• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Wow Ewan that is a great set of badges.

Your post immediately got me thinking as I know I had some of these. Then I remembered I had some on a jacket when I dressed up as Vivian for a fancy dress party back in 80's and then again in the early 90's:

Vivian.jpg

I suspected it might have been chucked but it turned up at the back of a wardrobe:

VivianJacket.jpg

So I have badges G and R !!

haha - great story

i'm not sure which is better: the badges or the fact that you dressed up as Vyvian for a party!

I was always more of a Neil fan myself

happy to buy the badges if you're selling ;)

One terrific auction in eBay UK. Unfortunately I am sure that it will end well above my upper bid (shrug)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180977677353

8 CGC books in 9.8 is pretty impressive (thumbs u

I have to state that this is not my auction and I deliberately make a heads up for the other board members :hi:

One terrific auction in eBay UK. Unfortunately I am sure that it will end well above my upper bid (shrug)

I have to state that this is not my auction and I deliberately make a heads up for the other board members :hi:

Well thank you for the unsolicited plug - very nice thing to do. :)

The auction is now finished and the 8 books went for just £210 - HOWEVER this low price is kind of what I was expecting - and they have gone to a very good home. So after selling much of my Miracleman collection (again) here's my views -

WHITE HOT

9.9s

No.15 raw in nice shape (often sell higher than graded - strangely)

Full sets

Hard-backs

HOT

Fanzines

No. 23 & no.24 raw in nice shape

Original L Miller Marvelman (what I'm collecting now)

9.8 Sig series

Promo's

TPBs

COOLED

9.8 normal - just about every issue inc. no.15 and no.24

COLD

1-10 raw, 17-22 raw

Any graded under 9.8

I don't watch the OA market so don't know?

thoughts?

BTW, I contacted a key source about the MM re-launch - he described it all as "fanboy speculation" or words to that effect...

The auction is now finished and the 8 books went for just £210 - HOWEVER this low price is kind of what I was expecting - and they have gone to a very good home.

I think not allowing US buyers really hurt the selling price, though :shrug:

The auction is now finished and the 8 books went for just £210 - HOWEVER this low price is kind of what I was expecting - and they have gone to a very good home. So after selling much of my Miracleman collection (again) here's my views -

WHITE HOT

9.9s

No.15 raw in nice shape (often sell higher than graded - strangely)

Full sets

Hard-backs

HOT

Fanzines

No. 23 & no.24 raw in nice shape

Original L Miller Marvelman (what I'm collecting now)

9.8 Sig series

Promo's

TPBs

COOLED

9.8 normal - just about every issue inc. no.15 and no.24

COLD

1-10 raw, 17-22 raw

Any graded under 9.8

I don't watch the OA market so don't know?

thoughts?

BTW, I contacted a key source about the MM re-launch - he described it all as "fanboy speculation" or words to that effect...

I think I mostly agree with this. I have struggled to sell some cgc9.6's and even some cgc9.8 so the market seems to have dropped a little. However, I did sell two CGC 9.6 earlier in the year and quite a few raw copies more recently for a modest amount more than I originally paid.

The later Alan Moore/Totleben issues are always popular, #24 (as you say) and also #1 "Gold" always attracts interest; the s/s books are a bit hit and miss: some go for mega-bucks but some are just not selling (but I think that is down to them being over-priced in some cases).

Shame if what you say is true about MM re-launch. There was a rumour there would be an announcement this Fall/Autumn but maybe Marvel have not been able to broker deals with the all the early artists (Davis especially as he was very unhappy with the Eclipse reprints as they were against his wishes and he didn't receive any royalties for them!).

Looks like a green light to continue the series but reprinting the Warrior material is still an issue unless an agreement with the likes of Leech and Davis can be brokered.

Note that Davis refused to sign at least 2 MM comics at Ohio last month so he still has problems with the Eclipse Warrior reprints (I thought I would take a chance with all the rumours that a deal might have been made with him but alas they are being returned unsigned).

Fingers crossed though, if it is just an issue with missing royalties then we may see a re-print, if Davis has other issues then we might see something else. I can certainly see Marvel trying pretty hard to get a full reprint; they could make a mint on #15 with variants (1:200 sketch cover etc). :wishluck:

In my quest to re-read stuff I haven't read in a long time, I just finished 1-16 .. my eyes are bloodshot and I'm still in awe of just how good Moore was on these. I also remember the horribly long wait between 15 and 16 thanks to a letter in the back of 17 :)

In my quest to re-read stuff I haven't read in a long time, I just finished 1-16 .. my eyes are bloodshot and I'm still in awe of just how good Moore was on these. I also remember the horribly long wait between 15 and 16 thanks to a letter in the back of 17 :)

I have got to find all the issues from that series. I've only been able to find a few.