• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Inherited Some Comics from 1940's
5 5

183 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

He probably fast-tracked the Pep #22 for completeness and restoration check and the rest of the bunch are still in Florida awaiting grading.  That would be my guess.

He took our advice. Vince probably said same thing as we suggested. I believe the rest should be done at CGC soon.

On 8/13/2018 at 3:36 PM, NomadCow13 said:

Hey all! After a wild ride I chose to work with Vincent at ComicConnect. I just felt he was the man I wanted to wok with. Very accommodating and fair. The collection goes up for auction this winter.

pep22.jpg

Well done, MadCow.  Vincent is the best.  You're going to do very well!

2 hours ago, NomadCow13 said:

Now at auction. Go to www.comicconnect.com and see how high Pep 22 goes!

Good luck. Should be, what, $50-$60K for that Pep 22, at least? Did you get the rest of them slabbed (and returned) yet?

Edited by Bird

On 11/18/2018 at 5:19 PM, Bird said:

Good luck. Should be, what, $50-$60K for that Pep 22, at least? Did you get the rest of them slabbed (and returned) yet?

Several others were slabbed and cgc graded. Here's the link to the PEP22

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=788075

4 minutes ago, namisgr said:

?

The auction is at $69K and still has a week to run.

oops, the link earlier took me to a "item not found" and I searched completed Pep 22. Now that same link takes me to the book. Sorry! Plus I thought that $54K was awfully low!

On 11/18/2018 at 11:02 AM, AnkurJ said:

I would not sell in a December auction without a reserve. That is just based on my experiences. But hope it does great for you!

I've heard that before but is that true for books of that value? I mean if you can afford that book I don't think you have to make sure you have extra money for X-mas presents lol.

21 hours ago, JollyComics said:

How high do you think it will go up to?

No idea myself. I put in the $50-$60K figure as a low one so as not to get the OPs hopes too high. 

On 11/18/2018 at 11:02 AM, AnkurJ said:

I would not sell in a December auction without a reserve. That is just based on my experiences. But hope it does great for you!

6 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I've heard that before but is that true for books of that value? I mean if you can afford that book I don't think you have to make sure you have extra money for X-mas presents lol.

I don't think it matters what time of year it is, when you list a book like this one.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

No idea myself. I put in the $50-$60K figure as a low one so as not to get the OPs hopes too high. 

Pep Comics #22 is not very often on the market. That copy is attractive and came from the original owner and was untouched for over 70 years. I have a hunch that copy will be sold at $100K.