• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,644 posts in this topic

Just noticed the price sticker on the Vision and Scarlet Witch. I bring old bags and boards to flea markets in case the books aren't bagged out in wild. I'm flipping it, so saw no reason to re-bag and board. Let the next guy do that. 

17 minutes ago, littledoom said:

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Is it cool to post buys under a dollar or strictly dollar buys? Say 25 or 50 cent comic finds?

I would say a dollar or less is acceptable.  You can always tip the store any change you might get.

It's the "over a dollar but still a good deal" that seems to be missing the spirit of the thing.

5 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

I scored at half price today.  Got about 50 invincible comic issues for $1 including issue 5 and 44.  Also got an invincible iron man 9 1st app of riri in armor, and the gold for me, a copy of avenging spiderman #9 1st captain marvel.  All for a $1 each.

Half Price can be very hit or miss, to put it mildly.  But sometimes you can get crazy lucky there.  The best actual dollar pulls I can remember from there specifically were the Adam Hughes Zatanna covers; but I've also gotten some more expensive items that were still dirt cheap in relative terms; such as a Incredible Hulk #271 around 8.0 for $10; Exotic Romances #28 (with Matt Baker art) around 5.0 for $10; and Action Comics #50 around 2.0 for $60.  (I got lucky and snagged that last one during a one item half list price sale.)

Here are the Zatannas, since they were the actual dollar pickups.  I showed them in the Hughes thread when I got them but I don't think I showed them here:

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg