• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,072 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

..and I picked up a hefty dose of assorted high weirdness today, too

image.jpeg

Gene! Is there no competition in your hometown?! I think you need me to come down there and give you a run for your money! Nice pick ups as usual.

JF

1 hour ago, Patriot6 said:

Gene! Is there no competition in your hometown?! I think you need me to come down there and give you a run for your money! Nice pick ups as usual.

JF

Thx JF; you're always welcome, but lack of competition is not what's up -- I was beat to the punch this week on an ASM129 locally, and there was a week I won't forget last year where I missed HOS 92, Tec 359, FF52 and Roy Rogers 1 each by a day. :ohnoez:

1 hour ago, Chadwick said:

lol that is just awesome. What's the interior like?

It's black and white, and thin. But the book is tall and wide, like a GA Dell. I can shoot some interiors after the kids go to bed. I just stumbled across the cover on eBay and was stunned it wasn't an established classic. Then I realized it was Australian, so I figured there's not a huge number of copies in circulation. Comicjack posted issue 6 of the same title recently in one of the GA threads. That's the only other one I've seen. They are not expensive, but ought to be as they have some classic covers that are under the radar, and they are not common.

5 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

It's black and white, and thin. But the book is tall and wide, like a GA Dell. I can shoot some interiors after the kids go to bed. I just stumbled across the cover on eBay and was stunned it wasn't an established classic. Then I realized it was Australian, so I figured there's not a huge number of copies in circulation. Comicjack posted issue 6 of the same title recently in one of the GA threads. That's the only other one I've seen. They are not expensive, but ought to be as they have some classic covers that are under the radar, and they are not common.

Cool book and some have crazy ads on the inside of the back covers

Just now, Readcomix said:

You have a few? Maybe we need a foreign GA thread...

I think there is one in the GA  past threads if not mistaken or one could be started  

9 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Sorry for the delay, here's a look. 24 pages counting cover, no ads, the rest is black and white. Inside front cover and both back covers are story pages.

image.jpeg

Spoiler

image.jpeg

No worries, interesting "Crime Does Not Pay" ad on the bottom of the page hm 

23 minutes ago, Chadwick said:

No worries, interesting "Crime Does Not Pay" ad on the bottom of the page hm 

I was thinking that....bears research into the Australian version of that title...like I need more options to collect.....

Edited by Readcomix
Missing letter

On 3/31/2017 at 6:52 PM, Patriot6 said:

JF

Cool, love the Julie Doucet stuff, I used to be a big fan of Dirty Plotte but haven't kept up with her in a while. Great books!

Ok, the last time I did a mini-con report in the thread, it worked out ok, so let's try again!

When I was at Lexington Comic & Toy Con last month, a couple of vendors recommended Gem City CC in Dayton OH, saying that it was a comics only show, with no wrestlers, power ranger, etc eating up space and money. So I made the 2 hour drive up from Louisville on Saturday, and enjoyed the show! Nice sized show with a decent selection of vendors, selling a wide range of material. I didn't bring a lot of cash (because Lex mostly wiped me out) but I hit the bargain bins with gusto, and am quite pleased with the pickups!

First, some nice cheap picture frames.

Photo Apr 02, 8 44 29 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 02, 8 37 37 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 02, 8 37 39 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 02, 8 37 40 PM.jpg