• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Frazetta's Famous Funnies #209 - #216
12 12

429 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2023 at 12:56 AM, Telegan said:

I saw a 5.0 CGC Famous Funnies sell on MCS a couple of days ago for around $900.  I can't tell if they got a steal or prices are trying to reset.  A lot of those mid and lower grade prices in that issue are basically the same.  Lots of price compression in them.

which issue? 213?

On 11/30/2023 at 6:38 AM, WolverineX said:

I saw a 5.0 CGC Famous Funnies sell on MCS a couple of days ago for around $900.  I can't tell if they got a steal or prices are trying to reset.  A lot of those mid and lower grade prices in that issue are basically the same.  Lots of price compression in them.

which issue? 213?

It was a #209, probably the softest of the eight books price-wise, and sold in an MCS auction running through the Thanksgiving holidays. I wouldn't head for the hills just yet.

Prices are starting to soften, I'm going to aggressively buy the full Run

On 11/30/2023 at 11:11 AM, WolverineX said:

How many more do you need?

Just #212 and I'm done. But if prices ever seriously drop across the board, I'd consider upgrades to the tougher ones. They're such great covers to look at, it's hard to imagine getting completely tired of them.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:19 AM, Point Five said:

Just #212 and I'm done. But if prices ever seriously drop across the board, I'd consider upgrades to the tougher ones. They're such great covers to look at, it's hard to imagine getting completely tired of them.

https://giphy.com/gifs/the-simpsons-excellent-mr-burns-8fen5LSZcHQ5O

Good thing I already have a 212.  However I will also upgrade if the price is really do start dropping.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:19 AM, Point Five said:

They're such great covers to look at, it's hard to imagine getting completely tired of them.

I haven't, going on a few decades.

On 11/30/2023 at 5:38 AM, WolverineX said:

which issue? 213?

Duh.  Like @Point Five said, it was a #209.  I forgot to include the issue # like a goof.  I went back and added it to my post.

Here's a link to the auction result with scans : https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=59945820

Edited by Telegan

Ahh, just seeing the breaking news now on GPA -- prices on Famous Funnies #212 are in ABSOLUTE FREEFALL. If you RACE to the marketplace forum and list your FF #212 at a massive discount before everyone else does, you might, I stress MIGHT, just make a few bucks back.  :wishluck: :wishluck:

On 1/29/2024 at 9:34 PM, WolverineX said:

any of these books coming up for sale soon?

MCS has a few as BIN or best offers and Heritage I think has a few of the issues in auctions concluding in a few days.

On 1/29/2024 at 7:34 PM, WolverineX said:

any of these books coming up for sale soon?

I think the 213 on feebay in VG is supposed to be ending any hour now (if it hasn't already).