• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Tony Stark died in Avengers Endgame. If Marvel Studios recasts the character to play Iron Man again, it means a reboot or start over of the current MCU.

But you see, this is where the MCU may have made the right decision. With the death of Tony Stark what remains/is pending to fill the void?

1) War Machine: We have the Armor Wars series coming. So it keeps the Iron Man excitement going.

2) Ironheart: Rather than transitioning to a new Iron Man for now, the MCU brings forward a black woman.

3) WHAT IF...?: This will be the alternate way to keeping Iron Man going.

Guaranteed in the future, there will be an MCU 2.0 where it circles back to the traditional characters. But for now it can keep the home fires burning concerning Iron Man to remind fans one day they will see him again.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Guaranteed in the future, there will be an MCU 2.0 where it circles back to the traditional characters. But for now it can keep the home fires burning concerning Iron Man to remind fans one day they will see him again.

And I say they won't. Is Disney going to one day do Star Wars 2.0 and remake New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi with new actors? I would hope not. That's kind of what you're saying Disney is going to do with Marvel.

15 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

And I say they won't. Is Disney going to one day do Star Wars 2.0 and remake New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi with new actors? I would hope not. That's kind of what you're saying Disney is going to do with Marvel.

Again, recasting and rebooting are not the same. There have been persistent rumors of a Luke series on Disney+ staring Sabastian Stan as Luke. Before that, there had been rumors of Disney recasting all three of the mains.  They already recast Han. So never say never.

Also with Star Wars those were new and fresh characters.  In that case actors help shape the character much more than someone being cast to emulate a characters who's look and traits have been long established. Which is what happens with comic characters.  

Edited by drotto

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think you missed the point because emotionally you are too connected to seeing only your views on these things. Step back and reflect on the conversation.

1 hour ago, drotto said:

Again, recasting and rebooting are not the same. There have been persistent rumors of a Luke series on Disney+ staring Sabastian Stan as Luke. Before that, there had been rumors of Disney recasting all three of the mains.  They already recast Han. So never say never.

Also with Star Wars those were new and fresh characters.  In that case actors help shape the character much more than someone being cast to emulate a characters who's look and traits have been long established. Which is what happens with comic characters.  

^^

Exactly! Like Marvel Comics has done with these characters across a few reboots of the Marvel Universe, it would be odd to ignore the same thing happening in the future with the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well. Why should future general audience members not experience their own Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, etc.? Because it has been done already? That's very close-minded thinking.

Edited by Bosco685

15 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I think you missed the point because emotionally you are too connected to seeing only your views on these things. Step back and reflect on the conversation.

^^

Exactly! Like Marvel Comics has done with these characters across a few reboots of the Marvel Universe, it would be od to ignore the same thing happening in the future with the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well. Why should future general audience members not experience their own Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, etc.? Because it has been done already? That's very close-minded thinking.

When Tom Holland became Spider-Man, they did not reboot him.  They assumed audiences had seen the other movies, knew the basic origin story and just started telling new stories.  Let me stress, character was recast, and new stories were told.  If you do not think those old Spider-Man movies are quasi canon, then why are Tobi McGuire, and Andrew Garfield rumored to be other versions of Spider-Man in the next movie!!

So also welcome to the multiverse! Rumors are that this is how they are going to handle X-Men and FF.  The Fox movies are not necessarily going to be ignored and erased, they are going to be alternate Earths. So by extention recasting for all, since they are recognizing the other actors.   There have even been some whispers that certain actors from Fox may keep their roles.

Edited by drotto

16 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Okay. Again, what Marvel Studios is doing is something completely different from what's happened before. For the past 12+ years, Marvel Studios has been creating and wants to continue to create a living breathing Cinematic Universe that has no ending. That's the goal. That's the dream. They want their Marvel Cinema Universe to span possibly hundreds of connected movies and Disney+ episodes that tell a (generally) single connected story and where you find its Chapter One in the first Iron Man movie. And if you want to tap into this story, you'll find the library on Disney+. To just scrap it all and reboot everything from scratch would destroy that continuous library that Disney/Marvel Studios wants to build.

Think of the MCU like America's story. Tony Stark is like George Washington, Steve Rogers is like Thomas Jefferson, Thor is maybe Ben Franklin. These guys are the Founding Fathers of the MCU, but it doesn't end with them. New talented individuals come along to add to the story.

