• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard
3 3

311 posts in this topic

What a trip!

Spoiler

Defiant, Enterprise C, Warbird Bounty and Voyager - nice homage.

WTF is up at Daystrom??

Tribbles, Kirk and Picards Body plus a Genesis weapon.......

There's a remake right there........ lets hope that this is where the show is going - put 2 of those together = instant reboot on current timeline. Genius!  (see in spoilers)

Aaand..... the gang is back together again.

Unreal how good each episode is. The small details like the crow from Data’s dreams were great and how cool was it to see Moriarty again? 

Was I the only one who got choked up when Data turns his head and says “Geordie?”

And then, the face of Lore…

Absolutely off the hook and we still have four more episodes. 

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 3/20/2023 at 6:53 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Just watched E5, and have arrived at a few conclusions ...

• I don't want this season to end
  • I can't believe I teared up when Roe made the sacrifice
  • Starfleet compromised? Well, that brings back memories of ...

Consp2.jpg

Consp1.jpg

Consp3.jpg

I loved that episode. Way back in my early years of watching it, I wondered why they didn’t go down this espionage/conspiracy route a few more times. Despite the limitations of practical effects, I always loved the concept behind this episode.

That last scene with Troi: is Vadic using a Changeling to deceive Riker? (for those who do not know the actress who plays Vadic:  Amanda Plummer is the daughter of the [late] great actor and fellow Canuckle Christopher Plummer)

Tonight's rampant speculation ...

Spoiler

Does Vadic have something to do with Project Khan? You do remember the Picard Season 2 finale ...  

Vadic.png

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

I do find this WAY better than season 1 or 2, but I still feel it's just barely watchable.  Jean Luc is just not the same character, I know age has much to do with it but even Shatner doesn't look or sound as old.  Feels a little hokey and forced to me, although I do appreciate that they came up with a reason for Data/Lore/B4 to look old and fat now.  I think as soon as I find out just who Vadic is I'll be satisfied enough to quit watching. 

Keep in mind this is coming from a rabid TNG fan who still watches it + DS9 and ENT on repeat constantly.

On 3/27/2023 at 1:09 PM, Mystafo said:

I do find this WAY better than season 1 or 2, but I still feel it's just barely watchable.  Jean Luc is just not the same character, I know age has much to do with it but even Shatner doesn't look or sound as old.  Feels a little hokey and forced to me, although I do appreciate that they came up with a reason for Data/Lore/B4 to look old and fat now.  I think as soon as I find out just who Vadic is I'll be satisfied enough to quit watching. 

Keep in mind this is coming from a rabid TNG fan who still watches it + DS9 and ENT on repeat constantly.

But this is precisely the main reason why Stewart returned as Picard for another season: to see what age has done to these characters as their life paths continued long after TNG ended. He wasn't interested in doing a show that tried to capture the spirit and energy of TNG when it ran. Barely watchable? BARELY WATCHABLE? Good sir, you are missing a refined homage.

On an act of breathtaking hubris - Amazon has made episode 7 available only as a 'buy' option in Australia - the first 6 were included with Prime.

Thats pretty much me done with amazon for good.

Absurd

Capture.thumb.JPG.3187ecb91711fd259ed81e426541b2e6.JPG

On 3/27/2023 at 2:43 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Barely watchable? BARELY WATCHABLE? Good sir, you are missing a refined homage.

100%

To each their own, but if you can’t find enjoyment in what this season of Picard is doing, you have an unfillable hole the size of the Delphic Expanse in your Xindi heart.

On 3/31/2023 at 4:00 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I was hoping we'd finally find out about Jack's visions, but the &%$#@^ left us with a small cliffhanger! It was good to see Tuvok, even as a Changeling. Dang, Spiner nailed Lor!!

I LOVE when Brent Spiner plays Data and Lore, he's so great at changing his emotions even after all these years. And Geordi pleading with him - man, what a great scene with just those two. They are definitely doing fan service, but man - they are doing it in all the right ways.

Seems Amazon is letting Aussies watch this week.

2 questions:

Why whenever a Federation Starship is boarded, is the crew utterly useless?

Was Marina Sirtis actually drunk during filming?

Great bits:

Spoiler

PS: Vadic, again, steals the show. Zinger exit!

PPS: Here come the Borg!

Behind the door is Locutus himself - the piece that remained in Jean-Luc needs a body to become Locutus again.

As Capt Shaw said : "The only Borg so deadly they gave him a god damn name".

Edited by Beige

On 3/31/2023 at 4:57 PM, Dr. Balls said:

100%

To each their own, but if you can’t find enjoyment in what this season of Picard is doing, you have an unfillable hole the size of the Delphic Expanse in your Xindi heart.

Sorry I can't stomach the modern pablum that they call "star trek" today...the fact that they have to have a "Trek Universe" intro to the shows a la Marvel is so stupid.  I did get a little warmth in my heart when the old crew was all sitting around the table together.

You all are just too easily entertained.

Edited by Mystafo