• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the comic book question of the day thread

70 posts in this topic

so there are some questions that come up that probably don't need their own thread but it would be nice to see or get some responses on.

The only rules are, one question per day, the question needs to be comic related (no wut wut in the but but) - I doubt either rule will be follow but who cares really

So here's my question

When you buy a comic online (eBay) and it arrives with a sticker price on the bag that is lower/higher than you paid, do you think "I overpaid/underpaid"?

Edited by jsilverjanet

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

So here's my question

When you buy a comic online (eBay) and it arrives with a sticker price on it that is lower/higher than you paid, do you think man I overpaid/underpaid?

It depends if the sticker is affixed to the book itself or on the bag.

no impact on me. 

It depends on the gap between what they paid and what I paid, as in did they make a Yuuuge profit or a reasonable one.

A lot of times it could be the price from when it first came out, other times the gap isn't too far for me to feel bad.

There is that rare occurrence when the time is a factor and the lower sticker doesn't bother me, any other time a little :)  

39 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

so there are some questions that come up that probably don't need their own thread but it would be nice to see or get some responses on.

The only rules are, one question per day, the question needs to be comic related (no wut wut in the but but) - I doubt either rule will be follow but who cares really

Sorry, for clarification is it one question per day or one question per person per day?  I thought the latter but didn't want to assume.

12 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

The thing I remind myself is that price tag could be from years ago... 

or from previous owner (I still have some price tags on books from previous owners just cause Im lazy....)

+1

There's no way of knowing how old the price sticker is (unless you're talking about a very recent comic) so I don't give it much thought either way.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

So here's my question

When you buy a comic online (eBay) and it arrives with a sticker price on the bag that is lower/higher than you paid, do you think "I overpaid/underpaid"?

Doesn't usually bother me, especially if I didn't make a lower offer before buying it.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Whatever number is on the sticker is not the price. The price is what was paid. Whether or not a buyer feels he got his money's worth for the item received is the important consideration. The price on the sticker can represent a look into the past, near or distant, or a price so ambitious that it would never sell for that even 20 years from now. It could even be a switched bag if the seller ran out of fresh ones and the sticker doesn't peel easily. To me, the price on a sticker is a moot point.