• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,637 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, BishopT said:

A couple of convenient dollar box digs today:

A5224214-C88F-4D2A-85E6-1E88D17CB77C.jpeg

Batman #28 hot, huh?  Who the heck is Bluebird?  I think I snagged a few of those from a BAM when it came out and I believe they were 9.8 contenders.

15 minutes ago, WeR138 said:

Spent the day digging through $1 boxes at various places.  Picked up these: 

The Space Usagi was a fun find.

Some really good stuff.. sad to see Old Man Logan relegated to dollar boxes.. nice stuff

4 hours ago, WeR138 said:

DSCN6069.thumb.JPG.9cd0dba602797d5d616c3483200c9a27.JPG

I recognized every # of every issue you have posted, with only a portion of the cover showing..... it's time to reevaluate my life...:tonofbricks:

22 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I recognized every # of every issue you have posted, with only a portion of the cover showing..... it's time to reevaluate my life...:tonofbricks:

When I go through boxes sometimes I only need to look at the issue #s of comics, not the full cover 

On 7/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, WeR138 said:

On 7/26/2020 at 12:31 AM, srezvan said:

I had no idea that Space Usagi blew up like this! I got these from the Half Price Books warehouse sale a year ago last week. They were $1 each.

20190719_201809.jpg

Are you guys going to sell your Space Usagi's on ebay?  Easy 100 bucks if not more... book hasn't made an appearance in a couple of days... 

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Are you guys going to sell your Space Usagi's on ebay?  Easy 100 bucks if not more... book hasn't made an appearance in a couple of days... 

I will probably hold for now. Could be a fun series, and regret is a person_without_enough_empathy.

Edited by WeR138

1 hour ago, WeR138 said:

I will probably hold for now. Could be a fun series, and regret is a person_without_enough_empathy.

Yeah, another sold for 40 within minutes this morning. Probably the right move... I don't think the seller realized it's worth because he took the best offer immediately. 

On 7/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, WeR138 said:

I see there are still numerous listings online for Alpha Flight 17 as first Big Hero Six, even though it came out months after Sunfire & Big Hero Six 1.

12 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I see there are still numerous listings online for Alpha Flight 17 as first Big Hero Six, even though it came out months after Sunfire & Big Hero Six 1.

So would that entire mini predate AF 17?

17 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I won't. I pinky swear.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:31 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I still see people claiming Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 is the first black costume, even though it came out 7 months after Amazing Spider-Man #252, more than 35 years ago.  People never let facts get in the way of hyping a book for sale.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

I still see people claiming Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 is the first black costume, even though it came out 7 months after Amazing Spider-Man #252, more than 35 years ago.  People never let facts get in the way of hyping a book for sale.

classic/iconic cover?