The MCU wants to be that. A cinematic universe that continues to grow and doesn't start over.

The MCU will not reboot. That's the plan anyway.

$ makes any company change their course of action.

Here you go they can do "Heroes Reborn".   Boom, all the new actors for the each character are back from the dead. Its not like comic book reboot the series or anything.

By your logic Disney would buy DC and shelf Superman, Batman, and Wonder-Woman after Endgame for trash characters like Aqua-lad and Tim Drake lol 

Let me give you some common sense logic.

1. Disney will reboot Star Wars with a new cast in my lifetime because most people like the original characters only, especially the Skywalker's because the new trilogy was so terrible.  

2. Disney will use Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor over and over again with their original names

3. DC Movies will be terrible besides Batman

4. Marvel doesn't have an endless supply of characters after the main ones from 60/70's, and a couple from the 80's/90's.  Most of the new characters from 2000 till new are either complete trash or reverse gender embarrassments.   I do like Miles Morales, but let face it he is not some original character either.  Squirrel girl and the Young Avengers wont make my Disney shares go up, trust me on that, but I will buy and flip those books to buy real books with sure.

5. The main difference is you see these new characters as future movies and I see them as Disney+ series to fill time with.

6. Again not saying Iron Man or CAP need to come back anytime soon, prob not till the 2030's because of X-Men/FF but rest assured they will be back.  Disney is not about to let those characters sit on the shelf too long and be dead money because no one wants to see Iron Man's daughter on the big screen.  That movie already flopped and it hasn't been made yet.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

^^

Exactly! Like Marvel Comics has done with these characters across a few reboots of the Marvel Universe, it would be odd to ignore the same thing happening in the future with the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well. Why should future general audience members not experience their own Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, etc.? Because it has been done already? That's very close-minded thinking.

Stop!  Your logical and correct thinking is not allowed here lol 

So let me ask some of you here honestly.....

Who here actually thinks Disney/Marvel will be okay with going forward this happening for longer than 10 years.

Falcon is now the new Captain America

Iron Man's daughter is the new Iron Man 

Jane Foster is the new Thor

Young Avengers replace the Avengers 

Really, is that something that is going to set the world on fire?  

While we new at it, how about Disney never uses Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker again cause of course no one anymore wants to see more of them in movies. Come on man!

Edited by NewWorldOrder

13 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

So let me ask some of you here honestly.....

Who here actually thinks Disney/Marvel will be okay with going forward this happening for longer than 10 years.

Falcon is now the new Captain America

Iron Man's daughter is the new Iron Man 

Jane Foster is the new Thor

Young Avengers replace the Avengers 

Really, is that something that is going to set the world on fire?  

While we new at it, how about Disney never uses Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker again cause of course no one anymore wants to see more of them in movies. Come on man!

One edit: They've already announced West Coast Avengers (too).

Edited by Gatsby77

18 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Hey @valiantman- any way to do a quick search on whether there are any Dolph Lundgren Signature Series Punisher books?

No, the CGC Census tells us how many signature series books, which grades, but not who signed them.

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I say that Marvel and Disney are confident enough in their storytelling and hype abilities to continue to tell compelling tales within the MCU without having to resurrect Tony Stark or Steve Rogers somehow.

This is such a dumb take I can't tell if you're just intentionally trolling.

Again, Marvel - under Feige's leadership - has demonstrated an amazing willingness to recast actors already.

And with the coming multiverse literally all bets are off. Between the next Doctor Strange movie and Spider-Man movie alone, we'll see multiple actors portraying the same superheroes, albeit likely from different dimensions, as a way to introduce general audiences to the idea - within the MCU (since that seems to matter so much to you).

19 minutes ago, valiantman said:

No, the CGC Census tells us how many signature series books, which grades, but not who signed them.

Found one!

There's currently a copy of Daredevil # 183 on eBay signed by Frank Miller, Klaus Jansen, Charlie Cox, Jon Bernthal, and Dolph Lundgren.

I could not, however, find any Ben Affleck Sig Series Daredevil books. :(

24 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

This is such a dumb take I can't tell if you're just intentionally trolling.

Again, Marvel - under Feige's leadership - has demonstrated an amazing willingness to recast actors already.

And with the coming multiverse literally all bets are off. Between the next Doctor Strange movie and Spider-Man movie alone, we'll see multiple actors portraying the same superheroes, albeit likely from different dimensions, as a way to introduce general audiences to the idea - within the MCU (since that seems to matter so much to you).

