• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Frazetta's Famous Funnies #209 - #216
12 12

429 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2024 at 7:00 AM, Landerian said:

I did expect this book to reach above $40K...perhaps in a more favorable economic climate, it would have?

Not sure how the economic climate can be anymore favorable when you've got unemployment at a decades low, inflation dropping back down, and all 3 of the major stock market indicies setting new record closes on an almost daily basis. hm  (shrug)

On 2/11/2022 at 6:41 PM, lou_fine said:

For those of you here who are fans of the Frazetta Famous Funnies cover artwork, another boardie just PM me with this HA listing they saw:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/memorabilia/comic-related/frank-frazetta-famous-funnies-portfolio-russ-cochran-1975-/a/322206-47159.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116

Memorabilia:Comic-Related, Frank Frazetta Famous Funnies Portfolio (Russ Cochran, 1975)....

Memorabilia:Comic-Related, Frank Frazetta Famous Funnies Portfolio (Russ Cochran, 1975)....

Not sure about the price point here at $576, but I believe this is probably somewhere in the ballpark as I have seen them sell from $400 up to the $900 price range in past years.  Also not sure if the recent upsurge in prices for the underlying Frazetta Famous Funnies books would result in an increase for this type of related collectible, but definitely a poor man's way of acquiring a gorgeous example of Frazetta's classic artwork without having to pay 5-figures for some of these individual issues here. :luhv:  (thumbsu  

Just wish that I had been made aware of this Heritage Auction listing while it was still active, instead of after it had already ended.  :frustrated:

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the boring question, but I thought I would ask the experts :) Do you know of any FF 214 prints, or if these exist outside of this set....I can't seem to find this set plus wondering if they might crazy prices now if I do find....I know Frazetta Girls do a print but its in black and white. Thanks for any pointers :) 

On 3/21/2024 at 3:22 PM, BFA1971 said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the boring question, but I thought I would ask the experts :) Do you know of any FF 214 prints, or if these exist outside of this set....I can't seem to find this set plus wondering if they might crazy prices now if I do find....I know Frazetta Girls do a print but its in black and white. Thanks for any pointers :) 

214 Print was only produced as part of the set.  I'm not aware of any other set or authorized printing of the 214.

The color design for these was done by Frazetta and produced under license by Russ Cochran.  They look great.

On 3/21/2024 at 8:00 PM, adamstrange said:

214 Print was only produced as part of the set.  I'm not aware of any other set or authorized printing of the 214.

The color design for these was done by Frazetta and produced under license by Russ Cochran.  They look great.

Hi Adamstrange, thank you ever so much for letting me know. Knew I would get definitive expert advice here:) I will try to see if there is a set for sale especially as 214's are still through the roof and might not come down....Thanks again :)

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2024 at 1:05 PM, BFA1971 said:

I will try to see if there is a set for sale especially as 214's are still through the roof and might not come down....Thanks again :)

If I remember correctly, I received a PM from fellow boardie, @sfcityduck, about 2 years ago since I had expressed interest in acquiring a set.  :gossip:

I already acquired another set in the interim, but you should try to contact him to see if his set is still available and if he still wants to part with it.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/21/2024 at 1:19 PM, lou_fine said:

Not sure how the economic climate can be anymore favorable when you've got unemployment at a decades low, inflation dropping back down, and all 3 of the major stock market indicies setting new record closes on an almost daily basis. hm  (shrug)

Consumer confidence index is down. Lot’s of uncertainty in the tech/business sector. Not saying that has an impact on someone spending $30k on a comic book. But perhaps those who may have been bidding 18 months ago felt better about putting that money into the market since it's, as you say, setting new record closes almost daily?

On 3/21/2024 at 3:23 PM, lou_fine said:

If I remember correctly, I received a PM from fellow boardie, @sfcityduck, about 2 years ago since I had expressed interest in acquiring a set.  :gossip:

I already acquired another set in the interim, but you should try to contact him to see if his set is still available and if he still wants to part with it.  (thumbsu

Sorry, sold that set.  The prints are way better than the comics if you want to be able to look at them up on a wall. More durable and no worries.

On 3/21/2024 at 4:35 PM, Landerian said:

But perhaps those who may have been bidding 18 months ago felt better about putting that money into the market since it's, as you say, setting new record closes almost daily?

The only problem with looking at indicies is that it can oftentimes be a bit misleading, especially if you are not invested in the right stocks.  :frown:

Perfect case in point being the big runup in the stock markets on this current bull run which was dominated by the Magnificent 7 for 2023 and now trimmed back down to the Fab 4 for 2024, when in actual fact it's probably really all about the Great 1 right now.  (thumbsu  :wishluck:

On 3/21/2024 at 10:23 PM, lou_fine said:

Oh my gosh thank you so much :) I will ask :):)

On 3/22/2024 at 4:01 AM, sfcityduck said:

Sorry, sold that set.  The prints are way better than the comics if you want to be able to look at them up on a wall. More durable and no worries.

