• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Anyone else think it's ridiculous that Marvel is relaunching Miracleman as a regular monthly...? So...we're supposed to wait TWO YEARS to finally get any new material? I don't understand how they can expect to maintain hype for that long when reprinting older material. IMO, it would make much more sense to release the first 24 on a weekly schedule, and then go to monthly with issues 25+.

I think it would be ridiculous if they are reprinting stories that have been well-read over the years and are familiar. This is different, though, as most comic fans either have never heard of it or never read it; thus it will be like a brand new series to 99.9% of people out there. Consequently, it should hold its own as a "new title" and "new story" if the art and story itself holds up, which I think it should. For the select few of us who have read the story before, you are right... we'll just be waiting till the new stuff. But I think we're the minority, and Marvel knows it. Of course time will tell.. If they muck up the launch or don't get traction early, then maybe they'll rethink their strategy.

You just know they are gonna launch with a load of variant covers :facepalm:

Already in the wind.

Why...do you have one?

:takeit:

Not for sale: http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=17368&GSub=1199

I got it from talking in this thread about how I wanted to be a Miracleman collector and a great board member offered it and a few other books I passed on to me!

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

Hmmm, little worried about the lack of posts here in over a week (0), with #1 coming out tomorrow. Did people forget or lose interest? I don't buy moderns but will be picking up a copy tomorrow.

I thought the same.... as normally a very passionate Miracleman fan for nearly 30 years I find myself a bit removed from this Marvel relaunch. Maybe because it has taken so, so long... maybe because it's essentially just reprints... or maybe it's all those silly Marvel variant covers trying to seduce me...

Hmm

While I anticipate no.25 I can't help but be turned off by this churning money machine with it's glossy paper and computerised colouring...

Maybe it's all just another one of Gargunza's dreams...

Still, I'll probably buy a copy ;)

Picked up mine this morning but haven't looked at it yet. Surprised at the cover price of $5.99 for basically a reprint.

I think you can still pick up the original #1 for it's cover price. lol

Just read the relaunch. It was actually very nice taking my time reading the story again. But, also, they had a lot of old stories and some art that Leach used in the creative process. My Warrior #2 cover that I had scanned for Marvel is in their as well. I didn't know they were going to put that in there, but it's pretty cool (and nice to see my name credited :).

Anyway, I was psyched to buy these, high cover price and all, and read a comic "off the rack" for the first time in literally almost 20 years. It was a good feeling. Enjoy it guys!

Hari

Gotta say I am not surprised by this.

Liz Moran Wears Knickers In Miracleman – But Only In The Digital Version

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/15/liz-moran-wears-knickers-in-miracleman-but-only-in-the-digital-version/

I know it's only the Digital version being censored, but it still fells wrong to me.

Anyone know how often the issues will be coming out? I thought I read that it will be more than once a month.

First two issues come out 2 weeks apart (i.e. issue two January 29th), then monthly like any other book after that. I suspect those books will be regular size and cheaper too, as these first two issues have a lot of "extra stuff" in them.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/15/liz-moran-wears-knickers-in-miracleman-but-only-in-the-digital-version/

I know it's only the Digital version being censored, but it still fells wrong to me.

It is of course "wrong", but I guess because the internet is not protected they don't want to get in trouble? Who knows. There's gonna have to be a lot of censoring in the later issues, issues 9, 14 and 15.

Hmmm, little worried about the lack of posts here in over a week (0), with #1 coming out tomorrow. Did people forget or lose interest? I don't buy moderns but will be picking up a copy tomorrow.

I thought the same.... as normally a very passionate Miracleman fan for nearly 30 years I find myself a bit removed from this Marvel relaunch. Maybe because it has taken so, so long... maybe because it's essentially just reprints... or maybe it's all those silly Marvel variant covers trying to seduce me...

Hmm

While I anticipate no.25 I can't help but be turned off by this churning money machine with it's glossy paper and computerised colouring...

Maybe it's all just another one of Gargunza's dreams...

Still, I'll probably buy a copy ;)

I feel the same way. I won't be buying till the new stuff comes out.

Pat

I read #1 - really enjoyed it.

I didn't like the prologue, but I've never really been a fan of Mick Anglos work.

The Alan Moore stuff looked beautiful. It was great reading it again. I love this series.

PLUS a board member hooked me up with some signed copies today in the UK so when I get that I'll post a family shot of all of my different versions of Miracleman #1.

It is of course "wrong", but I guess because the internet is not protected they don't want to get in trouble? Who knows. There's gonna have to be a lot of censoring in the later issues, issues 9, 14 and 15.

lol. #9 should be interesting.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=17388&GSub=1199

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=17388&GSub=1199

OMG! :roflmao:

I read #1 - really enjoyed it.

I didn't like the prologue, but I've never really been a fan of Mick Anglos work.

The Alan Moore stuff looked beautiful. It was great reading it again. I love this series.

PLUS a board member hooked me up with some signed copies today in the UK so when I get that I'll post a family shot of all of my different versions of Miracleman #1.

People keep talking about it as a prologue, but it's an integral part of the story as you know. This is the bridge between the past and the present, and their memories of how they got their powers and how they were superheroes back then, and how they were "destroyed" is the most fascinating link Alan Moore created. I too always felt it odd, but no other character has needed such a bridge. I guess they could have kept it simpler and just said he was trapped in ice all those years, ala Captain America, or taken over by an alien power like Jean Grey/Phoenix or costume like Spidey/Venom, but I think Alan came up with something a bit more creative ;)