• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

Well that was a semi-entertaining Episode 5 with a show that is only six episodes long.

And there is a mid-credits scene. It confirms what someone said a page back about a shield.

13 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

I think it's less about the character more about the actress. Someone with Julia Louis Dreyfus' comedic chops would be hilarious opposite Thor after seeing Ragnarok.

Still. Great you enjoy the actors. There has to be a strong story purpose in bringing the characters together, right?

Otherwise it is cosplay in seeing two characters you find very interesting standing together for photos.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

tenor.gif.ca1d8aeaf25627fff6769a2e922eadae.gif

:baiting:

And glad I was wrong. Madame Hydra makes way more sense in a tightly written series than another wandering wayward character in a series full of wandering wayward characters. She also makes way more sense than introducing another superhero to distract from the real story of this episode: Sam powering up.

It wasn't very smart, though, of the Defense officials to throw John Walker to the wind like that. The guy's a super soldier now, a crazy super soldier, but super all the same. You could, nay should, do something with that, and Walker seemed willing to soldier on. Makes sense for someone like Evil Elaine to sneak in and take advantage of the opportunity.

Would still like to see Rick Jones show up somehow in the MCU. In the comics, he's the kid who brought the Avengers together.

Great episode. What's in the box? A vibranium battle suit?

15 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Great episode. What's in the box? A vibranium battle suit?

That was leaked a few weeks ago.  Not hard to guess and it's barely a spoiler to me since I expect that many of us assumed something like this might be coming, but here's what it is:

Spoiler

The leak was of action figures based upon the Disney Plus shows.  Each figure comes with a piece of Cap-themed wings that attach to the back of a Falcon figure wearing a Cap-themed costume.  It was easy to guess because Falcon wore a Cap-themed costume and wings in the comics, too, so it was a safe bet they'd do something similar in the show.

As soon as Walker ripped off Falcon's wings I knew why they had him do it, but I didn't guess that it would be Bucky who would be the one to make them Cap-themed.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That was leaked a few weeks ago.  Not hard to guess and it's barely a spoiler to me since I expect that many of us assumed something like this might be coming, but here's what it is:

Hide contents

The leak was of action figures based upon the Disney Plus shows.  Each figure comes with a piece of Cap-themed wings that attach to the back of a Falcon figure wearing a Cap-themed costume.

maxresdefault.jpg

Are John Walker's accessory hands giving us the bird aka the finger?

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Are John Walker's accessory hands giving us the bird aka the finger?

I'm guessing they're pointing finger hands.  Past Cap action figures have come with the same hands.

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Civil-War-Captain-

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Kills you that you were mistaken again on real history. It's okay. Yet even when facts are presented, you convince yourself otherwise. That's not okay.

Cool. Cool.

Next are you gonna' claim that fans rejoiced at the casting announcements of Michael Keaton as Batman and Heath Ledger as Joker too?

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Looks like the middle finger.

Found a better image--actually they're fist hands, and what looks like a middle finger is the peg that ports into the wrist.

Spoiler

u7b7g1kavhp61.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Found a better image--actually they're fist hands, and what looks like a middle finger is the peg that ports into the wrist.

Hide contents

u7b7g1kavhp61.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg

I see it now. Thanks.

The Sam Wilson Captain America suit is right out of the comics, so that's cool. He needs a helmet to protect his brain, though.

44 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Still. Great you enjoy the actors. There has to be a strong story purpose in bringing the characters together, right?

Otherwise it is cosplay in seeing two characters you find very interesting standing together for photos.

Does there though? I feel like the MCU was built on gratuitous cameos and easter eggs. I haven't watched the episode yet, so I don't know what narrative purpose she serves, but the quote was opposite a worldshaker LIKE Thor, not Thor explicitly. I'm not even a fan of Dreyfus' I find Seinfeld near unwatchable, but funny people opposite Thor seems to always land. A secret agent opposite Thor would probably be funny in it's own right though. Imagine someone doing a covert ops mission with Thor and he just bifrosts his way down, superhero poses, or hammers his way right through the front door and totally blows their cover. Seems like something someone somewhere would like to see whether or not it's compelling cinema. (shrug)

31 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Cool. Cool.

Next are you gonna' claim that fans rejoiced at the casting announcements of Michael Keaton as Batman and Heath Ledger as Joker too?

It truly is killing you. You totally forgot the risk Mel Gibson took in supporting RDJ which paved the way for his comeback.

But you go on. Throw more distractors out. That debate techniques works. I think. (: