• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So The Voldy Topic is Closed
3 3

102 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
29 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

What do you collect, Sonny?

Frenemies.

:banana:

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
30 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
32 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

What do you collect, Sonny?

Frenemies.

:banana:

It was that or sheep liz :D

9 hours ago, lizards2 said:

It seems like on mine there was a button to click if you wished to challenge, and all it does is dead end you at a page that says you're prohibited from posting.

The last one I got was a 0 points that said it was just a warning, but by the way, you're suspended from posting for 48 hours.

The moderation policy fluctuates like CGC's grades.

But the silliest thing is that often you have no idea why you are being suspended. At least it was like that with the old forum. Not sure if it's like that with the new one.

9 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yep, once you're suspended all you can do is log in, view content and like. You can't post, amend posts or pm. I asked admin if they could open a channel just to the moderator review team to enable challenges during the suspension period. That seemed fair. 'No' was the answer. Quite frustrating, if you feel the suspension wasn't fair or warranted. 

Offer it up for the hungry children in Africa. 

10 hours ago, shadroch said:

Offer it up for the hungry children in Africa. 

I did, but the ungrateful little sods only wanted food, shelter and drainage ditches. You just can't help some people. 

11 hours ago, VintageComics said:

The moderation policy fluctuates like CGC's grades.

But the silliest thing is that often you have no idea why you are being suspended. At least it was like that with the old forum. Not sure if it's like that with the new one.

It's the same Roy. They send it to your Mum, so you never get to know what you did wrong.

Edited by Get Marwood & I
Missing a to

13 hours ago, icefires said:

So you're from Iowa?

"Where men are men and sheep are nervous."

No need to ram it home. I don't know, ewe people....

10 hours ago, shadroch said:

I had a post pulled and a warning issued within two minutes of posting last week.

Quite right too. You knew it was wrong. Arch clearly doesn't take it up there.

The "masking" and profanity filters and censorship in general are such bull. This is a message board used by adults. The fact that our language is policed like we're grade schoolers is beyond ridiculous. I understand that it's not my playground so I don't get to make the rules, so I abide by them. But I still think they're dumb.

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

No need to ram it home. I don't know, ewe people....

Some people just try to pull the wool over their eyes.

19 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

The "masking" and profanity filters and censorship in general are such bull. This is a message board used by adults. The fact that our language is policed like we're grade schoolers is beyond ridiculous. I understand that it's not my playground so I don't get to make the rules, so I abide by them. But I still think they're dumb.

Signed: 

George Carlin

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

I'm torn. On the one hand, what you say makes some sense. We're all adults. However, as a person who does engage in profanity from time to time, I don't need to engage in profanity in order to converse with people so ultimately, I'm fine with the language filter. I find it very crude when some people cannot converse without throwing out profanity every other word or comedians, for instance, who think you need profanity in order to be funny. What I do think is silly is the censoring of the word, D i c k, because it messes up text when you're talking about comic creators named D i c k.  

Edited by Jerkfro

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I disagree F For Fake. I think we should all behave politely and respectfully towards each other and never resort to base language. :) Does the F really stand for fake by the way?

2 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Some people just try to pull the wool over their eyes.

What the flock in hell are you talking about Mc K? :mad:

18 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Or me.

spoonbee.gif

Some wally bags put a vote up to allow the D word once. It got pulled off by someone, alas Harrumph!.gif.884027e5b9cfcccbe3f6f8153f4edfcf.gif