• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,092 posts in this topic

Well, I could use some help.

I've recently started reading Robert E. Howard's Conan stories. Today while in a thrift store I found 30 Marvel Magazine Conan comics.Conan2.JPG.9a1d19731cc1797a9911ddfbcd1a0d0b.JPG

So my first question is: Are these anything? I'm stoked to read them because they should provide great D&D inspiration.  My second question: How do I care for these? I normally get Mylites for my comics. Do Mylites come in this large size? Anything else I should know?

7 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I've recently started reading Robert E. Howard's Conan stories. Today while in a thrift store I found 30 Marvel Magazine Conan comics.Conan2.JPG.9a1d19731cc1797a9911ddfbcd1a0d0b.JPG

So my first question is: Are these anything? I'm stoked to read them because they should provide great D&D inspiration.  My second question: How do I care for these? I normally get Mylites for my comics. Do Mylites come in this large size? Anything else I should know?

For one thing, they are awesome! You can find magazine size Mylars and boards at HotFlips.

8 hours ago, Yoshi said:

Generally speaking, aside from ultra high grade copies sought by collectors finishing their runs, they usually aren't worth much. BUT, as Oak said, they are GREAT comics with gorgeous covers, and terrific to own. I bought a stack at a yard sale for 50 cents a piece a couple of summers ago, and I keep them in the bathroom for a bit of light reading. ;) But seriously, it's a great series.

5 hours ago, oakman29 said:

For one thing, they are awesome! You can find magazine size Mylars and boards at HotFlips.

Hey thanks. 

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Generally speaking, aside from ultra high grade copies sought by collectors finishing their runs, they usually aren't worth much. BUT, as Oak said, they are GREAT comics with gorgeous covers, and terrific to own. I bought a stack at a yard sale for 50 cents a piece a couple of summers ago, and I keep them in the bathroom for a bit of light reading. ;) But seriously, it's a great series.

Cool. I'm looking forward to reading them. Sounds like I don't need to break my back trying to collect everything.

Was at HPB and was selling some stuff to them and went to look at the comics, this one made me lol so I bought it for a buck ;) definitely not 9.8 lolmeh 

IMG_20170325_0001.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, nepatkm said:

Punisher War Journal #39 (1st series)

6 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Some Punishers (2016) variants added

Your seriously going for the gold on the Punisher :cloud9:

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Your seriously going for the gold on the Punisher :cloud9:

lol My primary focus...

:gossip:....More Punishers on the way next week. :whee:

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

Thank you! Remember my story about the record dealer? This was the last remnant of that OA collection he had acquired. (Except the Tip Tops. Got them from another vendor on the way out of the flea market.)

You're a machine Gene!