• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

IMO, the $5.99 price tag for the first issue was a mistake. Too pricey and diminishes the possibility of an impulse buy by casual readers. Eclipse had the right idea back in 1985: Sell the first issue CHEAP and hook 'em! As it is, I believe there's a good chunk of the audience that's waiting for the trade. And it's the trade format where this series should flourish. Marvel finally has their evergreen title (a la DC's WATCHMEN, DKR, V FOR VENDETTA, et al)...MIRACLEMAN should become a mainstay on LCS' shelves like those titles. Hope Marvel can build off of this, as their handling of their back catalog has been painfully inept.

^^

I just saw this

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1088375

Oh Man, Oh man, Jealously.

I would also like to give a big you to all of you owners of original art of MM.

Oh man that Mick Austin piece is so cool!

Yup, that's a nice one.

I just picked up MM 3. Certainly seems like you get your money's worth this time at least. More story this round!

I know a lot of people will think I'm silly to buy an ad, but I've wanted a copy of Eclipse Extra 44 since the 90s when I first heard it existed. Never even seen one in the real world before. So I was more than happy to grab this puppy up to finally satisfy the want after so many years. :cloud9:

EclipseExtra44front_zps0a28b5d2.jpg

When did you get it?

Just tonight. From TopNotch on eBay. Just happened to see it and was like, "Oh hello...." [click click tappity tap....and pay!]

Ya, I've been eyeing it myself, going back and forth if I should buy it or not. Thankfully you made the decision for me. lol

I think I'll stick to trying to complete my MM proper collection in 9.8.

My White wales are #16 and #23 in 9.8. :cloud9:

When did you get it?

Just tonight. From TopNotch on eBay. Just happened to see it and was like, "Oh hello...." [click click tappity tap....and pay!]

Ya, I've been eyeing it myself, going back and forth if I should buy it or not. Thankfully you made the decision for me. lol

Glad to oblige! :grin:

I've been tempted to try cobbling together a 9.8 set of MM proper myself. But to now had been satisfied enough with 15 and 24. Anyway, that will be quite the set for you once complete. Hell, it already is even with the two issues remaining! (worship)

When did you get it?

I've been tempted to try cobbling together a 9.8 set of MM proper myself. But to now had been satisfied enough with 15 and 24. Anyway, that will be quite the set for you once complete. Hell, it already is even with the two issues remaining! (worship)

Any body have any ideas on how much I should be prepared to fork over for 9.8's of 16 and 23? I'm guessing at least $500 for 23.

When did you get it?

Any body have any ideas on how much I should be prepared to fork over for 9.8's of 16 and 23? I'm guessing at least $500 for 23.

hm

Not sure on prices, but 16 shouldn't be too tough to track down. Out of all the Olympus books, it seems like this one is the most common at shows. Dealers always have 16's.

When did you get it?

hm

You never disappoint. lol I figure if anyone on the boards have a 9.8 of #23 it would be you.

Not sure on prices, but 16 shouldn't be too tough to track down. Out of all the Olympus books, it seems like this one is the most common at shows. Dealers always have 16's.
Rly? hm

On the subject of #16 How much should I expect to pay for a 9.8? (shrug)

Here's hoping I can get one for this much. :wishluck:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dmiracleman%26x%3D3%26y%3D5%26ItemType%3DCB&id=997462

But I'm guessing that sold price is more of a Anomaly than the norm.

If you dont want to go the e-book route, I would simply suggest buying an average condition run off ebay for $200 or whatever it goes for these days. Read it and then sell it on ebay again. Worst case scenario you'll lose $20 or so. Ya might even make a little money.

That's a good point. I might just do the quick read and flip. The problem is, if I end up liking the series as much as I think I will, I will want to keep them. foreheadslap.gif

Don't forget Alan Moore and John Totleben are famous in that series too.