• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay's latest stupidity
3 3

199 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

This wasn't a technician. I wouldn't blame the developer either. It's some marketing hack who decided to broaden your buying options as favor to you. I'd like to find that person and have them tell me what twit decided auto-changing my selling options was a good idea. I work in software development and contribute to marketing and UI decisions, and giving someone decision making power only to override it based on some algorithm strikes me as a terrible UX decision.

Indeed. I'd give him a piece of my mind if there wasn't so little of it left :insane:

I was "upgraded" to the new Seller's Dashboard (or whatever they're calling it) this weekend, and it blows. I have to look in three different places to find my Sold and Unsold items, see which ones are "awaiting shipping" etc. Every time they upgrade, it's definitely a downgrade.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Every time they upgrade, it's definitely a downgrade.

Yeah, I agree! And we lost half the members as a result!

Oh, hang on. Wrong thread. It's ebay we're talking about here isn't it, sorry. Carry on. 

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Yeah, I agree! And we lost half the members as a result!

Oh, hang on. Wrong thread. It's ebay we're talking about here isn't it, sorry. Carry on. 

Ah-ha!

I've worked out how to stop ebay from turning into a hyper link. Put it in italics:

ebay

ebay

That'll learn em, for tinkering with my systems. Well worth the effort each time :headbang:

17 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

If it weren’t for eBay I wouldn’t even have much of a collection☝️?‼️

Same here. It's actually great really, when you think about it. A couple of clicks and someone's book on the other side of the world is on its way to you. Lots to like in the basic service :)

Anyone else running into issues with Selling Manager or "Seller Hub", or whatever it's called these days? A few weeks ago I was "upgraded" to the Seller Hub, and while I don't like the layout, it at least still worked. 

So.

For a long time now I've had my account set up to automate positive feedback for buyers when they pay. Saves me the time of having to remember to go back in and add it manually (side gripe: I HATE that you now have to add each feedback individually, as opposed to the past when you could just add all of your comments and hit "Submit" to send them all at once).

This morning I went in to my feedback to see if I'd forgotten to leave feedback for anything I'd bought. No, nothing there, BUT I noticed that my automated fb for buyers apparently hadn't been working for the last couple of weeks' worth of sales. So, I went through and brought all of that up to date. Grumpily, I might add.

So I wanted to go back to my settings and see if maybe this got unchecked or something with the new they're rolling out, but...I can't even get to Seller Hub. I can get to my Seller Dashboard, but if I want to go to "Selling Manager" I have to go to "Seller Hub" (jeeeezus! How many different names for the stuff that should all be grouped in one place) and when I do that, I get an "Oops, something went wrong" error message. :frustrated:

TL;DR: Anyone else getting errors on Seller Hub or Selling Manager? Or have their automated feedback shut off?

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Anyone else running into issues with Selling Manager or "Seller Hub", or whatever it's called these days? A few weeks ago I was "upgraded" to the Seller Hub, and while I don't like the layout, it at least still worked. 

So.

For a long time now I've had my account set up to automate positive feedback for buyers when they pay. Saves me the time of having to remember to go back in and add it manually (side gripe: I HATE that you now have to add each feedback individually, as opposed to the past when you could just add all of your comments and hit "Submit" to send them all at once).

This morning I went in to my feedback to see if I'd forgotten to leave feedback for anything I'd bought. No, nothing there, BUT I noticed that my automated fb for buyers apparently hadn't been working for the last couple of weeks' worth of sales. So, I went through and brought all of that up to date. Grumpily, I might add.

So I wanted to go back to my settings and see if maybe this got unchecked or something with the new they're rolling out, but...I can't even get to Seller Hub. I can get to my Seller Dashboard, but if I want to go to "Selling Manager" I have to go to "Seller Hub" (jeeeezus! How many different names for the stuff that should all be grouped in one place) and when I do that, I get an "Oops, something went wrong" error message. :frustrated:

TL;DR: Anyone else getting errors on Seller Hub or Selling Manager? Or have their automated feedback shut off?

I haven't sold anything in a while Triple-F, so haven't encountered this. But the feedback thing is annoying, not being able to do it in bulk anymore. The basic concept of eBay is great, as I said earlier. But they sure do make it difficult when every change feels like a step backwards and every upgrade makes it harder or longer to use the site. 

Lets face it, if ebay had invented the car, the steering wheel would be in the boot by now. 

27 minutes ago, october said:

Yeah, eBay is jacked up today. If I had auctions ending I would pull them. 

yea - it's beyond irritating.  I was just trying to price check a small batch of books and it took forever.  Guess I'll wait until tomorrow to post up some new books.

25 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

yea - it's beyond irritating.  I was just trying to price check a small batch of books and it took forever.  Guess I'll wait until tomorrow to post up some new books.

If you keep trying the page eventually shows up. Definitely irritating. 

Got a great message today that I found funny.  I say in the description "These are nice high grade copies of Infinity War 1-6".  Guy PMed me and asked if the books are really copies or are they original books. 

eBay is just an unusable wreck today. I tried to view a completed listing and it takes me to other "similar" listings, then craps out with the error page when I click the tiny hyperlink to get to the page I actually wanted to see in the first place.

Dumpster fire. 

I have a feeling this is going to be the new normal. Yesterday I was unable to get to an item I bid on and lost. I eventually manged to pull it up by pasting the item number in place of an item number for a listing I won, but even that was hinky.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Got a great message today that I found funny.  I say in the description "These are nice high grade copies of Infinity War 1-6".  Guy PMed me and asked if the books are really copies or are they original books. 

Ha! That reminds me of when I used to post "Check the Scans!" or "Look at the scans!" or wording to that effect, since at the time a lot of people weren't doing actual scans of the books, so you couldn't tell much about condition. I had numerous people ask if they were actually the books, or scans OF the books, that I was selling. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

You should have told him they were the first editions, with original cover and everything.

Wow, so i'm done trying to get my Top Rated Seller discount.

i just got an alert on my dashboard that I need to pay for return shipping on any return?  That's just fraught with disaster, it's not worth the 10% reduction in fees for me.