• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay's latest stupidity
3 3

199 posts in this topic

The other change is I no longer have the ability to filter. I liked being able to filter by price, now all I get is guaranteed delivery to postal code.

I liked being able to filter by price because sometimes I am looking for that bigger ticket item, and I dont want to see all the $1.99 listings for that item that shares some of the description.

Frustrating.

Just got off the phone with yet another eBay drone, and they told me that eBay is "going through a major upgrade in July"

What was funny was that, after hemming and hawing and "trying" to "figure out" what the problem was, the rep said the following words, which are always guaranteed to be a lie: "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but I want to be honest with you."

Which begs three questions: 1. why are you telling me if you're not supposed to? and 2. why weren't you being honest with me from the start? and 3. why would I then believe you NOW?

I suspect they're going to take away the ability to look at completed listings unless you pay for them. It is my understanding that you can't look at completed listings on Amazon, that there's no such thing as completed listings, is that correct? If so....welcome to the new reality.

15 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

It makes sense from a business standpoint. I have wondered why they haven't done this for years. Its another revenue stream they are attempting, but
this one will backfire on them.

+1 

I get why eBay has done so, and it almost wouldn't be too bad in other departments, like say when your looking for a gift, kind of like tumbler or something.

BUT DEFINITELY NOT IN THE "COLLECTABLES" MARKET!

:foryou:

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

What was funny was that, after hemming and hawing and "trying" to "figure out" what the problem was, the rep said the following words, which are always guaranteed to be a lie: "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but I want to be honest with you."

Which begs three questions: 1. why are you telling me if you're not supposed to? and 2. why weren't you being honest with me from the start? and 3. why would I then believe you NOW?.

:roflmao:^^:applause:

Big mistake since I want to see the price paid for the condition of the item.   

However... sold four pieces of jewelry today for $400...  So they may not get me to buy... but I will continue to sell and list high at the same time.  I can always come down in price. 

Start on the the new bathroom sometime around Christmas?

21 hours ago, Gaard said:

I think I read somewhere that Ebay does all their upgrades on Thursday. So hopefully this coming Thursday they will have received enough negativity concerning this that they'll put things back to normal.

where are they gonna receive the negativity from??? i'm super pissed about this, but theres nowhere on ebay to lodge complaints. there are pages on the ebay community with people person_without_enough_empathying about this to each other, but there are no moderators or ebay peeps involved in that conversation. the only option i see is to call, like rockmyamadeus did, and speak to "sally" in india who's simply reading out of a book. i don't know that ebay is aware just how much the customers hate this or how they can be made aware, unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

where are they gonna receive the negativity from??? i'm super pissed about this, but theres nowhere on ebay to lodge complaints. there are pages on the ebay community with people person_without_enough_empathying about this to each other, but there are no moderators or ebay peeps involved in that conversation. the only option i see is to call, like rockmyamadeus did, and speak to "sally" in india who's simply reading out of a book. i don't know that ebay is aware just how much the customers hate this or how they can be made aware, unfortunately. 

Unfortunately, eBay does not care. They do not want to hear from their users, especially angry ones. They make it intentionally difficult to contact them by phone, all that cloak and dagger nonsense of filling out a form in order to get a temporary pin number and phone # to contact, etc. That's not a company that is interested in hearing from people.

I've been selling eBay for 20+ years, and on average, though they have been extremely frustrating, unfairly punitive towards sellers, etc I have put up with it, because they are the only game in town. Whatever is coming down the pike is sure to suck, but unless an viable alternative is created, I imagine most of us will roll with it.

32 minutes ago, Bookery said:

"MISS ME YET?"

-- Your Local Brick-and-Mortar Comic Shop

One part of the industry which will not care about this change is the standard LCS.  Based on the prices on back stock, they have never looked at completed sales in their lives.

I was following a bunch of auctions I was bidding on this morning, and it takes about 1 second from when the auction closes for a "suggestion" to pop up with another auction. :p

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Buyer or seller? There was just a 10% / 8% coupon this weekend.

Well buyer... i knew there was something about ebay bucks offer in an email, remember i said that i didn't get the email? I had to check a box, but mainly wanted one for a buyer for a percentage off is what I was referring to...are you saying the email was for seller or buyer?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well buyer... i knew there was something about ebay bucks offer in an email, remember i said that i didn't get the email? I had to check a box, but mainly wanted one for a buyer for a percentage off is what I was referring to...are you saying the email was for seller or buyer?

Buyer, 10% on the app, 8% on PC. This past weekend.