• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA Summer Signature Auction
5 5

172 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, grube09 said:

Am I missing something on Wonderworld Comics #11 7.5?  Was a hammer of $26,400 expected?  I saw the book at SDCC and it had an estimated "sell for" price of $2K+.  Guess the "+" heavily applied!

I'm looking at the results and it says it sold for $3,120  (shrug)

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Boy, I am even missing Mitch's usual ongoing dollar count as to how much these auctions have gotten so far.  

Dean, sometimes I want to take a baseball bat and hit you over the head.  Many times. 

7 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

I'm looking at the results and it says it sold for $3,120  (shrug)

HA had a posted result of $26K yesterday before they corrected their mistake.  The discussion was a couple of pages back (thumbsu

11 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Should've read the rest of this thread. Guess I was the underbidder then. Would have pushed it a little higher. #%!*$@*^%$! :censored:

May have cost the consignor a bit of dough. hm

5 hours ago, jhm said:

I didn't think I'd have to go that high on it :shy: That means there's someone out there almost as wacky as me! But IMO, it's a truly amazing copy, tied with the Church for highest graded... and has colors that pop unlike any other copy I've seen...

This copy: https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/horror/marvel-tales-95-marvel-1950-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7189-91058.s

lf.jpeg.0e7533e72feb9278e190c62f7cf69b52.jpeg

Church copy: https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=568866

mar22_777a.jpg.403132ed08f741edc2c917466addb674.jpg

Awesome book. I bid for awhile but not nearly as well as you.  Congrats.

11 hours ago, tth2 said:
22 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Boy, I am even missing Mitch's usual ongoing dollar count as to how much these auctions have gotten so far.  

Dean, sometimes I want to take a baseball bat and hit you over the head.  Many times. 

Now, now........you should know by now that Mitch is nothing more than a fellow collector without deep pockets like most of us here and is as harmless as they come.  :gossip:

Well, not a baseball bat, but will a few hammer thumps to the head suffice for you?  :makepoint: :makepoint: :makepoint: lol

6 hours ago, jhm said:

I didn't think I'd have to go that high on it :shy: That means there's someone out there almost as wacky as me! But IMO, it's a truly amazing copy, tied with the Church for highest graded... and has colors that pop unlike any other copy I've seen...

This copy: https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/horror/marvel-tales-95-marvel-1950-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7189-91058.s

lf.jpeg.0e7533e72feb9278e190c62f7cf69b52.jpeg

Church copy: https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=568866

mar22_777a.jpg.403132ed08f741edc2c917466addb674.jpg

I was watching that as well. I am hoping Heritage has not tweaked the colors as I agree that they are fantastic. Congrats on your gorgeous book!

Anyone know how the Canadian version is valued in comparison to the US version? I have a pretty strong Canadian copy:

Marvel%20Tales%2096%20canadian_zpshs90ti

Edited by Artboy99

22 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I went hard after that Frazetta Famous Funnies, but dropped out at 4.5 times guide.  I think it went for 6 times guide

I went to $2500 and the final result proves I am clueless.

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I went to $2500 and the final result proves I am clueless.

well when you consider latest GPA data: a CGC 7.5 sold for $1445 in July 2017...a year ago. I think my estimate of around $2000-$2500 was pretty good. I didn't expect that result at all!

4 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

auction total $5,496,5056.00...prediction 6,001,000.00   as I recall one the lowest totals

Well, I believe we still have tomorrow to go which should add a bit more to the total. (thumbsu

You can also add in another $560 plus BP for one of the lots which I am still leading in, as I just had to bid it up by a further $200.  :mad:

Now, I feel absolutely 100% confident that I will be winning this lot considering that I've gone totally bonkers and bid almost 8X condition guide for this book.  :whee:OR NOT.  :censored:

22 hours ago, N e r V said:
On 8/2/2018 at 3:27 PM, RickHigh said:

Check this one out in the upcoming Comiclink auction. Gotta feeling it will break 10K.... 

RADF0375201881_113351.jpg

25-30k?

Well, if that Church copy of Seven Seas 6 which I wanted so much (or only 30% of it would seem :cry:) managed to fetched $25K, then this classic cover by Cole should also hit that mark easily.  (thumbsu

Although one of the distracting factors I find about this cover is all of the wording that kind of gets in the way of an otherwise masterfully crafted image.  :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine

I figured the 25-30k was a good starting point. I think it will break 30k and depending on the mood might really hit an amazing number.

If you don’t like the wording you might try and find one of the original LB Cole recreations. I know Heritage did offer one for sale in the past. I know I wish I had him do more art than what I bought at the time.

2509E965-E5AB-47B7-884E-C66E9798718D.jpeg.2a64aebb081db14afc813c153303a76f.jpeg

16 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I figured the 25-30k was a good starting point. I think it will break 30k and depending on the mood might really hit an amazing number.

If you don’t like the wording you might try and find one of the original LB Cole recreations. I know Heritage did offer one for sale in the past. I know I wish I had him do more art than what I bought at the time.

2509E965-E5AB-47B7-884E-C66E9798718D.jpeg.2a64aebb081db14afc813c153303a76f.jpeg

I guess this all-picture image looks a lot better with not only the removal of the cumbersome wording, but also from the removal of part of her encumbering outfit.  :bigsmile:

20 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Nope. It went through fair warning and closed and then the “glitch” as they were advancing to next book. 

30 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
21 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Nope. It went through fair warning and closed and then the “glitch” as they were advancing to next book. 

They've decided to cancel the auction and relist the book in November.