• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC v CBCS v PGX
1 1

129 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Although we value an open forum where users can discuss issues that affect the hobby, we do not allow our message boards to be used to promote our competitors.

Neither CBCS nor PGX are really being "promoted" here.

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon
greggy is a dork

Just now, JollyComics said:
6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

That's not true.  You're older.  I'm the victim. (:

Age doesn't matter. My own 10 years old daughter is bullying me since she was BORN!

Wrong!  Not bullying... she has been daughtering you.

When CGC first started, their purple labels were absolute steals.  In my opinion, and it's one backed by a rather large wallet, is CBCS books are where those purple labels were in 2001. Is it a coincidence that the biggest CBCS bashers tend to have the largest CGC inventory?

23 minutes ago, shadroch said:

When CGC first started, their purple labels were absolute steals.  In my opinion, and it's one backed by a rather large wallet, is CBCS books are where those purple labels were in 2001. Is it a coincidence that the biggest CBCS bashers tend to have the largest CGC inventory?

internet-of-things-muddy-waters.jpg

51 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Is that ok to rebuke both CBCS and PGX?

I don't see why not as long as one is not slandering them. Saying they produce an inferior service/product to CGC is just voicing an opinion (one that most us agree with).

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I created the topic. I assessed both comments. Your responses have done nothing to make any progress from my POV. Goading responses from that poster would have done nothing for me to assess the posters' POVs, either. This is why I asked you to stop. And, again, I'm asking you to stop.

Absolutely nothing personal about my comments. It was relevant information and you were asking for information.

I think most people like to gather as much information as they can before making a decision 2c

8 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Can you elaborate on these, please?

Are you saying that CBCS' turnaround time is 6 months, and they'll mark your book "Signature Series" without validating it?

When did Newton Rings start becoming a problem with CGC? Or has this always been a potential problem?

There are ALOT of threads to talk about here. Just search here. You will find plenty of them. Welcome to the boards!

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Beckett  :foryou:

Now, I understood what other thread was implying about the Metropolis Comics' lawsuit against this company.  I am crystal clear that CBCS WAS losing the edge before Beckett purchased the company.  See everything HERE.

Edited by JollyComics