there is no search function so, if you are like looking for what issues of mystery in space seller is selling, well, be prepared to search page by page by page....yeah no.  I just gave up instead and did not spend any money.  Thx ebay

ok I just discovered if you click on feedback then you can click other items.  always nice when ebay makes it hard to find stuff.

Either I'm remembering this wrong or something else has changed. I thought if you first did a regular search and then went to advanced to see sold items it would remember your search. Now it just comes up blank and I have to put the search in again. 

19 minutes ago, wombat said:

Either I'm remembering this wrong or something else has changed. I thought if you first did a regular search and then went to advanced to see sold items it would remember your search. Now it just comes up blank and I have to put the search in again. 

yes also a recent ebay change thx ebay having to do more work is always appreciated.

I have to wonder if all these listing conversions performed by eeebay that various folks here have mentioned have anything to do with seller status, volume of listings and/or total sales revenue. I’ve yet to have this happen with any of my listings. It seems odd that they would just be doing this randomly.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

11 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I have to wonder if all these listing conversions performed by eeebay that various folks here have mentioned have anything to do with seller status, volume of listings and/or total sales revenue. I’ve yet to have this happen with any of my listings. It seems odd that they would just be doing this randomly.

I don't sell much on ebay. In the last couple of weeks, I've added about 30 listings, most small dollar. So they want me to take offers on something that is $2.99 or $3.99. Really flipping annoying. "Your chances of selling just went up!" I didn't go through all that listing process just to have them change it for me.

9 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I don't sell much on ebay. In the last couple of weeks, I've added about 30 listings, most small dollar. So they want me to take offers on something that is $2.99 or $3.99. Really flipping annoying. "Your chances of selling just went up!" I didn't go through all that listing process just to have them change it for me.

I have heard it mentioned in other threads about ebay:shy: that this has happened, so your not alone...

Not sure if this has already been mentioned,  but I have about 100 searches preset in ebay, mostly for pence related research (I dabble in that field, in case you missed it the last 8,000 times I mentioned it). Anyway, every search was set as 'UK only' and my emails would deliver just those results accordingly. Great! Over night, all of my emails now include US searches. So I can't see my pence / uk ones now. On a sliding scale of one to ten, that rated as 'proper annoying' and, accordingly, I have developed  an over night healthy disdain for ebay's constant 'never in my favour' technical tinkering.

Does anyone have an eBay technician voodoo doll they would be willing to allow me to put pins in? 

12 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned,  but I have about 100 searches preset in ebay, mostly for pence related research (I dabble in that field, in case you missed it the last 8,000 times I mentioned it). Anyway, every search was set as 'UK only' and my emails would deliver just those results accordingly. Great! Over night, all of my emails now include US searches. So I can't see my pence / uk ones now. On a sliding scale of one to ten, that rated as 'proper annoying' and, accordingly, I have developed  an over night healthy disdain for ebay's constant 'never in my favour' technical tinkering.

Does anyone have an eBay technician voodoo doll they would be willing to allow me to put pins in? 

This wasn't a technician. I wouldn't blame the developer either. It's some marketing hack who decided to broaden your buying options as favor to you. I'd like to find that person and have them tell me what twit decided auto-changing my selling options was a good idea. I work in software development and contribute to marketing and UI decisions, and giving someone decision making power only to override it based on some algorithm strikes me as a terrible UX decision.