No I’m not trolling and I’m amazed so many people here think Marvel Studios is going to reboot the MCU because they’ll run out of super-heroes. I understand Disney wants to keep characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, or Black Panther going. And the way they do that while keeping the MCU growing and not having to start over is to do what they’re doing right now, making these characters a mantle that is passed from one generation to the next. Thirty years from now, kids aren’t going to care if it’s Tony Stark or Joanie Stark behind the armor. You can continue to have a Black Panther but it can be a new and worthy king or queen  of Wakanda. And if the comic story has to come first, you introduce the character in the comics and then let them make their MCU debut years later. They’re already doing it with Kamala Khan and Kate Bishop. Audiences in 2040 aren’t going to care if Clint Barton is or isn’t Hawkeye. As far as business merchandising goes, it’s the costume that sells on lunch boxes. Kids in 2035 aren’t going to say “oh I’m not buying that Black Panther backpack because he’s not T’Challa behind that mask!” I don’t get why this is so hard for you guys to grasp. The old days of a superhero trilogy then we reboot it all are over. For Marvel Studios anyway.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

^^

What’s close-minded thinking is thinking that audiences won’t embrace a future Iron Man, Captain America, or Black Panther unless it’s Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, or T’Challa behind the mask. That right there is lazy thinking and is a losing mentality that says the only way forMarvel to succeed is to wash rinse and repeat because only Tony Stark and Steve Rogers matter and you can’t win without them. Wrong.

22 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

No I’m not trolling and I’m amazed so many people here think Marvel Studios is going to reboot the MCU because they’ll run out of super-heroes. I understand Disney wants to keep characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, or Black Panther going. And the way they do that while keeping the MCU growing and not having to start over is to do what they’re doing right now, making these characters a mantle that is passed from one generation to the next. Thirty years from now, kids aren’t going to care if it’s Tony Stark or Joanie Stark behind the armor. You can continue to have a Black Panther but it can be a new and worthy king or queen  of Wakanda. And if the comic story has to come first, you introduce the character in the comics and then let them make their MCU debut years later. They’re already doing it with Kamala Khan and Kate Bishop. Audiences in 2040 aren’t going to care if Clint Barton is or isn’t Hawkeye. As far as business merchandising goes, it’s the costume that sells on lunch boxes. Kids in 2035 aren’t going to say “oh I’m not buying that Black Panther backpack because he’s not T’Challa behind that mask!” I don’t get why this is so hard for you guys to grasp. The old days of a superhero trilogy then we reboot it all are over. For Marvel Studios anyway.

This is where you are losing everyone.

No one freakin wants to see Joanie Stack or Kate Bishop.  Stop your non-sense.  These characters are trash.

All the characters you have mentioned aren't that well liked or cared about currently besides Miles Morales.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

What’s close-minded thinking is thinking that audiences won’t embrace a future Iron Man, Captain America, or Black Panther unless it’s Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, or T’Challa behind the mask. That right there is lazy thinking and is a losing mentality that says the only way forMarvel to succeed is to wash rinse and repeat because only Tony Stark and Steve Rogers matter and you can’t win without them. Wrong.

Correct they wont.   Rinse and repeat? They literally have barely explored these characters and other possible storylines.

Let me ask you.

What is going to make more money at the box office.

Spider-Woman or Spider-man? 

8 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

No one freakin wants to see Joanie Stack or Kate Bishop.  Stop your non-sense.  These characters are trash.

The comics and animation has already shown people do not want these characters. 

56 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Correct they wont.   Rinse and repeat? They literally have barely explored these characters and other possible storylines.

Let me ask you.

What is going to make more money at the box office.

Spider-Woman or Spider-man? 

I’d think Marvel Studios would do a SpiderWoman Disney+ show first, but if Marvel made a Spider-Woman intro film that ties in with the MCU storyline and has MCU veteran guest stars like a couple Avengers or something then I’d bet a Spider-Woman movie would do quite well, actually. Versus the most popular superhero on the planet her numbers would be a little short I’d think but I still think she’d do well. A Miles Morales Spider-Man movie might do even better.

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

All the characters you have mentioned aren't that well liked or cared about currently besides Miles Morales.

Kate Bishop is trash? Lol. Okay.