• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique Roadshow/Pawn Stars Appraisal
5 5

192 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2024 at 9:46 AM, Comics-n-ERB said:

It was odd to me also at the time that there were not any Actions or Detectives with all the Superman's and Batman's.  Especially with all the World's Finest in the mix you would of thought he would have the other titles.  I had asked him at the time and he said that was all he had kept for all these years.  Being a Military man, I wondered if he had lost a suitcase over the years moving around. 

When I was very young, one of my dad’s WWII buddies brought over a small box of comics he got on a troop ship coming back from Europe and gave them to me and my brother. They were very well read and most I’d never heard of. We did recognize Batman and Superman but most I didn’t know of.

Sadly, they went to the trash can along with the rest of my childhood collection after I moved out of the house. Glad to see yours survived and are in good hands!

Edited by Robot Man

I have two videos of the collection after I put all the books in Mylar.  I tried to load them here but I haven't been able to.  If there is a way and you want to explain it to me I will try. 

If anyone would like to see them you can message me with your email address and I can send them to you.

On 1/31/2024 at 10:26 AM, Comics-n-ERB said:

I have two videos of the collection after I put all the books in Mylar.  I tried to load them here but I haven't been able to.  If there is a way and you want to explain it to me I will try. 

If anyone would like to see them you can message me with your email address and I can send them to you.

tbh I've only found that to load videos here, you first have to upload to a 3rd party like youtube :cheers: then the upload works :) 

On 3/26/2024 at 2:05 PM, littledoom said:

OA at 3:00

Mixed reaction! But ya $400 and then today's value at a better estimate than what he paid. If he paid that much, I was originally thinking his purchase was more recent, but I guess not! That and it sounded as though he had more at home, so good for him. :)