• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bentbryan said:

They introduced time travel and the multi-verse inside the MCU so I would say all options are still on the table.  With X-men and FF coming they can put Iron Man on the shelf for a bit but I would imagine he’ll be back in some form or another.  

Yes sir!  It's literally that simple. ^^

12 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It’s also as simple as just creating new interesting characters (like a descendant) or having established characters step in to carry on the mantle!

Creating new and loved characters is simple? Tell that to ever talented person that has written a failed book, comic, TV show, or Movie. If so, characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Wolverine, Superman, Batman, and so on, would be emerging virtually daily. IP's are valuable because doing that is extremely hard. You are still insisting that Marvel is some sort of magic character generating machine. Marvel has created over 8000 characters, how many A - list exist out of those?  Maybe 15 to 20.  The reason is because making top tier characters is very hard, and often you need to go through 1000's of ideas before even one sticks. You are acting like every new MCU character will be a guaranteed home run, the history of entertainment shows that is extremely unlikely. 

This thread needs a new focus.

dragons_Arrived.JPG.ad57526fe7864abda0ead79ef5a5c37e.JPG

I'll go first:

"You don't know about me without you have read a book by the name of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer; but that ain't no matter. And then the dragons arrived!" 

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn 

1 hour ago, drotto said:

Creating new and loved characters is simple? Tell that to ever talented person that has written a failed book, comic, TV show, or Movie. If so, characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Wolverine, Superman, Batman, and so on, would be emerging virtually daily. IP's are valuable because doing that is extremely hard. You are still insisting that Marvel is some sort of magic character generating machine. Marvel has created over 8000 characters, how many A - list exist out of those?  Maybe 15 to 20.  The reason is because making top tier characters is very hard, and often you need to go through 1000's of ideas before even one sticks. You are acting like every new MCU character will be a guaranteed home run, the history of entertainment shows that is extremely unlikely. 

Tony Stark would have continued to be the boring billionaire behind Iron Man that he's been in the comics for decades unless Marvel Studios and Robert Downey Jr had made him a fun, charming, hilarious jerk on the silver screen. Tony Stark is only a household name because Marvel Studios made him as such. You talk as if he's been a household pop cultural iconic household name for decades. Who the heck had heard of Groot before James Gunn made him one of the most lovable characters in pop culture today? Yes, Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios have the magic touch. But even they know better than to tempt fate and try to replicate a Tony Stark that Robert Downey Jr perfected and can't be matched.

Again, Iron Man is only a billion dollar IP because Marvel Studios and Robert Downey Jr made him that way. Ryan Gosling Jr or whoever you think should be recast in the role will only screw it up.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

This thread needs a new focus.

dragons_Arrived.JPG.ad57526fe7864abda0ead79ef5a5c37e.JPG

I'll go first:

"You don't know about me without you have read a book by the name of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer; but that ain't no matter. And then the dragons arrived!" 

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn 

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show. And then the dragons arrived!"

- David Copperfield

I'm out. Impossible to argue with a person that can't even acknowledge logical points by multiple people, keeps moving the goalposts, and always comes back with the same arguments.

See everyone in other threads!!!!!

Have fun storming the Castle

Edited by drotto

"When Mr Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventyifirst birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton. And then the dragons arrived."

Now this is the movie I'd like to see...

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It’s also as simple as just creating new interesting characters (like a descendant) or having established characters step in to carry on the mantle!

All the new characters you love are just different genders or ethnicities of the same character with the same powers.  You complain about lazy writing/creative talent creation, and thats all we have now.

So good luck with that. :wishluck:

There isn't much left to create beside's "Super Safe space gender bathroom neutral binary person."   Coming this summer 2021 to a LCS near you, and then canceled by fall 2021! 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

4 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

All the new characters you love are just different genders or ethnicities of the same character with the same powers.

So good luck with that. :wishluck:

There isn't much left to create beside's "Super Safe space gender bathroom neutral binary person."   Coming this summer to a LCS near you, and then canceled by fall 2022! 

ComicsGate and other anti-diversity groups successfully trolled Marvel Comics, which was led by Marvel's Social Justice Commander-in-Chief himself Ike Permutter (sarcasm) who was against any diversity anyway, into ditching its move towards diversifying its characters. The same trolls tried to sink Captain Marvel's movie with several YouTube hate videos and review bombing her movie at Rotten Tomatoes and they failed. Kevin Feige will not be bullied into giving up on Sam Wilson's Captain America or Kate Bishop's Hawkeye. They are here to stay for at least another 10 years of the MCU.