Thank you very much for letting me know for kindly taking the time to respond to this :) hope you have  good day! Awesome to hear that they look wonderful! If I can find one it is good to know they will look great!

On 3/20/2024 at 7:40 PM, Ian Winner said:

I bid on a CGC 2.5 #210 last weekend on a HipComic auction and it only went for $799. Seems low compared to slightly better books that sold in January for significantly more. But not low enough that I was going to bite on it. A 5.0 214 went for close to $4K which is significantly below a similar copy from Feb 2023 but still on par or above prices from 3 or 4 years ago. A lot of books in this auction underperformed so some of it may have been the venue. But probably some price deflation here as well.  

Does anyone know how to navigated Hip comics to find this sale?  I have tried for the last hour and can't find it.  Did it exist? 

On 3/22/2024 at 2:01 PM, WolverineX said:

Does anyone know how to navigated Hip comics to find this sale?  I have tried for the last hour and can't find it.  Did it exist? 

Could it have been some weird Best Offer option? Its says $930.75 online. Sorry I cant figure out Hip Comic either.

image.jpeg.5f6a95cd750ee26e807079fc3205bd74.jpeg
Famous Funnies #210 (1954) CGC 2.5 Frank Frazetta cover! in Comic Books > Golden Age (1938-55)
US$930.75

On 3/20/2024 at 4:40 PM, Ian Winner said:

I bid on a CGC 2.5 #210 last weekend on a HipComic auction and it only went for $799. Seems low compared to slightly better books that sold in January for significantly more. But not low enough that I was going to bite on it. A 5.0 214 went for close to $4K which is significantly below a similar copy from Feb 2023 but still on par or above prices from 3 or 4 years ago. A lot of books in this auction underperformed so some of it may have been the venue. But probably some price deflation here as well.  

Well, from my own personal POV, the primary reason is the wrong venue as most collectors tend to go to the Big 3 when it comes to GA books.  :gossip:

Heck, I've never really heard of this auction platform and as others have stated here, clearly NOT the best site to be working with:  :facepalm:

On 3/22/2024 at 7:01 AM, WolverineX said:

On 3/22/2024 at 8:02 AM, BFA1971 said:

Could it have been some weird Best Offer option? Its says $930.75 online. Sorry I cant figure out Hip Comic either.

On 3/22/2024 at 12:24 PM, WolverineX said:

does this sale even exist?  

https://www.hipcomic.com/listing/famous-funnies-210-1954-cgc-25-frank-frazetta-cover/14631776

https://www.hipcomic.com/listing/famous-funnies-214-1954-cgc-60-white-pages-frank-frazetta-cover/14631716

Sorry for the delay...here were the listings. I actually bid on 210 but didn't win. I believe this site is legit but have never successfully won an auction on here before. Its pretty impossible to navigate but I saw an ad on CGC for this auction and was surprised by the quality of books. Not sure even if you are a dealer why you wouldn't go to one of the big three with these books...but I see dumb stuff like this all the time. That is why it pays to check other sites out...

On 3/22/2024 at 8:02 AM, BFA1971 said:

image.jpeg.5f6a95cd750ee26e807079fc3205bd74.jpeg
Famous Funnies #210 (1954) CGC 2.5 Frank Frazetta cover! in Comic Books > Golden Age (1938-55)
US$930.75

It looks like they had all of these books posted at a fixed price on the site then when they didn't sell conducted an auction. Generally I don't find books I like on Hipcomic (a lot of garbage and overpriced books...but this one auction had some pretty solid books in it.) 

Edited by Ian Winner

On 3/22/2024 at 3:52 PM, Ian Winner said:

https://www.hipcomic.com/listing/famous-funnies-210-1954-cgc-25-frank-frazetta-cover/14631776

https://www.hipcomic.com/listing/famous-funnies-214-1954-cgc-60-white-pages-frank-frazetta-cover/14631716

Sorry for the delay...here were the listings. I actually bid on 210 but didn't win. I believe this site is legit but have never successfully won an auction on here before. Its pretty impossible to navigate but I saw an ad on CGC for this auction and was surprised by the quality of books. Not sure even if you are a dealer why you wouldn't go to one of the big three with these books...but I see dumb stuff like this all the time. That is why it pays to check other sites out...

gotcha, so that's a 6.0 for 5700 not a 5.0 for 4k?  

On 3/27/2024 at 8:00 AM, BFA1971 said:

What's with the FF 214 in 9.0 on eBay for 105K?

It means that the owner of the 9.0 will make a LOT more money than the owner of  the 9.2 did.