• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,725 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Off Panel said:

One goal I had for my birthday today was to add my one hundredth post to the boards, which will be this one. Here's what the critics are saying:

"At last! The great, long-awaited 100th Anniversary Post! With the wildest shock-ending of all time!"

"This is it! The spectacular long-awaited 100th Anniversary Post! Featuring: Off Panel! ADMANTIUM! Spider-Variant!"

"Special! Epoch-making 100th Post! GUARANTEE: You'll never read a post quite like -- That's What She Said!" *

*Okay, yes. I've got a long way to go before I catch greggy. I'm not getting cocky. Still, one hundred posts is a milestone for me seeing as how I'm so quiet and unopinionated you know.

Got any cool Bronze Age Spider-Man swag?

Any cool stories from yesteryear?

Black Bear, Beets, Battlestar Galactica....

That is really cool.

I’ve seen census records just enough to recognize what you posted, but didn’t know how to interpret to get to that level of detail.

And with Dad as a musician — there was a lot of creativity in that family.

17 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

How come Mike looks the same to me in every photo, regardless of the year taken, and Ross looks different, very different?

Weird to me.  hm

I've always thought that too - Ross is a difficult man to know from the few available pictures of him that exist online. All very different. You could be standing next to him in a lift and not know. Back in the day I mean. 

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I've always thought that too - Ross is a difficult man to know from the few available pictures of him that exist online. All very different. You could be standing next to him in a lift and not know. Back in the day I mean. 

That's it, isn't it Steve.  I could look at the small number of photos that I have found of him and swear there were four different people.  It's somewhat mysterious to me.

(Also, is a lift the same thing as an elevator? Lol)

Edited by Spider-Variant

3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Sounds just like Rudolf Abel....

On 5/19/2021 at 11:42 AM, Spider-Variant said:

Not many Ross Andru real life references left, but I dug this one up a few days ago.  Apparently the locals didn't like the fact that these apartment buildings were being built in the town of Breezy Point, which wasn't far from where Ross lived in the mid-70s.  Lots of court orders and local support caused the project to be in continuous delay, and eventually abandoned.  The buildings stood as abandoned eyesores until they were demolished by explosives in the mid 1980's. 

Not sexy, but somethin'.

image.thumb.png.c89dd4d64e56db1fde3a2b499d57a09d.png

image.thumb.png.4eeeb1d284622a630737638b22dfa450.png

More great stuff mr Spider Variant‼️👍👍🎶🎶

On 5/11/2021 at 9:48 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

believe it or not, my dad played golf when them way back in the day, my bio dad. Still he's not much for stories other than the Bible nowadays haha

Good story, ! You Dad sounds like a good father‼️👍

On 5/27/2021 at 6:49 PM, Off Panel said:

That is really cool.

I’ve seen census records just enough to recognize what you posted, but didn’t know how to interpret to get to that level of detail.

And with Dad as a musician — there was a lot of creativity in that family.

I found this today, from the history of The Detroit Symphony Orchestra book published in 2016.

Ross's dad played horn for the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.  If you look at the dates, that coincides with when Ross was born.  

image.png.ba9dee7306fd459826fb0d23f7ec5e8a.png

17 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

I found this today, from the history of The Detroit Symphony Orchestra book published in 2016.

Ross's dad played horn for the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.  If you look at the dates, that coincides with when Ross was born.  

image.png.ba9dee7306fd459826fb0d23f7ec5e8a.png

Multi talented runs through the family‼️👍😷