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

ComicsGate and other anti-diversity groups successfully trolled Marvel Comics, which was led by Marvel's Social Justice Commander-in-Chief himself Ike Permutter (sarcasm) who was against any diversity anyway, into ditching its move towards diversifying its characters. The same trolls tried to sink Captain Marvel's movie with several YouTube hate videos and review bombing her movie at Rotten Tomatoes and they failed. Kevin Feige will not be bullied into giving up on Sam Wilson's Captain America or Kate Bishop's Hawkeye. They are here to stay for at least another 10 years of the MCU.

Sure on Disney+, which is fine.  Kevin Feige isn't truly working on these characters, his main focus is on the FF and X-Men.  He is giving the scraps to his minions to work on some of the knock off characters.  Falcon is not a knock off as he is a true character but characters like Kate Bishop are very forgettable.

Again you never answer my questions.

What movie if it came out in the year 2022 would do better at the Box Office.

Captain America 4 (Steve Rodgers)

or

Captain America 4 (Sam Wilson) and no Steve Rodgers

May I ask how old you are btw?

Edited by NewWorldOrder

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

So what's your argument against the re-casting of Wolverine?

Hugh Jackman's run was as as beloved as RDJ's as Iron Man, lasted longer and over more films.

So he shouldn't be re-cast because he also went out on the perfect note (in Logan)?

Literally every thing you've said about RDJ holds true for Hugh Jackman as well (and for Christopher Reeves - and even, for a generation of Millennials - Christian Bale).

Curious if you'll go with:

# 1) Nah...Hugh Jackman doesn't count because it was Fox, not the MCU, so it's okay to re-cast him for the MCU? or

# 2) Nah...Dakken or X-23 or any of Weapon Prime are just as good in lieu of Wolverine. Audiences won't care...

Edited by Gatsby77

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Hugh Jackman's run was as as beloved as RDJ's as Iron Man, lasted longer and over more films.

So he shouldn't be re-cast because he also went out on the perfect note (in Logan)?

Literally every thing you've said about RDJ holds true for Hugh Jackman as well (and for Christopher Reeves - and even, for a generation of Millennials - Christian Bale).

Or...nah...Hugh Jackman doesn't count because it was Fox, not the MCU, so it's okay to re-cast him for the MCU?

Yes that is his argument. He thinks somehow the MCU will run 5000000+ movies in a single continuity and never reboot or re-cast.  So CAP and Iron Man are gone forever.  

Makes perfect sense right? lol

Cause Disney wouldn't re-cast RDJ, I mean why would they do that.

hm......oh yeahhhhh, I forgot they usually like to make :flipbait:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

Or...nah...Hugh Jackman doesn't count because it was Fox, not the MCU, so it's okay to re-cast him for the MCU?

I never said Wolverine shouldn't be recast. He's definitely going to be recast because Marvel Studios now has access to the X-Men properties. Marvel Studios is going to cast a new Wolverine for its MCU. But once they find a new Wolverine/Logan, he will probably be the permanent Wolverine.

Yes, Logan in the Fox movies had a great ending. But what happened in the Fox films has no bearing at all in the MCU. Marvel Studios will tell their version of the character now and it will be their official MCU version.

We keep debating over the same thing. I don't get why you can't understand what I'm saying and why I'm saying Marvel Studios will not recast the MCU Tony Stark. Again, Marvel Studios wants to tell a continuous unending story that generations can grow with and that has its genesis in the first Iron Man movie. Tony Stark died in Endgame. To recast Tony Stark and bring him back will A) destroy the illusion of the MCU as a single universe, and B) end the continuous story of the MCU begun in Iron Man 1. In a perfect world, Marvel Studios does not want to reboot the MCU and start over. They want fans to love the future MCU as much as fans love the past MCU. If Marvel reboots, it's because they failed at it. I do not think they will fail. Many here think that unless they reboot Tony Stark and Steve Rogers that the MCU will fail with losers like The Eternals and Adam Warlock and Captain Marvel.

31 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Sure on Disney+, which is fine.  Kevin Feige isn't truly working on these characters, his main focus is on the FF and X-Men.  He is giving the scraps to his minions to work on some of the knock off characters.  Falcon is not a knock off as he is a true character but characters like Kate Bishop are very forgettable.

Again you never answer my questions.

What movie if it came out in the year 2022 would do better at the Box Office.

Captain America 4 (Steve Rodgers)

or

Captain America 4 (Sam Wilson) and no Steve Rodgers

May I ask how old you are btw?

At this point in time, and coming off the Falcon and Winter Soldier series, there is more momentum for a Captain America 4 featuring Sam Wilson as the new Cap. So, Captain America 4 featuring Sam Wilson would do just as well as a Cap 4 movie featuring some past story/alternative timeline story featuring Steve Rogers which is what it would have to be. Either way, if it's a Cap America movie, there'd be enough guest stars in the film to pad the movie to make it appealing whether you're opposed to a black Captain America or not.

I'd rather not give out my age but I'm old enough to have grown up reading printed page comic books and to be able to afford to be a CGC collector. How's that.?