• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

At this point in time, and coming off the Falcon and Winter Soldier series, there is more momentum for a Captain America 4 featuring Sam Wilson as the new Cap. So, Captain America 4 featuring Sam Wilson would do just as well as a Cap 4 movie featuring some past story/alternative timeline story featuring Steve Rogers which is what it would have to be. Either way, if it's a Cap America movie, there'd be enough guest stars in the film to pad the movie to make it appealing whether you're opposed to a black Captain America or not.

I'd rather not give out my age but I'm old enough to have grown up reading printed page comic books and to be able to afford to be a CGC collector. How's that.?

We just disagree on everything so I am just going to bow out ever talking to you about this, have a good day.  

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

At this point in time, and coming off the Falcon and Winter Soldier series, there is more momentum for a Captain America 4 featuring Sam Wilson as the new Cap. So, Captain America 4 featuring Sam Wilson would do just as well as a Cap 4 movie featuring some past story/alternative timeline story featuring Steve Rogers which is what it would have to be. Either way, if it's a Cap America movie, there'd be enough guest stars in the film to pad the movie to make it appealing whether you're opposed to a black Captain America or not.

I'd rather not give out my age but I'm old enough to have grown up reading printed page comic books and to be able to afford to be a CGC collector. How's that.?

Who’s opposed to a black Captain America? No a single person has alluded to that but you continuously make these statements.  

2 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Who’s opposed to a black Captain America? No a single person has alluded to that but you continuously make these statements.  

Plenty of people are opposed to Sam Wilson being Captain America. Many of these same folks wanted Bucky.

When I said "whether you want a black Cap or not", I didn't mean if NewWorldOrder is opposed to it, I meant "you're" in general. I'm not trying to make it a racist thing, I'm trying to make it a "the MCU isn't going to reboot with a new Stark and Rogers" thing.

Sam Wilson being Captain America, however, is very much a race thing. A lot of black MCU fans love it just as there are a lot of people out there who do not approve of it and would probably even rather see John Walker as the new Cap. But that's not what I'm arguing and I absolutely have not been continuously alluding that my "MCU won't reboot" argument is a race thing at all.

12 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

We just disagree on everything so I am just going to bow out ever talking to you about this, have a good day.  

It's just as well because nobody is going to convince me that the MCU is going to reboot or should reboot because a passing of the mantle of legacy heroes won't work. I think it will work. End of argument for me.

15 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

The problem is not Sam as Captain America. He's great, but the writers from that series need to be :censored:canned.

Edited by D84

18 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Well if you mean this is something I've alluded to in past posts not pertaining to this current debate, then yeah, you're right. But that's what the FWS show was about. It was a major theme. Isaiah Bradley himself says it point blank in Episode 5. But I never said anyone here is opposed for those reasons. I know if I do (which is equatable to accusing a member here of being racist) I'll get thrown in CGC Boards prison again.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

This thread needs a new focus.

dragons_Arrived.JPG.ad57526fe7864abda0ead79ef5a5c37e.JPG

I'll go first:

"You don't know about me without you have read a book by the name of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer; but that ain't no matter. And then the dragons arrived!" 

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn 

"Daddy, I'm tired," the little girl in the red pants and the green blouse said fretfully.  And then the dragons arrived.

Firestarter - Stephen King

12 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

On May 7, 1931, the most sensational manhunt New York City had ever known had come to its climax.  And then the dragons arrived.

How to Win Friends & Influence People -- Dale Carneige

:roflmao:

That will certainly influence them!

12 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Well if you mean this is something I've alluded to in past posts not pertaining to this current debate, then yeah, you're right. But that's what the FWS show was about. It was a major theme. Isaiah Bradley himself says it point blank in Episode 5. But I never said anyone here is opposed for those reasons. I know if I do (which is equatable to accusing a member here of being racist) I'll get thrown in CGC Boards prison again.

This last statement makes it clear if not for that governor on your discussion engine, you would cut loose and accuse forumites of being misogynist and racist to prove your point.

That's not a healthy mindset to maintain. And that is not a personal attack by me on you. That is reality after months of observing your counter-point approach toward differing views.

9 hours ago, D84 said:

I really would have rathered they went the route that no cared what about the color of Sam's skin. If I want to be reminded how awful people can be, I'd watch the news.

Marvel could have shown us how much better life would be if we treat everyone as equals.

Except no one would relate to that as it isn't realistic in any way. We already have enough fantasy in these films and shows. It's the reality aspects that pull us in.

48 minutes ago, Hawkman said:

Except no one would relate to that as it isn't realistic in any way. We already have enough fantasy in these films and shows. It's the reality aspects that pull us in.

I respect that it pulls you in. When I watch a comic book movie, I want escapism.

Social messages have always been there, but subtly has been lost recently. If they could stop hammering the message in, like we are too stupid to get the point, I would enjoy it more.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Sam Wilson has already replaced Steve Rogers as Captain America in official Marvel tie-in marketing.

Oh my God! You are really going from thread to thread posting this?

The previously announced The United States of Captain America comic series will introduce a ton of new characters to carry the shield and the name with Marvel Comics confirming yet another new Captain that will appear. Announced today, the publisher has revealed Joe Gomez, the Kickapoo Tribe’s own Captain America, will be making his debut in the series. Created by Lipan Apache writer Darcie Little Badger and Qalipu Mi’kmaq First Nation artist David Cutler, Joe Gomez will debut this August in the third issue. In a statement, Cutler said: “I can't really express the pride I feel being a part of the team that gets to introduce Joe to the world. The Marvel Universe is the biggest stage there is, and bringing a new First Nations hero to that venue means more than I can say.”

“Something I love about Joe is his day job. It represents everything he stands for as a hero,” Little Badger added. “See, Joe Gomez is a construction worker, a builder in a world plagued by destruction. Every time a spaceship crashes into a bridge or a supervillain transforms a whole city block into rubble, people like Joe make things whole again. Work like that may seem thankless, but Joe genuinely enjoys helping his community survive and thrive. That's why he won't charge elders for home repair services (the Joe Gomez senior discount is 100%). That's also why he's willing to risk his life to save others. I know lots of people like Joe--many of them my Indigenous relatives--so it was wonderful to help develop a character with his values, strength, and extreme crane-operating skills.”

united-states-of-captain-america-3-1267279.jpeg.a3a24730ff59ee6416d78b4e83e816ed.jpeg

Uh-oh. Watch out, Sam. :ohnoez:

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

That would be kinda awesome if one day Sam passes the mantle to a Native American. This could be a major key issue one day. It's a dumb outfit but you never know.

You do realize that is attempting to honor Native American ceremonial dress that you just referred to as 'dumb'. Right?

united-states-of-captain-america-3-3-1267277.jpeg.01ae6416d04147cf5f9a2b93b90d5d59.jpeg