• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Who has the top miracleman set in the registry and does the registry just go up to #16 or do I have to buy all of them to be a big dog?

I want to be number 1 and am thinking about THREE BIG purchases, but I'm not so much into the Neil Gaiman. Please Help!

You need to buy them all and then some

Yep - a full CGC 9.8 blue label set of MM #1-24 plus the 3-D special won't even get you in the top 5.

Yeah you wont even beat mschmidt's reserve set and it's not even complete!

This is a hard set to compete in unless you have nearly all the set in S/S and a 9.9 as well :(

Edited by Neeidea

Who has the top miracleman set in the registry and does the registry just go up to #16 or do I have to buy all of them to be a big dog?

I want to be number 1 and am thinking about THREE BIG purchases, but I'm not so much into the Neil Gaiman. Please Help!

You need to buy them all and then some

Yep - a full CGC 9.8 blue label set of MM #1-24 plus the 3-D special won't even get you in the top 5.

Yeah you wont even beat mschmidt's reserve set and it's not even complete!

This is a hard set to compete in unless you have nearly all the set in S/S and a 9.9 as well :(

I'm just going to collect #1's and warrior magazines. I didn't realize Mschmidt had the #1 9.9 (and I didn't know there were other 9.9s?!)

plus I'm a registry n00b so I get confused easily, but the latter is irrelevant.

Here's the top set:

Top MM set

There are zero 9.9 #1's at the moment. The top set (above) has #17 in 9.9. The rest are 9.8 with a large number of Signature Series - Signature Series is worth 10% more in the registry so a #1 in 9.8 is 80 points and a 9.8 s/s is 88 points (say one signed by Garry Leach). Note: a 9.9 would be worth more if it existed. The most valuable comic for registry points is #15 which is worth 616 points in 9.8 s/s and 700 points in 9.9. Each of the top four or possibly five registry sets has a 9.8s/s or a 9.9 #15.

With so many sets competing here, 9.8 s/s is almost the standard with a 9.9 thrown in if you can find one.

As Ewan was saying this set is simply too hard to compete in.

Edited by Neeidea

hm so how many points would a *spoon* sketched number #9 get?

I guess it would be in keeping with the content but would look a little odd without the rest of the mother and maybe spoil the ambience of the cover scene....maybe 2.5?

If anyone cares,

I got this in the mail today from probably one of the greatest board members.

photo3_zps55bcef80.jpg

I've decided to sell my Warrior Magazines , Leach signed #1 and have given up on the registry. When I get time I'll take some good pictures of the #9, which I plan on keeping with this #1 UK Variant.

He has made it clear in the past that he's not willing to sign Miracleman issues.

Thank you, when I googled I couldn't find any results and was really just looking for some facts!

I won't waste my time!

Ironically I do have a copy of X-Men Archives Featuring Captain Britain signed by Alan Davis - I say ironic as this issue has a cameo from Young Miracleman (called "Rick") - so about as close as I can get to him signing a Miracleman book... hm

Not from the Miracleman Series, but Totleben slipped in a tribute to Miracleman & V on this page from Moore's unpublished Lux Brevis. The page was drawn in 1985, prior to Totleben starting his Olympus arc.

81pc.jpg

The art for the rest of the story is here - you can read it all since Totleben wrote the -script text into the word balloons.

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=147807

Edited by pkveronese