• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,725 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, Spider-Variant said:

You can see Ross's signature on a few original art pages, here and there.    I can dig a few out, if there is interest.

The one above posted by @Get Marwood & I look legit to me, but I'm no expert.  Would love to own that book, if true.

This looks like Ross's signature with him then penciling in the inker's name, Mike Esposito.  

image.png.420d93638686fadab9b15ed59bb6628d.png

Edited by Spider-Variant

On 6/23/2021 at 10:14 AM, Spider-Variant said:

Agreed.

I think ASM 97 may be my favorite all time Spider-Man cover.  But all the Goblin covers are good.  

Yes this non comic code covers are good ‼️👍

Goblin saying as Spidey is slipping “ it had to happen! I planned it that way “

is one my favorite comic book lines

3 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

After spending more hours than I should have

I spent 5 hours today updating Thorpe & Porter indicia summaries, so you're in good company Reggie :grin:

17 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

I'm just finally relieved I could make sense of what my eyes (older now, for sure) were seeing.  I knew that building had to be St. Patrick's Cathedral but wasn't happy that this vivid image of my childhood wasn't "perfect".  But after digging, analyzing, and opening my mind, I will now say that Ross's depiction of St. Patrick's Cathedral is "nearly perfect".  I can sleep well.  

Maybe subconsciously I was saving it for the last of Ross's real life references to tackle.  

Someone sent me this quote when I found the Mindworm's house back in February:

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there 
were no more worlds to conquer."

Ah, now what to do...

Cry on 96 tears?

There will be new sensations right now

The little old lady from Pasadena celebrates good times c'mon!

:tink:

36 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Someone sent me this quote when I found the Mindworm's house back in February:

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there 
were no more worlds to conquer."

Whilst recognising a slight difference in the comparative scale of achievements, that is more or less where I am at with all my pence research now. Nothing left to report. Pass the tissues, sniff....

25 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Whilst recognising a slight difference in the comparative scale of achievements, that is more or less where I am at with all my pence research now. Nothing left to report. Pass the tissues, sniff....

For me, it's been a hell of a ride, and I appreciate all the kind words and support from the folks who have posted in this thread. Maybe I'll tackle the entire bronze age focusing on the real life references contained across the Marvel universe (sorry DC).  Or maybe I'll simply get a life, lol...

6 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Oh, and we're getting this little thread you started to 2000 posts and 100,000 views.  :banana:

That's ninety nine and a half thousand more than most of mine :D

7 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Oh, and we're getting this little thread you started to 2000 posts and 100,000 views.  :banana:

Shall we go for the life, Reggie, starting tomorrow?