• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

People who look up to Captain Marvel are the same people who think the stripper actually likes them.

I would think fans of Captain Marvel don't really frequent strip clubs. I just don't see that part of the population as her demographic.

12 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I would think fans of Captain Marvel don't really frequent strip clubs. I just don't see that part of the population as her demographic.

I'm a little sad that you continue to believe that people didn't like the movie because she is a strong female character.

Watch Wonder Woman 1 again, she's a strong female character and the movie had much better music;) :fear: 

22 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Watch Wonder Woman 1 again, she's a strong female character and the movie had much better music;) :fear: 

I loved the first Wonder Woman movie. I liked the music, too. I've seen the movie multiple times.

Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel are very different movies, if we're going to compare. Wonder Woman stood out for its heavy drama and the emotional crescendo of Steve Trevor's death which leads to Diana powering up. Captain Marvel along with Ant-Man and the Wasp, sandwiched between the very dramatic and heavy films Infinity War and  Endgame, were meant to be more like palate cleansers and be fun adventure movies with less at stake dramatically  than the two major event Avengers films.

Wonder Woman was able to be its own movie and up the dramatic stakes and really be whatever kind of movie it wanted to be. Captain Marvel and Ant-Man and the Wasp could not be their own movies, especially coming off Infinity War and with Endgame on the way. They had to act more as fun diversions from the sorrow of those Avengers movies as well be introductions to new characters and such. In essence, Captain Marvel had to play off the sorrow of Infinity War and possibly Endgame and not be so serious. Wonder Woman did not have to play off any movie and could be whatever it wanted to be.

If people prefer more heavy drama in their movies, it's coming in Captain Marvel 2.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Based on...?

My speculation. I think a comparison might be going from Captain America First Avenger to Captain America Winter Soldier. I think we see the same level of transition from fun first movie to serious sequel. We can already guess that Maria Rambeau's death from cancer and the animosity Monica seems to have for her Aunt Carol (as we saw in WandaVision) will be story factors.

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

My speculation. I think a comparison might be going from Captain America First Avenger to Captain America Winter Soldier. I think we see the same level of transition from fun first movie to serious sequel. We can already guess that Maria Rambeau's death from cancer and the animosity Monica seems to have for her Aunt Carol (as we saw in WandaVision) will be story factors.

So, it's not coming. You just believe it's coming. (thumbsu

14 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Even with your track record? :whatthe:

I can't recall my track record in these forums, but I've been saying elsewhere that the general trajectory of the MCU is based on Kevin Feige saying he wants more diversity in the MCU, one way or another. From that I surmised that Marvel had big things in store for Sam Wilson, one of the few major black male Marvel superheros besides T'Challa. That's why I purchased high grade Sam Wilson keys years ago, like the undervalued Captain America 117. And I was right. Sam is going to be the new Captain America.

Kevin Feige has told us what he wants to do. He said he wants Captain Marvel at the forefront of the MCU. To do that, Marvel is going to need to take her story seriously going forward. We already saw elements of that in WandaVision, particularly with Maria's death from cancer and and Monica's feelings towards Carol. If the rumor is correct that Korvac will be the big villain in Captain Marvel 2 or at least will be introduced, then that's even more stuff. An old rumor said that Korvac has a past relationship with Carol, again possibly upping the dramatic stakes for Carol going forward.

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I can't recall my track record in these forums, but I've been saying elsewhere that the general trajectory of the MCU is based on Kevin Feige saying he wants more diversity in the MCU, one way or another. From that I surmised that Marvel had big things in store for Sam Wilson, one of the few major black male Marvel superheros besides T'Challa. That's why I purchased high grade Sam Wilson keys years ago, like the undervalued Captain America 117. And I was right. Sam is going to be the new Captain America.

Kevin Feige has told us what he wants to do. He said he wants Captain Marvel at the forefront of the MCU. To do that, Marvel is going to need to take her story seriously going forward. We already saw elements of that in WandaVision, particularly with Maria's death from cancer and and Monica's feelings towards Carol. If the rumor is correct that Korvac will be the big villain in Captain Marvel 2 or at least will be introduced, then that's even more stuff. An old rumor said that Korvac has a past relationship with Carol, again possibly upping the dramatic stakes for Carol going forward.

Definitely Mephisto. Definitely!

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Please don't be offended, but Monica is a much more sympathetic and engaging character than Carol. I'd like to see her as the star of a movie.

Maybe she is the one who is going to appear, she's not an Avenger...!

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Although I don't trust them after the Wanda Vision "big reveal" ...I'm thinking it's going to be the ghost of Tony Stark...:) and everyone will get mushy.

But as Kirk Lazarus from 'Tropic Thunder' just to steam up the super-woke SJW portion of the MCU fanbase.

KIRKLAZARUS.JPG.145758fdbe16854502f7821df4a00553.JPG

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But as Kirk Lazarus from 'Tropic Thunder' just to steam up the super-woke SJW portion of the MCU fanbase.

KIRKLAZARUS.JPG.145758fdbe16854502f7821df4a00553.JPG

Can we just respect the risk RDJ took with this role. Imagine reading it...it could have gone horribly wrong.

**Callaway29 asks himself if he can even make this comment without provoking emotional responses, but does anyways**